Remember when people were saying Eli is even comparable to Peyton? Where are they now?

Options

Comments

• Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always rated Peyton higher than Eli. Even when he was a Colt
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    That front 4 kept Brady in check
    Ryan, Rodgers.

Eli barely put up points

The defense win them rings

As we can see right now their defense is ? and look how he's playing..

Wait.....Our defense wasn't that good in 2011 and Eli carried us through the season, pulling off late game comebacks game after game...He literally carried us through the season until the defense decided to show uo the last couple weeks...and even in the Dallas game in the season finale he scorched'em...It was pretty much the Eli/JPP/Cruz show the entire 2011 season...But in response to the thread, Eli is my fav QB in NFL history and eve i'd never say he's better than Peyton, HE'S NOT! But this is Peyton Manning we're talking about, how many QB's that have played in the league are better than him??? But, if you asked me would I trade Eli for Peyton as QB for my team, i'd say no....Eli fits the organization, and the results show it.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's look closer at what elindid to win his Super Bowls.... He played a weak patriots D and threw the ball across his body on a 3rd and 5 in the middle of the field and got lucky... In his last Super Bowl his brother questioned one of his TDs and Eli basically said he didn't see jerrod mayo who was suppose to be in the right spot to pick off a TD pass to victor Cruz. In the NFC champ game against the 49ers he threw a couple of int right into the defenders hands which were dropped....

Eli is more lucky than good.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    On 1st take those idiots where saying john Elway isn't known as the greatest bc he lost 3 Super Bowls.... Those idiots act like going 2-3 in super bowls is worse than going 2-0 they act like Elway would've been better off losing in the afc championship game.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Robert Horry > LBJ
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one is saying Eli is the better player.

You're just being biased as ? if you can't admit Eli plays better in the post-season though.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd take Eli in the playoffs

But It'll take every 3 years just to be in the playoffs

So I take that back, Gimme Peyton overall
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do they say? Better to be lucky than good.........
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the fact peyton has had 12 chances to eli 5 to win a ring but eli has more rings should say somethin
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Let's look closer at what elindid to win his Super Bowls.... He played a weak patriots D and threw the ball across his body on a 3rd and 5 in the middle of the field and got lucky... In his last Super Bowl his brother questioned one of his TDs and Eli basically said he didn't see jerrod mayo who was suppose to be in the right spot to pick off a TD pass to victor Cruz. In the NFC champ game against the 49ers he threw a couple of int right into the defenders hands which were dropped....

we talkin bout the same pats that were undefeated with that same weak D and i guess the 49ers D was weak also sound like you making excuses for peyton lol
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

we talkin bout the same pats that were undefeated with that same weak D and i guess the 49ers D was weak also sound like you making excuses for peyton lol

Do you not remember how bad Alex smith played against the giants? Id say the giants D out performed Eli to win one of his Super Bowls. Eli makes a lot of mistakes is my point in general but let's not act like stats are the end all be all to actually playing and performing well. Peyton is a far more important piece to his team than Eli has ever been.

Both Eli and Peyton have injury riddled Olines look how different their performances are...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peyton has always had to play better comp to reach playoffs and advance in them

He doesn't play better than Peyton anywhere, anytime

? just aligned for Eli better
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peyton is the better and more consistent QB in the regular season. eli has just as many smh moments as great moments in the regular season. but in the post season these brothers completely switch attributes

peyton has a ring and you cant take that away from him. you can bring up the numbers in that postseason performance and i can bring up him leading one of the biggest comebacks in conference championship history against a team that has owned him in the postseason. i can bring up him and the colts beating the chicago bears at their own game in the superbowl, playing more physical in the type of weather that has plagued peyton in the colts years prior. those are two demons he exercised in one postseason, capping it off with winning a superbowl title, another stigma that looked like he would never shake. that stands for something more than just one sb ring

some ? act like eli has 4 rings to peyton's 1. eli only has one more. its important but its not that much of a landslide. peyton has a chance to win more before his career is over, then again so does eli so we'll see
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'd take Eli over Peyton. What good is being the world's greatest QB when you fold up like a soggy napkin when everything is on the line? Yall so focused on the QB with the perfect game, and the perfect arm, and the perfect stats when his brother is the one that gets ? done. And he still got another 5 or 6 years to play. What will your excuse be if Eli gets 3 rings?

You can't teach this ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJu49k7vSdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XSgZzHSts0

If you want to say Eli only won because of his defensive line, that's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. But just to state the facts, Peyton didn't have a bad front four either. Robert Mathis (5x Pro-Bowl) and Dwight Freeney (7x Pro-Bowl) have actually made more pro-bowls than Michael Strahan (7 Pro-Bowl), Justin Tuck (2 Pro-Bowl) and Osi Umenyiora (2 Pro-Bowl) combined. So yea...

Defense can't teach a quarterback how to do what Eli did. In the regular season Eli makes bonehead decisions sometimes but, when it comes to being on the world stage in professional football...he delivered BOTH times. Meanwhile his brother, the GOAT QB, was out there throwing pick 6's and having a slugfest with Rex Grossman of all people.
  • R.D.
    Options
    We don't believe you
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Do you not remember how bad Alex smith played against the giants? Id say the giants D out performed Eli to win one of his Super Bowls. Eli makes a lot of mistakes is my point in general but let's not act like stats are the end all be all to actually playing and performing well. Peyton is a far more important piece to his team than Eli has ever been.

Both Eli and Peyton have injury riddled Olines look how different their performances are...

so basically you dont want to give eli any credit
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    off topic but does big ben get more credit for the steelers rings or their defense
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    I'd take Eli over Peyton. What good is being the world's greatest QB when you fold up like a soggy napkin when everything is on the line? Yall so focused on the QB with the perfect game, and the perfect arm, and the perfect stats when his brother is the one that gets ? done. And he still got another 5 or 6 years to play. What will your excuse be if Eli gets 3 rings?

You can't teach this ? .

If you want to say Eli only won because of his defensive line, that's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. But just to state the facts, Peyton didn't have a bad front four either. Robert Mathis (5x Pro-Bowl) and Dwight Freeney (7x Pro-Bowl) have actually made more pro-bowls than Michael Strahan (7 Pro-Bowl), Justin Tuck (2 Pro-Bowl) and Osi Umenyiora (2 Pro-Bowl) combined. So yea...

Defense can't teach a quarterback how to do what Eli did. In the regular season Eli makes bonehead decisions sometimes but, when it comes to being on the world stage in professional football...he delivered BOTH times. Meanwhile his brother, the GOAT QB, was out there throwing pick 6's and having a slugfest with Rex Grossman of all people.

when did rex grossman play defense?

and again, the weather in that superbowl didnt do the quality of the game any favors. you expected a shootout in heavy rain?
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    off topic but does big ben get more credit for the steelers rings or their defense

ben was pretty bad his first superbowl win but his game winning drive in his second appearance gives him the worthy props. it is a team game. that defense doesnt win championships without ben and vice versa because they all helped eachother get there
  • R.D.
    Options

You can't teach this ? .

when did rex grossman play defense?

and again, the weather in that superbowl didnt do the quality of the game any favors. you expected a shootout in heavy rain?
    Nahhh this is the video game generation

He still should've threw for 400 yards and 5 TDs
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some dude was arguing that Peyton is the greatest QB of all time.... He is my fave player but I had to hit homie up w the Shaq Face
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember people saying he had more rings. That's as far as that goes.

Peyton is and has been on a whole different level.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't teach this ? .

My issue with that is how's ? not on the line during the regular season? There comes a point where if you're looking like a long shot to get into the playoffs where the team's like "Alright, time to stop ? around. We gotta buckle down, and win these games." Then you go out there and catch L's. That's not chokin?

Him being 32-41 in November/December isn't choking when he missed the playoffs half his career? Peyton's 84-38 in November/December and stays in the playoffs.

I agree Eli has a stronger postseason resume. But this dude is not super clutch. Catching L's when it's time to make a playoff push also counts as choking.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So last year it was Eli's fault when the defense folded against Atlanta and Baltimore. When your team is down by a lot you are going to take more risks to get your team back in the game. Yes Eli does make a lot of mistakes as a fan I can admit to that but damn.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    So last year it was Eli's fault when the defense folded against Atlanta and Baltimore. When your team is down by a lot you are going to take more risks to get your team back in the game. Yes Eli does make a lot of mistakes as a fan I can admit to that but damn.

Against Baltimore Eli went 14-28, 1 TD 0 INT, 150 yards. Kinda basic ass numbers are those? Those numbers aren't good enough to put the blame on the defense.

Against ATL Eli went 13 for 25, 161 yards, 0 TD 2 INT. They scored 0 points. Blaming the D for that loss gets everything else you say ignored.