These ? done shocked the f**k outta me: The Official 2013-14 Boston Celtics Thread

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more worried about Sullys back than Avery's injuries, the only time Avery played bad this year was when he was playing on a bad ankle, I don't see his injuries lingering where Sully's back could potentially shorten his career, if we end up with Embiid or a legit Center I'm cool with sticking with Sully at the 4, but your better off with him coming off the bench, Gordon looks like he got more tools especially his shot blocking ability, he's got to improve his free throw shooting though, Avery isn't demanding too much by the way he's demanding what he's worth
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more worried about Sullys back than Avery's injuries, the only time Avery played bad this year was when he was playing on a bad ankle, I don't see his injuries lingering where Sully's back could potentially shorten his career, if we end up with Embiid or a legit Center I'm cool with sticking with Sully at the 4, but your better off with him coming off the bench, Gordon looks like he got more tools especially his shot blocking ability, he's got to improve his free throw shooting though, Avery isn't demanding too much by the way he's demanding what he's worth

he's not worth $8 mil a year stop it. He had some good moments dis year but overall he had a bad year nd was playin for a contract im not a fan of his
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    8 million a year is faaaar from being overpaid, the man earned it, you need to let that hate on Avery every chance you get agenda go, ? does it with Hibbert, dabull does it with Paul, ? makes no sense to me, Sullinger wasn't even a full time starter on a team that tied for the 4th worst record in the league, he went on a two week stretch shooting under 30% but I didn't hear a peep then, Avery hit some ridiculous 18 of his 32 from 3 or better I forget the official numbers to end the season, he works his ass off and takes pride in defending, no ones asking him to be your first option but a 3rd/4th option who gives you 100% on both sides, you need guys like that to win, I hope it's him and Exum in the backcourt but it's all about how the ? roll, I'm not taking Exum with the first, I was trying to be realistic instead of sounding like a Laker fan something like we're going to get the first and trade Rondo for the 2nd and draft Embiid and Parker, I'll be happy with either or those guys too, but I'm convinced this is the summer Rondo gets traded and if we can snag another pick anywhere from 6-10 I hope it's Gordon or Vonleh
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    like i said he had good moments but overall he had more bad games then good. dat stretch of 5 games wit 73 shots nd 0 assist was disgusting. nd his defense regressed dis past year cuz he was chuckin badly aint no agenda postin when i feel his shot selection was ? garbage. nd Sully was shootin dat bad cuz he was playin wit a broken hand. im not payin Avery's injury prone chuckin ass $8 mil a year hes ok but not a future cornerstone type player ur overrating dat ? badly lls
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Are you really willing to pay Hayward 14 mil but won't pay Avery 8? That's craziness
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Are you really willing to pay Hayward 14 mil but won't pay Avery 8? That's craziness

who da hell said dat? lol he regressed dis past year as well sure he gets more assist but hes pretty much da same as Jeff Green. im not payin Avery 8 cuz he's neva healthy his defense regressed nd his shot selection got worse he was leadin our team in shots at 1 point nd was 3rd on da squad in scorin Avery is expendable he isnt a player we HAVE to have goin forward i'd sign Sully long term before i sign Avery long term
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    14 mil is what it's going to take to get him, Avery didn't regress defensively that's a load of bs, he might of had some bad nights, but he's still in the prime of his career, he had more bad games than good is a load of ? too, I want Sully and Avery, I just want Sully coming off the bench, if you have a better option at the 4 and have a guy like Sully coming off the bench why wouldn't you do that? I'll take Exum playing the 2 too and stick with Rondo at the point but he still has to develop his shot
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    NIK STAUSKAS (Michigan, SG, 6-6, 12th on Chad Ford's Big board)

"My interview with [the Celtics] was actually very short, but it was all positive. I lived in Boston the last few years of high school [while attending St. Mark's in Southborough, Mass.] and Danny Ainge was telling me he actually saw me play a few times in high school and AAU because I played against his son [Cooper]. So he’s seen me for a while. And Brad Stevens is obviously a great coach. He’s also very close to my assistant coach at Michigan, LaVall Jordan -- they were at Butler together. [The Celtics] just had a lot of good things to say about me ... they questioned my defensive ability, that’s kinda been the main thing with every team.

"They asked me to draw up some plays for them on a board, they kinda put me on the spot, but other than that, it was probably my shortest interview. I forget what they asked me, but it was kinda just drawing up my favorite play to get a certain action. I just drew up one of our plays that we used a lot at Michigan." Stauskas said the play ended with him shooting from the perimeter, but pressed on the play, he joked, "I can’t reveal that. I might get a call from [Michigan] coach [John] Beilein."

T.J. WARREN (NC State, SF, 6-8, 28th on big board)

"My meeting with Boston was pretty good. I sat down with Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens and some of their scouts. Overall great meeting, I really enjoyed talking to those guys and looking forward to getting up there for a workout [in early June]. I drew up a play. I could tell they really liked me a lot. I’m very interested in them. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next. I went for an inside screen, hopefully get a switch from a point guard, get the guard to take a screen. It’s a pretty unique play and my sweet spot is around the mid-range area. They thought it was clever."
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    P.J. HAIRSTON (North Carolina/D-League, SG, 6-5, 16th on big board)

"I met with [Boston on Thursday] night. They were really nice. When we were meeting, they told me their needs and they said they needed a shooter. But my first impression was just how nice and how polite they were. And just how they asked their questions. They were very nice and straightforward. My meeting with Boston wasn’t long because I felt like I answered all their questions fairly and they felt like I was 100 percent honest. I thought the interview went very very well. ... I’m not nervous to talk about the past [and dismissal from North Carolina]. I’m able to sit down and be completely honest with them about what happened."

GARY HARRIS (Michigan State, SG, 6-4, 10th on big board)

"Brad Stevens and I kinda have a previous relationship just because he was at Butler and, me being from Indiana, [they met during] the whole [college] recruiting process. I felt a comfort in the interview and I felt like it went pretty well. ... I remember I thought [Stevens] was a terrific coach, we had a very good relationship. But the whole Butler situation, being so close to home, I was kinda looking to step away a little bit, grow a little bit. You don’t know what they are going to ask in those interviews, so the nervousness you have, but you are also excited to get that opportunity. When you go in there, you just kinda relax when you see somebody you already know. They told me to draw up a few plays, some of my favorite plays from Michigan State."
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    ZACH LAVINE (UCLA, PG, 6-5, 14th on big board)

"I met with Boston earlier. Just getting to know each other; first time meeting. It was a lot of fun. They didn’t ask any unusual questions. It was just getting to know me. [Teams often ask Lavine] 'Tell us your story.' I just want to go out there and show them I’m a competitor, a very hard worker. Show them my skill set and that I’m a good person, a genuine person."

JULIUS RANDLE (Kentucky, PF, 6-9, 5th on big board)

"[The interview with Boston] went well, just getting to know those guys, their coach, and it just went well. The Celtics have a lot of tradition, and it was just an honor to be talking to those guys. A lot of teams are just trying to get to know me as a person. They’ve heard a lot of good things, as far as my character and things like that, and they obviously know me as a player and what I have the potential to be. They just want to get to know me and my family as well. The Celtics are a young team, [Stevens] is able to relate to young guys and he kinda knows the adjustment, because he’s making that adjustment as well, making that jump from college to pros."
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    NOAH VONLEH (Indiana, PF, 6-10, 7th on big board)

"[The Boston interview] went pretty well. It was real quick and brief. They told me they want me to come in for a workout and they’ve been watching me since high school. I’ve been watching Boston growing up [in Haverhill]. I’ve lived in Boston my whole life. It would be great to play back at home in a great organization. They’re not a championship team right now, but they’ve had a lot of championships raised over the years. [Stevens is] a great coach. I watched him when he was at Butler. Now he’s at the Celtics. I think I would fit pretty well into his system."

AARON GORDON (Arizona, PF, 6-8, 6th on big board)

"The [Celtics] just asked about my personal life. They pushed away basketball, then brought basketball back and asked questions about just certain aspects of my life. I got a really good vibe from the Celtics. They seem really family-oriented. They seemed like really good people that have my best interest at heart. I got a good vibe from them. We talked about [Gordon's position]. We just went over my strengths and my weaknesses. We talked about what I can bring to the game every single night. Nothing too unusual [for questions]. It was pretty straight forward. It’s not like it was uptight. It was very light. It was relaxed. People were smiling. I got one question [from another team] about how many pennies were in $1 million dollars. I got it right in 22 seconds. They timed me. I made a joke to stall it so I could think a little bit more and I came back and answered it correctly."
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    If we end up with Love we got to get Asik or Perk if okc falls short and decides to amnesty him, we need interior De and hopefully Love will take pride in playing de which has been his one weakness
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    It just occurred to me Melo could come into play in wherever Love lands....hmmmm
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    i wouldnt mind takin TJ Warren wit our 17th pick dude can score nd draw fouls dat can be used on our squad if we let Bayless walk he can be our firepower off da bench
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Don't know much about him, heard they like Shabazz
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BOSTON'S LOTTERY HISTORY

A look at the 11 players Boston has selected via the draft lottery:

2007: Jeff Green* (5)
    2006: Randy Foye** (7)
    2001: Joe Johnson (10), Kedrick Brown (11, via Denver)
    2000: Jerome Moiso (11)
    1998: Paul Pierce (9)
    1997: Chauncey Billups (3), Ron Mercer (6 via Dallas)
    1996: Antoine Walker (6, via Dallas)
    1994: Eric Montross (9)
    1986: ? Bias (2, via Seattle)

* Selected for Seattle as part of Ray Allen trade
    ** Selected for Minnesota as part of deal to acquire Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair and a 2008 second-round pick (Trent Plaisted) in exchange for Foye, Dan Dickau and Raef LaFrentz
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I wish we got rid of Pitino before Chauncey, Chauncey, young Joe, Pierce, and Walker would of been a nice lineup for a couple before Ainge got there
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    And I don't even remember the name Moiso, I wasn't tuned in that year
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Moiso was fab melo before fab melo him nd Kendrick Brown were extreme waste management
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ being upset cuz a ? ain't getting assists on the Celtics. Who the ? gon make the shot?
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nevermind; I'm a Bulls fan. Disregard.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Vonleh or Gordon if we don't trade it, Exum won't slip plus I'd rather trade Rondo for another lottery pick if we did have a shot at Rondo, I still think there's a good chance to acquire Love because Love isn't going to resign with any of the 5 teams in front of us, and we still got all the same assets to make another power move, more than anything I was just mad that the history of bad luck in the lottery continues to haunt us, but at the end of the day even the top 3 guys have a lot of question marks, still a lot of talent at that 6th spot and could turn out to be a blessing in disguise
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    *Have a shot at Exum

It's early
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I wouldn't even have been mad if we traded the number 1 pick, but I was hoping at least with the number 1 maybe Minny would of been willing to take on Wallaces contract, pipe dreams