THE DARK SIDE OF THE BIBLE- SATAN VS JEHOVAH (YOU JUDGE )

Options

Comments

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    Anansi wrote: »
    But didn't christ say I and my father are one meaning the ? of israel and himself are one? So what gives, to say that i'm a follower of yahweh but not christ?

The question is what father was Jesus referring to? He never specifically memtions Yahweh by name. The ancient gnostic Christians from over 2,000 years agp believed that the father Jesus taught about was not the old testament Jehovah.

Same guy jesus mentions that, he did not come to abolish the law or the prophets who foretold of his coming but to fulfill it so what gives? If indeed, he's referring to the ones the prophets worshiped , then he's the one. If not, then i guess judaist are still waiting on their messiah.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    But didn't christ say I and my father are one meaning the ? of israel and himself are one? So what gives, to say that i'm a follower of yahweh but not christ?

The question is what father was Jesus referring to? He never specifically memtions Yahweh by name. The ancient gnostic Christians from over 2,000 years agp believed that the father Jesus taught about was not the old testament Jehovah.

Same guy jesus mentions that, he did not come to abolish the law or the prophets who foretold of his coming but to fulfill it so what gives? If indeed, he's referring to the ones the prophets worshiped , then he's the one. If not, then i guess judaist are still waiting on their messiah.

Jehovah Winess realize that there could be 2 gods in the Bible which is how their sect came into existence.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I think @Anansi you are forgetting that the ? of israel is also a ? of war and the people of cannan deserved killing they practiced all manner of evil. Notice how softer ? was on the egyptians when compared to how he punished the the cannanities

But isn't he the same ? in the bible? The "let there be light" ? ? The "i'm the alpha and omega" ? ? Or there are two gods in the bible?

Based on my research it seems to be 2 gods in the Bible.

The house i was born into required that i read the bible, now obviously as a kid, i read it without thinking too much of it. I read it again and for the last time towards the latter part of my teen years and i equally came to that realization...the old testament exodus movement ? was a jealous, scornful, war mongrel and advocate of anything violent....the other ? comes in and says something along the lines of I am a merciful ? etc etc. Which ones are christians worshipping?

They are the same ? but you have to understand that ? in the old testament is dealing with mankind from the perspective of "THE STATE". The creation and maintance of israel as a state and it's history is what most of the old testament is dealing with. Israel had to survive, it's laws and treatment of others seemed harsh to us but it was all for the good of all mankind. The laws of israel were soft compared to the laws of the other nations at the time. Google SCAPHISM or the bronze bull and you'll see what i mean.

Think about it if ? had allowed all of israel to fall off into baal worship then we don't have jesus and everything in the old testament builds up to jesus.

The new testament is about ? dealing with " YOU" as an individual as a member of the human family.
  • zombie
    Options
    The bible was full of genocide and murder and all types of ? that is considered unethical and immoral given command by YVWH, but a lot of christians don't look at this type of thing. Imagine them killing all of your children who never got a chance to live and your daughter's getting ? , this sounds like a war ? vs a good ? of light and hope. Why create us and never show yourself and expect people to worship you? Sounds quite silly.

I'm just waiting on the ones who accept the Bible as the de facto word of yahweh to explain this to me. Not only is he a war mongrel ? but also a very jealous and contradictory ?

Ive been posting threads like this for the longest.

Believers will have us believe the bible only contains truth and goodwill and thus debunk any assertions otherwise

not me i'll tell you right now that the ? i worship has no problem blasting people away from the earth once they cross a certain line. the whole bible is leading up to the destruction of this world the message is clear

? is not playing around ALL WHO DO EVIL WILL PAY. Think about it jesus was the perfect man yet he was still allowed to be tortured and nailed to a cross.

So for all have sinned and fall short off the glory of the lord i was told growing up. Kids who are birthed and don't survive life also are sinners or am i miscontruing the meaning of the text in the holy bible?

yeah you don't seem to understand that verse sin has to be punished or atoned for there is no way around it in the old days sin was wiped by the death of an animal and changed behavior.

now we have christ so he took all our punishment for us but we have to believe in him and change our behavior

• beenwize
    Options
    I think @Anansi you are forgetting that the ? of israel is also a ? of war and the people of cannan deserved killing they practiced all manner of evil. Notice how softer ? was on the egyptians when compared to how he punished the the cannanities

But isn't he the same ? in the bible? The "let there be light" ? ? The "i'm the alpha and omega" ? ? Or there are two gods in the bible?

The house i was born into required that i read the bible, now obviously as a kid, i read it without thinking too much of it. I read it again and for the last time towards the latter part of my teen years and i equally came to that realization...the old testament exodus movement ? was a jealous, scornful, war mongrel and advocate of anything violent....the other ? comes in and says something along the lines of I am a merciful ? etc etc. Which ones are christians worshipping?

They are the same ? but you have to understand that ? in the old testament is dealing with mankind from the perspective of "THE STATE". The creation and maintance of israel as a state and it's history is what most of the old testament is dealing with. Israel had to survive, it's laws and treatment of others seemed harsh to us but it was all for the good of all mankind. The laws of israel were soft compared to the laws of the other nations at the time. Google SCAPHISM or the bronze bull and you'll see what i mean.

Think about it if ? had allowed all of israel to fall off into baal worship then we don't have jesus and everything in the old testament builds up to jesus.

The new testament is about ? dealing with " YOU" as an individual as a member of the human family.

I would like for you to post some Ancient Egyptian laws that make OT law/punishments look soft?
  • Rasta.
    Options

I know all about scaphism and the bronze bull brah. My favorite hobby in my youth and early adolescence was to read about ancient history/civilizations/gods etc. So therefore i ask you, if this "State ? " of Israel has changed his focus from that perspective to an individual perspective, how so is that the people of that "state" do not believe the messiah has been on earth already? And i strongly disagree with the laws being soft amongst other nations cos ? himself commanded his "captains/prophets" to destroy nations among nations for their despicable acts/laws...
  • Rasta.
    Options
    The bible was full of genocide and murder and all types of ? that is considered unethical and immoral given command by YVWH, but a lot of christians don't look at this type of thing. Imagine them killing all of your children who never got a chance to live and your daughter's getting ? , this sounds like a war ? vs a good ? of light and hope. Why create us and never show yourself and expect people to worship you? Sounds quite silly.

I'm just waiting on the ones who accept the Bible as the de facto word of yahweh to explain this to me. Not only is he a war mongrel ? but also a very jealous and contradictory ?

Ive been posting threads like this for the longest.

Believers will have us believe the bible only contains truth and goodwill and thus debunk any assertions otherwise

not me i'll tell you right now that the ? i worship has no problem blasting people away from the earth once they cross a certain line. the whole bible is leading up to the destruction of this world the message is clear

? is not playing around ALL WHO DO EVIL WILL PAY. Think about it jesus was the perfect man yet he was still allowed to be tortured and nailed to a cross.

So for all have sinned and fall short off the glory of the lord i was told growing up. Kids who are birthed and don't survive life also are sinners or am i miscontruing the meaning of the text in the holy bible?

yeah you don't seem to understand that verse sin has to be punished or atoned for there is no way around it in the old days sin was wiped by the death of an animal and changed behavior.

now we have christ so he took all our punishment for us but we have to believe in him and change our behavior

I was being sarcastic with that post brah...what i wanted to convey was a child born out of wedlock is a sinner cos he/she hasn't yet had the "born-again" change no? I know what christ stands for (his death on calvary has wiped or allowed man a way to enter his kingdom) John 5:24
  • zombie
    Options

I know all about scaphism and the bronze bull brah. My favorite hobby in my youth and early adolescence was to read about ancient history/civilizations/gods etc. So therefore i ask you, if this "State ? " of Israel has changed his focus from that perspective to an individual perspective, how so is that the people of that "state" do not believe the messiah has been on earth already? And i strongly disagree with the laws being soft amongst other nations cos ? himself commanded his "captains/prophets" to destroy nations among nations for their despicable acts/laws...

some did believe that the messiah came to earth, during jesus lifetime he had his own following and after the cross some of the apostles stayed in israel and taught about jesus, some jews converted some did not, it's as simple as that and the state of israel was destroyed for a long time as ? said it would be.

i said the laws ? gave to israel were soft in comparison to the laws some of the other nations had not that israel treated these other nations soft.
  • zombie
    Options

I would like for you to post some Ancient Egyptian laws that make OT law/punishments look soft?

firstly i don't consider the egyptians to be among the kind of nations i am talking about and it's the laws of israel that are soft compared to the laws of the canaanites. I don't know any ancient egyptian religious laws but i am willing to bet that they were not as harsh as that of the canaanites. keep in mind i am talking about the practices of their religions
  • beenwize
    edited October 2013
    Options

I really don't understand your logic. You say ? was dealing with a state in the Old Testament so therefore that justifies him ordering the deaths of millions of people. If you think that's how you deal with a nation of people then would you have a problem with the governments of this world handling business in this manner? Killing people based off of worship? If there is only 1 ? in existence according to the Bible then why is it a need to ? someone worshipping another ? if that ? that they worship really does NOT exist anyway?

• zombie
    edited October 2013
    Options

I really don't understand your logic. You say ? was dealing with a state in the Old Testament so therefore that justifies him ordering the deaths of millions of people. If you think that's how you deal with a nation of people then would you have a problem with the governments of this world handling business in this manner? Killing people based off of worship? If there is only 1 ? in existence according to the Bible then why is it a need to ? someone worshipping another ? if that ? that they worship really does NOT exist anyway?

You don't understand.

? was ensuring the survival of israel the state and when states go to war people are killed this is how it is right now today and back then, also millions is an over exaggeration.

read the bible ? did not simply destroy those nations based on their worship of false gods he destroyed them because they were leading israel into their evil practices. And some attacked israel

These people worshiped there gods through child sacrfice temple prostitution and beastialty. They would act out there myths so in other words if there ? ? a goat they had to ? a goat and ? cannot have the people of israel ? goats

• beenwize
    edited October 2013
    Options

You don't understand.

? was ensuring the survival of israel the state and when states go to war people are killed this is how it is right now today and back then, also millions is an over exaggeration.

read the bible ? did not simply destroy those nations based on their worship of false gods he destroyed them because they were leading israel into their evil practices. And some attacked israel

These people worshiped there gods through child sacrfice temple prostitution and beastialty. They would act out there myths so in other words if there ? ? a goat they had to ? a goat.

Didn't ? ask Abraham to offer his own son as a burnt offering and wasn't Abraham attempting to do just that? As we see Abraham didn't hesitate to offer his own son as a burnt offering to ? . These other nations you speak of sacrificed there children so what's the difference? Do you think they knew whether or not they worshipped a false ? ?

Genesis 22:2-3
    2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which ? had told him.
  • zombie
    Options
    it's like having a teenage son that's in love with a ? you have to get that ? away from your son. if you can remove her from his life you do so. that's what ? did with some of those other nations.
  • zombie
    Options

You don't understand.

These people worshiped there gods through child sacrfice temple prostitution and beastialty. They would act out there myths so in other words if there ? ? a goat they had to ? a goat.

Didn't ? ask Abraham to offer his own son as a burnt offering and wasn't Abraham attempting to do just that? As we see Abraham didn't hesitate to offer his own son as a burnt offering to ? . These other nations you speak of sacrificed there children so what's the difference? Do you think they knew whether or not they worshipped a false ? or not?

2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which ? had told him.

The difference is ? did not let abraham actually do it. they could have worshipped any ? they wanted to but when they started leading israel astray or attacking israel they made a very bad mistake
  • beenwize
    Options

You don't understand.

Didn't ? ask Abraham to offer his own son as a burnt offering and wasn't Abraham attempting to do just that? As we see Abraham didn't hesitate to offer his own son as a burnt offering to ? . These other nations you speak of sacrificed there children so what's the difference? Do you think they knew whether or not they worshipped a false ? or not?

The difference is ? did not let abraham actually do it. they could have worshipped any ? they wanted to but when they started leading israel astray or attacking israel they made a very bad mistake

It does not matter if ? stopped him. He was doing the same evil thing you say the other nations were doing.
  • zombie
    Options

You don't understand.

It does not matter if ? stopped him. He was doing the same evil thing you say the other nations were doing.

It does matter in the old testament ? judged you on what you DO, NOT WHAT YOU MIGHT DO.
  • beenwize
    Options

You don't understand.

It does matter in the old testament ? judged you on what you DO, NOT WHAT YOU MIGHT DO.

typical blinded Christian.
  • zombie
    Options

You don't understand.

If you want the typical christian look elsewhere. i will keep it 100 with you. abraham did not ? his child so what was ? going to punish him for? vs the people of canaan who killed loads of their own children ? animals, and had regular orgies.
  • beenwize
    Options

You don't understand.

If you want the typical christian look elsewhere. i will keep it 100 with you. abraham did not ? his child so what was ? going to punish him for? vs the people of canaan who killed loads of their own children ? animals, and had regular orgies.

the fact is that Abraham is in the same category is those ppl that sacrificed there children. Abraham attempted to sacrifice his own son. Those other ppl sacrificed their own children. Do you think they knew if they were sacrificing to a false ? intentionally or did they think it to be a true ? like Abraham believed?
  • zombie
    Options

You don't understand.

the fact is that Abraham is in the same category is those ppl that sacrificed there children. Abraham attempted to sacrifice his own son. Those other ppl sacrificed their own children. Do you think they knew if they were sacrificing to a false ? intentionally or did they think it to be a true ? like Abraham believed?

No the fact is he never killed his child and attempting something is not the same as doing it.
    the bible states that all men know the difference between good and evil no matter who they worshiped they knew better.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I just get this impression that because ? calls people to Himself, they are somehow "without sin"; that because ? called Israel to be His Chosen People, that the curse of the fall has been lifted from them. The Israelites were no different than someone who was up to no good and some did not believe that ? was who He said He was.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    @zombie the bible and according to ? describes attempting to do sin as committing the sin itself so I disagree with that statement. So according to your logic, who committed the first sin then?
  • zombie
    edited October 2013
    Options
    @zombie the bible and according to ? describes attempting to do sin as committing the sin itself so I disagree with that statement. So according to your logic, who committed the first sin then?

nah see i was talking about ? bringing judgement in reference to the results of actually ACTIONS in the OT.

THE FIRST SIN ON EARTH I BLAME ADAM.
  • Rasta.
    Options

nah see i was talking about ? bringing judgement in reference to the results of actually ACTIONS in the OT.

THE FIRST SIN ON EARTH I BLAME ADAM.

I see, many instances in the bible he threatened his people and yet being the "? " that he is, gave them a way out.

How do you blame Adam when Lucifer was the con artist? What is your whole view on the bible?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOLLLL I READ THE FIRST FEW PARAGRAPHS AND JUS SMH.. IS IT WRONG TO LAUGH???

NO MERCY IN THE END ON ANY ENEMY OF ?

SATAN IS TORMENTIN GODS SERVANTS AND HAS BEEN SINCE EVE ATE THE FRUIT

U THINK ? AINT GON GET REVENGE AND LET HIS ANGELS AND FALLEN SOULJAS HAVE A FIELD DAY ON THE DEVILS??

YOU CRAZYYYYYY. YOU BETTER FIGURE OUT WHO SIDE YOU WANNA BE ON, YOU STILL GOT TIME AT THE TIME OF THIS POST