Digital or discs what are you buying for next gen???

Options
John_Blazini
John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im going digital for X-1 and hopefully for my Ps4 i just hope it doesn't take a week to download games on Sony's network.. I hope they can get the whole play as you download thing to work out the gate...

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Discs ...... always like to have my collection in front of me. Hardware tend to fail
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!!

IMAG0058_zpsa5e30dde.jpg
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I live in 2013 so digital as much as possible. Definitely for all multiplayer games that I will playing over and over again.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!!

IMAG0058_zpsa5e30dde.jpg

Cool surfboard .................

................. wait :-B
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    ? A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!!

IMAG0058_zpsa5e30dde.jpg

bruh your game and dvd stands need weight gainer b.. thats not wavy
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!!

IMAG0058_zpsa5e30dde.jpg

bruh your game and dvd stands need weight gainer b.. thats not wavy

it'll do for now sucka...
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    @focus if we go strictly digital any word on price difference or if we can still get bonus content like pre orders?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Digital as much as possible. I never trade my games in and the only people who borrow them are bummy friends who never return them.

Vita has showed me how good digital is. (Bar the minimal space on vita cards)
  • focus
    Options
    @focus if we go strictly digital any word on price difference or if we can still get bonus content like pre orders?

This is what they said at the end of August...
    IGN: Will I be able to get pre-order bonuses and special edition versions on digitally downloaded games?

WHITTEN: Yes! You’ll see more details here in the future.

The only 3 games that have announced, digital download bonuses right now are RYSE, Dead Rising 3, and Forza if downloaded within 2 weeks of launch. They are the same bonus' that you would get if you pre-ordered at a retailer.
    What will be included in the Day One Editions of Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3

AUGUST 27TH 2013 6:00 AM PT

Today, Turn 10, Crytek and Capcom provided details of the exclusive content and unlocks that will be included in the Day One Editions of Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3.

To commemorate the launch of Xbox One, Day One Editions are special game SKUS that include exclusive content and are available via download on Xbox Live the first two weeks after launch.

Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Car Pack: This three-car pack features amazing cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10:

2010 Audi TT RS Coupe: Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi’s famed RS badge – a distinction that’s earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.
    2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.
    2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera: Like great sculpture, the Superleggera’s chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That’s where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it’s moving at top speed.

Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition: Dead Rising Tribute Pack featuring exclusive game content and bonus attribute perks.

Classic Frank West outfit with Frank’s Zombie Slugger weapon, extra gory attacks and a custom skill move. Also includes attribute perks for increased melee damage and tougher survivors.
    Official Chuck Greene outfit with Paddle Saw combo weapon that cuts through zombie hordes with increased damage and durability. Also includes attribute perks for vehicle and weapon durability.

Ryse: Son of Rome Day One Edition Exclusive Gladiator Mode Unlockables:
    The Day One Edition of Ryse: Son of Rome will give players access to an exclusive Gladiator Mode Co-Op Multiplayer Map and an exclusive Sword add-on. Owners of the Day One Edition will be able to invite friends who own the Standard Edition to join them on the exclusive map.

Legionnaire’s Trust Exclusive Sword: From the Brotherhood of Metalworkers high in the Swiss Alps comes this well-crafted, finely hammered blade that includes bonus in-game attributes.
    Ruins: Placing gladiators among the columns of an abandoned temple, Ruins will pit players against hordes of Barbarians, attacking from around every corner. The arena changes dynamically during gameplay, adding new obstacles and objectives for the player to encounter and overcome.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Thats all i needed im def going digital
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Discs have salvage value.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    edited October 2013
    Options
    LOL. ? do realize that these consoles are account based, so doesn't matter if the hardware fails...and that all the games, disk or digital, require an install on both systems anyway...right? Whats the reasoning in not going digital?

Miss me with that "smell of a new game" or "the way it looks on my shelf" nonsense.

That $11 "PLUS OMGZ, 25% EXTRA TRADE IN CREDITZ" from BlockBuster Gamestop really mean that much to some of yall?
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    i dont trade in games man ? all that
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    LOL. ? do realize that these consoles are account based, so doesn't matter if the hardware fails...and that all the games, disk or digital, require an install on both systems anyway...right? Whats the reasoning in not going digital?

Miss me with that "smell of a new game" or "the way it looks on my shelf" nonsense.

That $11 "PLUS OMGZ, 25% EXTRA TRADE IN CREDITZ" from BlockBuster Gamestop really mean that much to some of yall?

You'll still need the disk to play the game right? 500GB will fill up quick for digital.

Plus I trade in games to Amazon, I don't do business with Gamestop.

I have over 130 PS3 games on bluray. 11 × 130 = 1430 hence salvage value. I know I won't get $11 on all my games if I decided to sell them but you can get an idea why I would prefer to get something from them rather than nothing.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

What happens if a company loses a license for a game? ? not gonna be available anymore.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    whatever costs less. if the game is 20 dollars digital but 10 on amazon, the decision isnt difficult.

but realistically, with ps+, I'm more likely to get a digital game for cheaper anyway.
  • John_Blazini
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The chances of that happening to any are relevant games are slim but man what if that happened to Steam lol
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Discs cause you can trade or get your money back if the game sucks
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going digi.
  • focus
    edited October 2013
    Options

You'll still need the disk to play the game right?

What disk? It would be digital.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    Discs cause you can trade or get your money back if the game sucks

Pretty much this.

• John_Blazini
    Options
    @focus yo is BF4 coming to xbox market place ? i'm new to buying games lol