Options
    Thinking everything is entitled to you
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I never said it didn't..there was a lot of truth to this thread but I also agree with Young's post.

of course u do... it fits into the false reality that u have created in your bleached brain...
    if race can predict socioeconomic variables, how is it not the "real color" issue?

Um no, it fits in with what I've witnessed and experienced as a non-wealthy white.

You're responding as though I'm disagreeing with you when I'm not, I'm just saying please don't act as though white skin automatically ensures you won't get dealt an unfair hand in life.

Being white doesn't guarantee you a fair hand, but it does guarantee you an easier shot at evening the playing field over anyone else born in similar economic circumstances. To deny that would be just being willfully naive
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I never said it didn't..there was a lot of truth to this thread but I also agree with Young's post.

of course u do... it fits into the false reality that u have created in your bleached brain...
    if race can predict socioeconomic variables, how is it not the "real color" issue?

Because it's not as accurate nor clear and precise as some try to make it seem. There is undeniable correlation but there are impoverished groups in eastern Europe and Wealthy brown people in India, Northern Africa and the Middle East which confound it.

When things like "White's don't have to experience (Insert undesirable thing here)" are said it sounds like an absolute is being pushed which just can't be shown to be true statistically.

Also it's only one of the real issues. Power is another equally important one as racial discrimination would not matter nearly as much were it not for the power people have to act on their racial biases
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Um no, it fits in with what I've witnessed and experienced as a non-wealthy white.

You're responding as though I'm disagreeing with you when I'm not, I'm just saying please don't act as though white skin automatically ensures you won't get dealt an unfair hand in life.

Being white doesn't guarantee you a fair hand, but it does guarantee you an easier shot at evening the playing field over anyone else born in similar economic circumstances. To deny that would be just being willfully naive

I'd agree with that.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

merely being white gives u an upper hand... u cannot prove otherwise...
    even being a poor white, u still have white privilege that isn't afforded to poor blacks...
    WHITE PRIVILEGE means that your poor white ass has a higher likelihood of drug use, but a lower likelihood of being searched...
  • Kat
    Options
    Blackrain already made your point and I agreed.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »

Because it's not as accurate nor clear and precise as some try to make it seem. There is undeniable correlation but there are impoverished groups in eastern Europe and Wealthy brown people in India, Northern Africa and the Middle East which confound it.

When things like "White's don't have to experience (Insert undesirable thing here)" are said it sounds like an absolute is being pushed which just can't be shown to be true statistically.

Also it's only one of the real issues. Power is another equally important one as racial discrimination would not matter nearly as much were it not for the power people have to act on their racial biases

1. this thread and these discussions are usually about what happens in the US... we have different history, economic system, political system, etc than other countries. those caparisons are irrelevant.
    2. few things are absolute, even in the hard sciences... i.e. certain medicine doesn't work for everyone in every case...
    3.yeah
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Thread full of feelings.
    I'm not full white and I've never had to deal with that ? .

Why would you tho? You're a girl.

Cause it's a thread about race.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To sum this ? up

Even if you're a ? poor drugged out white piece of trash

you're still better off than a "? " in this country

The class warfare is true, but don't get it twisted, back in the day the elite whites knew they had to give the poor white the illusion of inclusion in order to maintain a stronghold on ? by separating the poor people, black and white. So yeah poor whites were treated better than blacks, free or slave, and that hasn't changed since.

• LUClEN
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »

1. this thread and these discussions are usually about what happens in the US... we have different history, economic system, political system, etc than other countries. those caparisons are irrelevant.
    2. few things are absolute, even in the hard sciences... i.e. certain medicine doesn't work for everyone in every case...
    3.yeah

So then why dog Kat for agreeing with my dispute of the absoluteness of some of the points when we know that they are not as outright as OP claims?

Its cause she's white isn't it?
  • Kat
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    because y'all sought to undermine the thread premise by basically saying "sometimes white ppl have a hard time" as if thats what the issue is about...
  • LUClEN
    Options
    The thread proposes that whites never experience certain things which you agree is not the case. I undermined nothing except the absolute nature proposed, which is supported by the fact that a lot of these things are moreso class based as they can be seen in the impoverished classes of more homogeneous countries.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    where is the finger pointing?
  • LUClEN
    Options
    At Kat: The cause and solution to all of Black America's problems.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu but slavery over ? get over it, you never had to go through anything, we have higher iqs, and you ? eachother more than we do, and you have welfare and bet, why cant we have white colleges, if you can say ? so much why cant we
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk tho...white folk dont talk bout ? much as yall talk about white folk....like

2. Thankfully, you’ll never have to know what it feels like to see your teenage son’s death being mocked.

da ? is this^^^^

costume29n-1-web.jpg
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Real talk tho...white folk dont talk bout ? much as yall talk about white folk....like

2. Thankfully, you’ll never have to know what it feels like to see your teenage son’s death being mocked.

da ? is this^^^^

lol@Kat cosigning this ? ...
    ? I work around 99% whites... my students r 99% white... all they can think about is blacks...
    Criminal Justice is an industry where all they do is discuss blacks... smh
  • Kat
    Options
    Why are you so obsessed with me? So the ? what if I co-signed a post that you don't agree with or don't feel I should have co-signed?

idgaf!

I'm not answering for YOU, or the next person..these are my responses, my thoughts, my opinions...get over it.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

da ? is this^^^^

? I work around 99% whites... my students r 99% white... all they can think about is blacks...

Explain please
  • LUClEN
    Options
    I tried to find Cory Monteith Halloween costumes... can not find them. I'm mad as ? .
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    death to the white man, ? and mutilation for his wet dog bologna meat smellin ? , hot dog water ? eatin muthafucka, snap the neck of the newborn cac ass cac

slaves used to say say you can tell when a white person come around because you can smell chickens in the air

? ya mama

im on my ? today
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

da ? is this^^^^

Explain please

I infer from their behavior that they think about blacks quite often... they take every opportunity to make racial comments (good or bad)...
    they express in numerous ways that they have complex theories about life along racial lines...
    @Kat stop ? crying... if I want to comment on a comment u make, i will...
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are you so obsessed with me? So the ? what if I co-signed a post that you don't agree with or don't feel I should have co-signed?

idgaf!

I'm not answering for YOU, or the next person..these are my responses, my thoughts, my opinions...get over it.

And there it is right on time.......

(I'm just ? with you, don't get all sensy)

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

idgaf!

This post marks the first time ive ever given Kat a feelings, I see why everyone likes it so much.