George Zimmerman juror: Trial ruined my life.. She says she lost friends & a full-time job...

Options

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    I would hate to be a juror in a high profile case like that.

I'm too emotional and they're required to go by the law, which is ? in itself, especially in Florida.

imo that whole trial was up to interpretation... zimmerman didn't even follow directions and he did say " they always get away"

btw we gotta remember trayvon was a super strong super high " super thug" with 8 arms

• OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    tumblr_m855017k1H1qhi3aoo1_500.gif

She's not even white.

Word she black

abc_juror_promo_130725_wg.jpg

Sad-Burger-GIF.gif
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    I think she said she was latina or something.
    Anyway she's the only juror I know of, I guess she was the only one to do interviews........and that's where she ? up at.
    Nobody had to know who she was.

naw there was another juror interviewd on cnn..
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tracing dead but her life is ruined.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    He didn't break the law. Why is no one protesting the laws? Instead they are just harassing citizens that did not write the laws.

is it the law or the application/interpretation of it that is off in this case?

The law states that he must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The absence of evidence meant that the altercation between Zimmerman and Trayvon preceding the shooting was a mystery.

The woman who was speaking with Trayvon on the phone alleged that Trayvon hit Zimmerman first. Zimmerman said that Trayvon hit him first. Two witnesses allege that Zimmerman was getting his ass handed to him.

His self defense argument could not be refuted beyond a reasonable doubt to the jurors. How did you interpret the laws which would result in a different verdict?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm too emotional and they're required to go by the law, which is ? in itself, especially in Florida.

imo that whole trial was up to interpretation... zimmerman didn't even follow directions and he did say " they always get away"

btw we gotta remember trayvon was a super strong super high " super thug" with 8 arms

You don't think the prosecution put the jury in a position where their hands were basically tied?

The only thing she really could have done is held out for a hung jury.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

But it was obvious manslaughter.No proof that George was defending his life.
  • Kat
    Options
    lol@thinking jurors follow the letter of law... this is rich...

When the profile is that high profile? Every move made was scrutinized during the hours and hours of news coverage and commentary.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    I think she said she was latina or something.
    Anyway she's the only juror I know of, I guess she was the only one to do interviews........and that's where she ? up at.
    Nobody had to know who she was.

naw there was another juror interviewd on cnn..
    yeah and she had no light on her she was a smart white woman.

• VulcanRaven
    Options
    Tracing dead but her life is ruined.

Trayvon ? auto correct.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_m855017k1H1qhi3aoo1_500.gif

She's not even white.

Word she black

abc_juror_promo_130725_wg.jpg

She said in a interview she was Puerto Rican.. IMO.. A real black woman/mother would've never sided with team whitey soccer mom.. she would've held strong...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    He didn't break the law. Why is no one protesting the laws? Instead they are just harassing citizens that did not write the laws.

The law states that he must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The absence of evidence meant that the altercation between Zimmerman and Trayvon preceding the shooting was a mystery.

The woman who was speaking with Trayvon on the phone alleged that Trayvon hit Zimmerman first. Zimmerman said that Trayvon hit him first. Two witnesses allege that Zimmerman was getting his ass handed to him.

His self defense argument could not be refuted beyond a reasonable doubt to the jurors. How did you interpret the laws which would result in a different verdict?

ol girl aint say trayvon hit zimmerman 1st.. she said she heard zimmerman talkin 2 trayvon .. the phone dropping and them fighting in wet grass..
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

You don't think the prosecution put the jury in a position where their hands were basically tied?

I think you cannot leave it to women to make logical decisions.Even a jury of all white men would have found him guilty of manslaughter.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

White jurors voted not guilty in the Rodney king trial with a tape of cops beating the ? out of Rodney... prosecution had jurors hands toed then and honkies still gave zero ? about the law or what they saw with their on eyes

Man that was sad..I still recall that verdict lol...smh..
  • Kat
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »

Hung jury would have been better than letting an obviously guilty person walk free and clear. His ass would have been on pins and needles until the next episode.

Retrial, ya bish.

Maybe she should have done that, but none of us know how we'd react in that situation until we've actually experienced it.

It's one thing to be pressured, but it's another to be pressured with the backing of the law.

I'm sure they worked her over, and I don't think she deserves to ostracized any more then what's been done.

Focus on the REAL problem..which was George Zimmerman and wack ass state laws.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ol girl aint say trayvon hit zimmerman 1st.. she said she heard zimmerman talkin 2 trayvon .. the phone dropping and them fighting in wet grass..

"I believe Trayvon hit first"
  • Kat
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

White jurors voted not guilty in the Rodney king trial with a tape of cops beating the ? out of Rodney... prosecution had jurors hands toed then and honkies still gave zero ? about the law or what they saw with their on eyes

Sadly I don't really recall the Rodney King trial. I remember it vaguely and I remember the following riots vaguely but as you might guess it wasn't something my parents were completely forthcoming about in our home.

I didn't learn the full story until later in life.

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? her. Shoulda voted guilty
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No sympathy for her at all. You knew he was guilty, yet u still went against ur conscious. ? made her bed, now she gotta lay in it.