Ancient Egyptian Moon ?

Options

Comments

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    I do my research and have my own path. I don't follow the herd so you can go your way. btw nothing you posted debunked anything I posted.

It did.......

Your theory fails because the ? Iah was rarely in existence during the rise of the Hebrew ? ............

You need more evidence to connect the two............

Other than scripture that has "moon" in the text..........

We don't believe Jew......

You need more Hebrew........

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    I do my research and have my own path. I don't follow the herd so you can go your way. btw nothing you posted debunked anything I posted.

It did.......

Your theory fails because the ? Iah was rarely in existence during the rise of the Hebrew ? ............

You need more evidence to connect the two............

Other than scripture that has "moon" in the text..........

We don't believe Jew......

You need more Hebrew........

I guess you didn't see the first reply in this thread that called it "ether." And I am not here to make you believe. I could care less about you being ignorant and blind.

• bambu
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Getting ethers from ? Ajack17 is no accomplishment, B............

hebrew_ill.JPG

The moon has almost as many names in Hebrew as it has phases........

To begin with, the Hebrew words (hodesh), month, and (hadash), new, are etymologically related for obvious reasons; the moon completes its orbit around the earth in one month, returning to its former "new moon" state. Interestingly – or perhaps obviously – an alternative Hebrew word for month is (yerah), lit., moon.

The moon is commonly referred to as (levanah) in classic and modern Hebrew literature and liturgy: (lavan) is the Hebrew word for white. The prophet Isaiah spoke of the day when (ve-hafra ha-levanah u'vosha ha-hama), "the moon shall be ashamed, and the sun shall be abashed.[1]

Another less-known name is (sahar), related to the Aramaic and Arabic words for moon (sahara and shahr, respectively). A full moon is referred to poetically as (agan-hasahar), the moon-basin,[2] and a moon crescent as (hazi-sahar), lit., half a moon.

The blessing for the sanctification of the moon is known as (kiddush levanah) or (birkat ha-levanah). Letters appearing in large print are referred to in Hebrew as (otiot shel kiddush levanah), letters for sanctifying the (levanah), the new moon; this is because the blessing is recited outdoors by moonlight, necessitating large print on this particular page in the prayerbook.

The most common name, (yareh-ah), is related to the ancient Akkadian, Aramaic and Ugaritic words for "month" – the amount of time it takes for the moon to orbit the earth, or as the ancients viewed it – to return to its previous shape. This usage is found in Exodus: "A certain man of the house of Levi went and married a Levite woman. The woman conceived and bore a son; and when she saw how beautiful he was, she hid him for three months [yerakhim]"[3]. Similarly, in the book of Kings it is written: "Shallum son of Jabesh became king in the thirty-ninth year of King Uzziah of Judah, and he reigned in Samaria one month [yerakh].[4]

There is clearly a relationship between the ancient word for month, and the ancient Semites' male moon-deity – known as Sin among the eastern Semites, but as Erah or Yerah in the western regions of Mesopotamia.

Several modern Hebrew words are based on the wod (yare'ah), moon. A small moon, that orbits the planets, is known as (yerei'hon), on being a Hebrew suffix that creates the diminutive form. A magazine or journal which is published monthly is know as a (yarhon).

footnotes
    [1] Isaiah 24:23 [back]
    [2] Song of Songs 7:4 ("your navel is like the moon basin") [back]
    [3] Exodus 2:1-2 (va-tizpenehu shlosha yerahim), she hid him for three months. [back]
    [4] II Kings 15:13 [back]
  • beenwize
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lol nice copy paste FAIL. I see you are busy googling away looking for anything to save your ass. You still end up helping to support my thread.

http://jhom.com/topics/moon/hebrew.html
  • bambu
    Options
  • beenwize
    Options
    http://robertmascharan.blogspot.com/2013/04/egyptian-moon-g-d-yah-investigating.html

Hebrew Name of G-d is Yah and it was known to be the name of G-d since Moses’s mythical exodus from Egypt and by the way what was the name of Egyptian Moon ? ? He was called Yah, coincidence?

Yah equals to Iah or Ieue as it is said in Hebrew. One Egyptian papyrus says:

“ I am Moon ? Yah among the Gods, I do not fail ”.Interestingly when christians praise their G-d they use the word “Helelu-Yah ”, which means “O Yah the Shining One” . The word “Helel” means “Shining One”. But the similarlties does not end here .

The Hebrew word for Moon itself is “Yah-re-ach” meaning “ Crescent Moon”. (H3394) And ‘Yareach’ is Hebrew name for none other than the Canaanite deity Yarikh !

This Egyptian deity called ‘Yah’ was once personified through the crescent moon, worshiped in humanoid form.

The word Jerico or Yah-richo in Hebrew means Moon City. So they prayed to Moon ? ,other wise it makes no sense to name a city base on pagan deities.

Strong Lexicon gives a very interesting meaning for Yareach(H3394) : Yah (Moon) Re(Sun) Ank(Light).

If Moon ? ‘Iah’ is not the same as Hebrew YAH then try explaining why so many Hebrew names end like:

Ab-iah , Ahaz-iah, Amar-iah, Ana-iah, Azaz-iah, Bena-iah, Bit-iah, El-iah, Hilk-iah, Hezek-iah, Isa-iah , Jecon-iah, Jerem-iah, Jos-iah etc.

World renowned Egyptologist, E.A. Wallis Budge, defined the Egyptian glyph "Aah" (Yah) as a moon deity in his Egyptian hieroglyphic dictionary and equated it directly to the Hebraic word Yareach ירח
  • bambu
    Options
    Lol nice copy paste FAIL. I see you are busy googling away looking for anything to save your ass. You still end up helping to support my thread.

Really.......
    There is clearly a relationship between the ancient word for month, and the ancient Semites' male moon-deity – known as Sin among the eastern Semites, but as Erah or Yerah in the western regions of Mesopotamia.

Not the Egyptian ? Iah............

I'm demolishing your theory fella........

Not supporting it......

• beenwize
    Options
    The oldest Egyptian deity Osiris (Asar) is personified with the moon as ‘Asar-Aah’ who the Semitic Hyksos revered as YHWH after their expulsion (biblical Exodus) from Egypt by the Nubian 18th dynasty after ruling it for over 100 years.
  • beenwize
    Options
    Among ancient references, we do seem to find in the Papyrus of Ani several references to the ? , though here, his name has been translated as:

In Chapter 2:

"A spell to come forth by day and live after dying. Words spoken by the Osiris Ani:
    O One, bright as the moon-? Iah; O One, shining as Iah…

Even in the Theban royal families the name of the ? Yah was incorporated into their names. The daughter of the 17th Dynasty king, Tao I, was Yah-hotep, meaning "Yah is content".

In the tomb of Tuthmosis III of the 18th Dynasty there is a scene where the king is accompanied by his mother and three queens, including Sit-Yah, the "daughter of the Moon-? ".

A powerful ? of one region was often taken by another, including the Egyptians, and almost completely redefined. And this is how our own fictitious YHWH was born i.e as an amalgamation of various pagan deities.
  • bambu
    Options
    The oldest Egyptian deity Osiris (Asar) is personified with the moon as ‘Asar-Aah’ who the Semitic Hyksos revered as YHWH after their expulsion (biblical Exodus) from Egypt by the Nubian 18th dynasty after ruling it for over 100 years.

You aint got to lie to kick it......

[img]http://egyptian-gods.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Egyptian-? -Nu.jpg[/img]

Nun (Nu) was one of the oldest Egyptian gods in ancient Egyptian history referred as the “father of the ? ”. The name Nun means “primeval waters” from which the creation was began. Nun has no gender, but has the aspect that can represent as male or female. Nun is the male aspect and Naunet also known as Nunet is the female aspect.

Zjwo4.gif
  • beenwize
    Options

Really.......

Not supporting it......

You have a lot of learning to do.... Lol

Iah: An Egyptian moon ? associated with YHWH. According to the Wikipedia article, Iah: “Iah ( Egyptian: J’h, transliterated as Yah, Jah, Jah(w), Joh or Aah ) is a ? of the moon in ancient Egyptian religion. His name simply means moon.” Yhw seems to be a variation of Jah(w), which would indicate that the Shasu of Yhw were a Semitic people who worshipped the Egyptian moon ? , Iah under the name Yah and Yhw. Iah can be traced to the Old Kingdom where he became associated with Osiris, the Egyptian ? of the underworld. However, since this ? was not popular until the Middle Kingdom when the Hyksos ruled Egypt, it is unclear whether the Iah of the Middle Kingdom was imported into Egypt by the Semitic Hyksos or was adopted into their religion from an Egyptian source. The name Iah and Yhw are spelled differently in hieroglyphics. This difference in spelling is due to the variations in pronunciation. The word ‘Yhw’ then is likely an Egyptian transliteration of the Semitic pronunciation of this word. The name of the Egyptian moon ? , Iah, is pronounced similarly to the ancient Semitic word yah which many scholars have translated as both snake and life. Perhaps, this is how the moon ? became syncretized with the snake gods in the Semitic religions.

YHWH was especially associated with the moon as he appeared to Moses on Har Sinai or Moon mountain (Ex 33:23). The sacred animal of the Semitic moon gods was the snake. YHWH was worshipped in the form of the nehushtan or snake coiled around a pole or tree (2 King 18:4).

Shasu of Yhw: (meaning ‘The Bedouin who worship Yhw’) Egyptian designation for the Midianites/Kenites who mined copper ore in the Negev desert. These copper mines were under Egyptian control from the 14th to the 12th Century BCE. The Midianites and other Bedouin worked the mines for the Egyptians during this time. Shasu of Yhw can be found in the Soleb Temple inscription in Egypt.

Midianites: (Exodus 3:1) The tribe into which Moses married who were also known as Qynites/Kenites (Judges 1:6). They settled in Edom, Moab and the Northwest corner of the Arabian Peninsula. They have been identified through their Qurayyah ware. They were miners mining copper in this area as the Shasu of Yhw. The Midianites were also merchants who controlled the trade routes which ran through Midian or modern day Tabuk Province in northwest Saudi Arabia.

YGhWTh & YAWQ: Another form of the name, Ya,which can be found in the ancient gods of Yemen. Yaghowth (YGhWTh) and Ya’uq (YAWQ) were worshiped respectively in the form of a lion and of a horse. Gods were often worshipped in the forms of the animals sacred to them. According to Ibn Al Kalbi in his Book of Idols, Yaghowth was worshiped by the tribes in Madhij, Yemen and the tribes in Jurash located in the Saudi Arabian Asir province bordering Yemen. Yaghowth is a theophoric name comprised of Ya, the name of the ? , and ‘ghowth’ which means to aid, succor. Yaghowth means ‘the ? Ya helps or aids.’ Ibn Al Kalbi further states that Ya’uq was worshiped by the tribes in Khaywan, which is located about 100 miles north of the capital of Yemen, Sanaa. Ya’uq is a similar theophoric name comprised of the ? Ya and the word ‘uq’ which means to prevent (harm). Ya’uq means Ya prevents (harm). According to J.A. Montgomery in his book, Arabia & the Bible, Ya was also worshiped by the Mineans or Ma’in, who also worshiped the moon ? , Wadd. Wadd is associated with Yah in the old Negev inscriptions, one of which reads: Wadd, flta, ilyt, ily, aby, Yah or Wadd, seducer, buttock, my ? , my father Yah. Both Wadd and YHWH are associated with the ‘buttock’ description. YHWH’s hinder parts (buttocks) were shown to Moses on Mount Sinai according to Exodus 33:23. Wadd’s sacred animal was the snake.

• bambu
    Options
    I think this is pretty interesting......

By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities.

• beenwize
    Options

Really.......

Not supporting it......

I hope you are learning something.

The Hebrew ? & the Phases of the Moon: The Hebrew ? was worshipped under 2 names: El/Elohiym and Ya/Yh/Yhwh. El was also known as Sin, or the crescent moon and Yh, also known as Wadd, was the ? of the full moon. El was known to the Canaanites as Thoru Ilu or Bull El. According to the Canaanite myth, El dwelt on Mount Layl or Night Mountain. El acquired his sacred animal, the bull, because of the resemblance of the bull’s horns to the crescent or sickle shaped moon. This lunar phase begins after the dark phase when the crescent first becomes visible. During this waxing phase, the lunar orb is sometimes lit by a phenomena known as earthshine. During this event, the crescent is brightly illuminated by the sun while the remaining moon face is dimly lit by the earth’s reflective light making it appear that the moon’s face is veiled. To the Semites, it would appear that El was displaying his weapons of power and protection, i.e. his horns, while veiling his face.

The fully waxed moon, or the full moon was associated with fertility and with genitalia. For this reason, Yhwh’s sacred symbol was the snake. The serpent is a universal ? symbol for fertility. This phase of the moon was worshipped under the names Yh and Wadd. In the Negev inscriptions, Wadd is referred to as ‘ilyt’ meaning backside or buttock and in Exodus 33:23, Yhwh displays his ‘achowry’ or backside to Moses. Moses is only allowed to see Yhwh’s backside because the moon’s face is either too dark to be perceived or only dimly lit. The above interpretation explains the necessity for the communication between Moses and Yhwh-Elohiym to take place on Har Sinai or Moon mountain; a mountain sacred to the moon ? . It also explains why Moses was only allowed to see Yhwh-Elohiym’s backside (Ex 33:23) and was forbidden to see his face (Ex 33:20). So, Thoru Ilu or Bull El/El’s face can only be faintly seen when the earth’s reflective light dimly illuminates the surface. Therefore, his sacred face can never be fully viewed. However, the moon’s backside is brightly illuminated during the full moon phase. During this phase of the moon, Yhwh’s procreative powers would illuminate the earth. These procreative powers were greatly enhanced when Yhwh as the full moon (wrapped with light) was seen as riding upon storm clouds which are described as his chariots in Psalm 104:1-3: “Praise the Lord, my soul. Lord my ? , you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty./ The Lord wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters./ He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind. He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants.”

It appears from the above research, that the Hebrews viewed the different phases of the moon as the result of the moon rotating from front to back or head to rear and then back again. In other words, Bull El would be confronting the Hebrews but hiding his face during the dark and the waxing stages. His rear parts would become fully visible during the full moon phase and then gradually disappear as he turned back around during the waning and dark phases of the moon. Also, his role as a fertility ? seems to become enhanced when he rides the storm clouds, scatters his ? (rain) and blesses the barren land and its inhabitants with fecundity, which was symbolized by both the bull and the snake.
  • bambu
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Nice copy & paste FAIL.......

http://arabianprophets.com/?page_id=106

That titangraph makes no mention of the Egyptian ? Iah or its supposed association with the Hebrew ? .....................

Perhaps you should get of the Arabs nuts.............

• bambu
    edited November 2013
    Options
    & that blog you are copying from has no sources..............

• beenwize
    Options

That titangraph make no mention of the Egyptian ? Iah or its supposed association with the Hebrew ? .....................

? we're still waiting for you to prove this all wrong? you still googling al that you can find? Lol
  • beenwize
    Options
    & that blog you are copying from has no sources..............

I would like for the blind to depart from this thread. begone!
  • bambu
    Options

That titangraph make no mention of the Egyptian ? Iah or its supposed association with the Hebrew ? .....................

? we're still waiting for you to prove this all wrong? you still googling al that you can find? Lol

I just did ? ...........

That is a pro Islamic blog...........

No scholarly sources........

Therefore it is incredible.........

solomon_cover.png

Need I say more???????

• beenwize
    Options

I just did ? ...........

That is a pro Islamic blog...........

No scholarly sources........

Therefore it is incredible.........

solomon_cover.png

Need I say more???????

make yourself a separate thread and prove it wrong or shut the hell up. depart your blind ass out this thread,
  • bambu
    edited November 2013
    Options
    LOL.......

I already ? on your "borrowed" Arabic theory............

Your information is bogus & comes from a ? blog with ZERO sources for those claims...........

Carry on with your "Arabian Prophets" thread...........

http://arabianprophets.com/

• beenwize
    Options
    LOL.......

Your information is bogus & comes from a ? blog with ZERO sources for those claims...........

feelings all up in here. Lol this is what happens when you cant prove anything WRONG. begone!
  • bambu
    edited November 2013
    Options
    LOL.......

feelings all up in here. Lol this is what happens when you cant prove anything WRONG. begone!

No......

This is what happens when you copy & paste from a pro-Islamic blog with ZERO scholarly sources.........

Perhaps you should try to redeem yourself by finding sources to back up your ? ........

The "Arabian prophets" have yet to provide any thing to back their horseshit............

• beenwize
    Options
    I think this is pretty interesting how "Iah" is an Ancient Egyptian moon ? . And it's quite funny how the Old Testament celebrates the NEW MOON and some ppl follow the LUNAR Sabbath. Here is also a list of some Old Testament prophets of Yah.

Zacariah
    Micaiah Isaiah
    Zephaniah
    Jeremiah
    Obadiah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iah

Iah ( Egyptian: Jˁḥ, transliterated as Yah, Jah, Jah(w), Joh or Aah [2]) is a ? of the moon in ancient Egyptian religion. His name simply means moon. By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities.

He was sometimes considered an adult form of Khonsu and was increasingly absorbed by him. Iah continued to appear in amulets and occasional other ryepresentations, similar to Khonsu in appearance, with the same lunar symbols on his head and occasionally the same tight garments. He differed in usually wearing a full wig instead of a child's sidelock, and sometimes an Atef crown topped by another symbol.[3] As time went on, Iah also became Iah-Djuhty, meaning "? of the new moon."[4]

Iah was also assimilated with Osiris, ? of the dead, perhaps because, in its monthly cycle, the moon appears to renew itself. Iah also seems to have assumed the lunar aspect of Thoth, ? of knowledge, writing and calculation; the segments of the moon were used as fractional symbols in writing.[5]
    ? debunk it if you can or begone.
  • bambu
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think this is pretty interesting how "Iah" is an Ancient Egyptian moon ? . And it's quite funny how the Old Testament celebrates the NEW MOON and some ppl follow the LUNAR Sabbath. Here is also a list of some Old Testament prophets of Yah.

Zacariah
    Micaiah Isaiah
    Zephaniah
    Jeremiah
    Obadiah

Iah ( Egyptian: Jˁḥ, transliterated as Yah, Jah, Jah(w), Joh or Aah [2]) is a ? of the moon in ancient Egyptian religion. His name simply means moon. By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities.

He was sometimes considered an adult form of Khonsu and was increasingly absorbed by him. Iah continued to appear in amulets and occasional other ryepresentations, similar to Khonsu in appearance, with the same lunar symbols on his head and occasionally the same tight garments. He differed in usually wearing a full wig instead of a child's sidelock, and sometimes an Atef crown topped by another symbol.[3] As time went on, Iah also became Iah-Djuhty, meaning "? of the new moon."[4]

Iah was also assimilated with Osiris, ? of the dead, perhaps because, in its monthly cycle, the moon appears to renew itself. Iah also seems to have assumed the lunar aspect of Thoth, ? of knowledge, writing and calculation; the segments of the moon were used as fractional symbols in writing.[5]

O.K.......
    By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities.

The rise of the Hebrew ? occurred in the New Kingdom......

Thousands of years after Iah was worshiped and completely absorbed by the moon ? Thoth..........

• beenwize
    Options

Zacariah
    Micaiah Isaiah
    Zephaniah
    Jeremiah
    Obadiah

O.K.......

The rise of the Hebrew ? occurred in the New Kingdom......

Lol

No ? ! Anyone with common sense would know that new religions adopt or take from more ancient religions.
This discussion has been closed.