Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    @beenwise. What about the heart (and I'm not talking anatomy)? The heart hears and sees what it wants.

Escape the Matrix or play the game. I'm starting to think you are an agent.

Whether you are awake or asleep, you are still alive. What good is information if it doesn't keep you from...death?[/quo
    te]
    Everyone born on this planet will die one day so your point? At least I can say I didn't stay in a program given to the masses by the powers that be. i actually thought for myself instead of blindly following the heard. Life goes on regardless. I believe in a after life.

Well, you made the "Matrix" reference so I made that response. In the movie, whether they were plugged in or unplugged, they still had to face the prospect of death so like you say...what it your point? It may seem noble to you to feel like you are not "part of the herd", but even lone wolves die. What good is having all of this information you claim to have if you can't take it with you in death?
  • alissowack
    Options
    Wonder why the name Yah is all over the old testament and nowhere in the New Testament? According to the gnostic christians Yahweh was not the Father of Christ. The gnostics were wiped out by the Romans. This is what Christ said to some Yahweh worshippers.

<< < = = > >>

John 8:41-47 King James Version (KJV)

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even ? .

42 Jesus said unto them, If ? were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from ? ; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of ? heareth ? 's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of ? .

...and I wonder why you think there aren't any counter-arguments to this. The same internet that you use as your source to support your claims is the very same place where there are sources that are not supportive. If I was really concerned for the truth, I would want to do more than just find things that support what presuppositions I have already about something. I would want to do more than just go to my "favorite" sites and YouTube videos. I would want to see what other people, who are considered qualified (religious or irreligious), have to say against my claim and allow for a constructive dialogue. But, all I see is a person who is only interested in how religious fanatics react to what you perceive to be the truth.

If what you are saying is so true than why aren't you questioning your Bible? You are a hypocrite.
    I've done my work both sides. have you?

Pay attention to conditional statements. "If" is what I was striving for in making that post. Aren't we all hypocrites? It's not just me.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this like me now.

• beenwize
    edited November 2013
    Options
    @beenwise. What about the heart (and I'm not
  • beenwize
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Wonder why the name Yah is all over the old testament and nowhere in the New Testament? According to the gnostic christians Yahweh was not the Father of Christ. The gnostics were wiped out by the Romans. This is what Christ said to some Yahweh worshippers.

<< < = = > >>

John 8:41-47 King James Version (KJV)

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even ? .

42 Jesus said unto them, If ? were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from ? ; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of ? heareth ? 's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of ? .

...and I wonder why you think there aren't any counter-arguments to this. The same internet that you use as your source to support your claims is the very same place where there are sources that are not supportive. If I was really concerned for the truth, I would want to do more than just find things that support what presuppositions I have already about something. I would want to do more than just go to my "favorite" sites and YouTube videos. I would want to see what other people, who are considered qualified (religious or irreligious), have to say against my claim and allow for a constructive dialogue. But, all I see is a person who is only interested in how religious fanatics react to what you perceive to be the truth.

If what you are saying is so true than why aren't you questioning your Bible? You are a hypocrite.
    I've done my work both sides. have you?

Pay attention to conditional statements. "If" is what I was striving for in making that post. Aren't we all hypocrites? It's not just me.

the gnostics are a ancient sect of Christianity wiped out by the Romans 2,000 years ago and during evens like the Inquisition and the Crusades.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I align more with a gnostic Christian view of this world. the gnostics are a ancient sect of Christianity wiped out by the Romans 2,000 years ago and during evens like the Inquisition and the Crusades. They replaced gnostic Christianity with the Christainity of today.

The Gnostic Christians of the second century believed that only a special revelation of knowledge rather than faith could save a person.

Scripture says (and Scripture cannot be broken/changed) that faith is what saves a person. That "special revelation of knowledge" I believe is a gift from ? once you totally put all trust in Him and His Son. You can't haggle with Him like "well yo i aint fckin wit you til you explain this ? ". I mean, I know in the streets, no one questions the DON.

Corinthians 1 : 8
    9 But you must be careful so that your freedom does not cause others with a weaker conscience to stumble. 10 For if others see you—with your “superior knowledge”—eating in the temple of an idol, won’t they be encouraged to violate their conscience by eating food that has been offered to an idol? 11 So because of your superior knowledge, a weak believer for whom Christ died will be destroyed. 12 And when you sin against other believers by encouraging them to do something they believe is wrong, you are sinning against Christ. 13 So if what I eat causes another believer to sin, I will never eat meat again as long as I live—for I don’t want to cause another believer to stumble.

Only posted that for you becoming you say you believe in Christ (by claiming Christ-ian).

If you want to be more in touch with earlier Christians (which is really good actually) then I suggest you read the Book of Enoch and the 14 books of the Apocrypha that the Roman Catholic Church removed from the Bible after they disposed of the early Christians. Those books come between the Old and New Testaments in the traditional Bible and they reveal the answers to ALOT of questions that you had about the Old Testament.

Which is why they took them out the Bible. Reading about the Book of Enoch, they say early Christians regarded it as canonical. IDK thats up to you but if you look it up online, you'll see alot of the chapters in it are very intriguing. I wouldn't suggest it for everyone but I've been thinking that Enoch and the Apocrypha are what you are seeking (if you are really trying to validate Christianity)
  • beenwize
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »
    I align more with a gnostic Christian view of this world. the gnostics are a ancient sect of Christianity wiped out by the Romans 2,000 years ago and during evens like the Inquisition and the Crusades. They replaced gnostic Christianity with the Christainity of today.

The Gnostic Christians of the second century believed that only a special revelation of knowledge rather than faith could save a person.

Scripture says (and Scripture cannot be broken/changed) that faith is what saves a person. That "special revelation of knowledge" I believe is a gift from ? once you totally put all trust in Him and His Son. You can't haggle with Him like "well yo i aint fckin wit you til you explain this ? ". I mean, I know in the streets, no one questions the DON.

9 But you must be careful so that your freedom does not cause others with a weaker conscience to stumble. 10 For if others see you—with your “superior knowledge”—eating in the temple of an idol, won’t they be encouraged to violate their conscience by eating food that has been offered to an idol? 11 So because of your superior knowledge, a weak believer for whom Christ died will be destroyed. 12 And when you sin against other believers by encouraging them to do something they believe is wrong, you are sinning against Christ. 13 So if what I eat causes another believer to sin, I will never eat meat again as long as I live—for I don’t want to cause another believer to stumble.

Only posted that for you becoming you say you believe in Christ (by claiming Christ-ian).

If you want to be more in touch with earlier Christians (which is really good actually) then I suggest you read the Book of Enoch and the 14 books of the Apocrypha that the Roman Catholic Church removed from the Bible after they disposed of the early Christians. Those books come between the Old and New Testaments in the traditional Bible and they reveal the answers to ALOT of questions that you had about the Old Testament.

Which is why they took them out the Bible. Reading about the Book of Enoch, they say early Christians regarded it as canonical. IDK thats up to you but if you look it up online, you'll see alot of the chapters in it are very intriguing. I wouldn't suggest it for everyone but I've been thinking that Enoch and the Apocrypha are what you are seeking (if you are really trying to validate Christianity)

that was actually the incorrect copy/paste.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    the ancient Egyptians made the mistake of thinking they can elevate themselves through all their death rituals and ? . So unless you think a pharaoh was successful and he is now ? , right beside ? , or greater than ? , then you gotta accept they were wrong. ? , he definitely didn't keep Egypt from being destroyed and havin their land over run with Eurasians n crackers
  • beenwize
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the ancient Egyptians made the mistake of thinking they can elevate themselves through all their death rituals and ? . So unless you think a pharaoh was successful and he is now ? , right beside ? , or greater than ? , then you gotta accept they were wrong. ? , he definitely didn't keep Egypt from being destroyed and havin their land over run with Eurasians n crackers

I don't believe in that.
  • Black Boy King
    edited November 2013
    Options

that was actually the incorrect copy/paste.

thank you for calling that man, I didn't pay attention to the translation I was using there. Though that sums that chapter up in shorter clearer verses

here you go though. I'll have to pretty much copy/paste the whole chapter though from the KJV for the message to be clear

Corinthians 1:8
    1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love ? , the same is known of him.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other ? but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one ? , the Father
    , of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to ? : for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;

11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

I hope you can at least understand when they are talking about "eating meat" and "food" they aren't talking about chicken wings and pork chops.

You're free to read into all the knowledge the world provides but understand it can't save you. For if it would, then what would become of the person that didn't have the luxury to learn all this advance stuff? Bibles are all across the world for free, but this ancient egyptian stuff ain't something just anyone can come across and get.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    I'm glad that you regard the other translations as "wrong" now though... While some offer the same message in some passages, they still pervert alot of important ? . E.g. using the word 'sexual immorality' which is ambigious as ?

dont miss wat I said about the Apocrypha though fam. You'll find alot of answers if you care to read. It'd be wrong to dismiss the Bible (while claiming that you're trying to understand) without reading it in its entirety
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @bambu talking ? about an imaginary ? .
  • beenwize
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    I think this is pretty interesting how "Iah" is an Ancient Egyptian moon ? . And it's quite funny how the Old Testament celebrates the NEW MOON and some ppl follow the LUNAR Sabbath. Here is also a list of some Old Testament prophets of Yah.

Zacariah
    Micaiah Isaiah
    Zephaniah
    Jeremiah
    Obadiah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iah

Iah ( Egyptian: Jˁḥ, transliterated as Yah, Jah, Jah(w), Joh or Aah [2]) is a ? of the moon in ancient Egyptian religion. His name simply means moon. By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities.

He was sometimes considered an adult form of Khonsu and was increasingly absorbed by him. Iah continued to appear in amulets and occasional other ryepresentations, similar to Khonsu in appearance, with the same lunar symbols on his head and occasionally the same tight garments. He differed in usually wearing a full wig instead of a child's sidelock, and sometimes an Atef crown topped by another symbol.[3] As time went on, Iah also became Iah-Djuhty, meaning "? of the new moon."[4]

Iah was also assimilated with Osiris, ? of the dead, perhaps because, in its monthly cycle, the moon appears to renew itself. Iah also seems to have assumed the lunar aspect of Thoth, ? of knowledge, writing and calculation; the segments of the moon were used as fractional symbols in writing.[5]
    ? debunk it if you can or begone.

O.K.......
    By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities.

The rise of the Hebrew ? occurred in the New Kingdom......

Thousands of years after Iah was worshiped and completely absorbed by the moon ? Thoth..........

? is a Muhammad worshipper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgxB-dEW9PA&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • alissowack
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think this is pretty interesting how "Iah" is an Ancient Egyptian moon ? . And it's quite funny how the Old Testament celebrates the NEW MOON and some ppl follow the LUNAR Sabbath. Here is also a list of some Old Testament prophets of Yah.

Zacariah
    Micaiah Isaiah
    Zephaniah
    Jeremiah
    Obadiah

Iah ( Egyptian: Jˁḥ, transliterated as Yah, Jah, Jah(w), Joh or Aah [2]) is a ? of the moon in ancient Egyptian religion. His name simply means moon. By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities.

He was sometimes considered an adult form of Khonsu and was increasingly absorbed by him. Iah continued to appear in amulets and occasional other representations, similar to Khonsu in appearance, with the same lunar symbols on his head and occasionally the same tight garments. He differed in usually wearing a full wig instead of a child's sidelock, and sometimes an Atef crown topped by another symbol.[3] As time went on, Iah also became Iah-Djuhty, meaning "? of the new moon."[4]

Iah was also assimilated with Osiris, ? of the dead, perhaps because, in its monthly cycle, the moon appears to renew itself. Iah also seems to have assumed the lunar aspect of Thoth, ? of knowledge, writing and calculation; the segments of the moon were used as fractional symbols in writing.[5]

I decided to look at this and...despite the convenient comparisons of names, I found that Egypt may not be where this moon ? originated. It is said that this deity been brought in by foreigners from places like Palestine, Syria, and Babylon and was associated the Yah with Akkadian ? , Sin. My source is a site called touregypt.net. It is also said that very little is known about the deity in respect to temples and another archeological findings, but the name rulers of Egypt derived the title in their names. There was a 17th Century king named Tao I who names his daughter Yah-hotep. It may mean nothing and you may have other sources to counter this, but I present this to say that if you are really after the truth, you would want to know more than just whether or not who copied who.

Edit: I should have looked at @bambu posts before I did this...I suck!!!
  • beenwize
    Options

Zacariah
    Micaiah Isaiah
    Zephaniah
    Jeremiah
    Obadiah

He was sometimes considered an adult form of Khonsu and was increasingly absorbed by him. Iah continued to appear in amulets and occasional other representations, similar to Khonsu in appearance, with the same lunar symbols on his head and occasionally the same tight garments. He differed in usually wearing a full wig instead of a child's sidelock, and sometimes an Atef crown topped by another symbol.[3] As time went on, Iah also became Iah-Djuhty, meaning "? of the new moon."[4]

I decided to look at this and...despite the convenient comparisons of names, I found that Egypt may not be where this moon ? originated. It is said that this deity been brought in by foreigners from places like Palestine, Syria, and Babylon and was associated the Yah with Akkadian ? , Sin. My source is a site called touregypt.net. It is also said that very little is known about the deity in respect to temples and another archeological findings, but the name rulers of Egypt derived the title in their names. There was a 17th Century king named Tao I who names his daughter Yah-hotep. It may mean nothing and you may have other sources to counter this, but I present this to say that if you are really after the truth, you would want to know more than just whether or not who copied who.

If you are really looking for the truth you would look at the facts and leave your feeling s out of this. i will leave it at that.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Yahweh, Jehovah, and what else he is called, he is a moon ? , volcano ? , weather ? , and all in all sounds like imagination that totally went wild.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

Zacariah
    Micaiah Isaiah
    Zephaniah
    Jeremiah
    Obadiah

He was sometimes considered an adult form of Khonsu and was increasingly absorbed by him. Iah continued to appear in amulets and occasional other ryepresentations, similar to Khonsu in appearance, with the same lunar symbols on his head and occasionally the same tight garments. He differed in usually wearing a full wig instead of a child's sidelock, and sometimes an Atef crown topped by another symbol.[3] As time went on, Iah also became Iah-Djuhty, meaning "? of the new moon."[4]

? debunk it if you can or begone.

O.K.......
    By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities.

The rise of the Hebrew ? occurred in the New Kingdom......

Thousands of years after Iah was worshiped and completely absorbed by the moon ? Thoth..........

? is a Muhammad worshipper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgxB-dEW9PA&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player

Says the ? plagiarizing from "Arabian prophets.com"

• alissowack
    edited November 2013
    Options

Zacariah
    Micaiah Isaiah
    Zephaniah
    Jeremiah
    Obadiah

If you are really looking for the truth you would look at the facts and leave your feeling s out of this. i will leave it at that.

Ouch.... How was what I posted based on feeling? I didn't even say that this was of any defense for what I believe. So a tourist website can't be informative on the facts? The source is about as non-biased as it gets.
  • beenwize
    Options
    I'm glad that you regard the
    other translations as "wrong" now though... While some offer the same message in some passages, they still pervert alot of important ? . E.g. using the word 'sexual immorality' which is ambigious as ?

dont miss wat I said about the Apocrypha though fam. You'll find alot of answers if you care to read. It'd be wrong to dismiss the Bible (while claiming that you're trying to understand) without reading it in its entirety

I would like for you to touch on the topic if you can and why celebrating a new moon is so prevelent throughout the Old Testament.
  • beenwize
    Options

I dont think you can say the Ancient Egyptisns made that mistake because neither of us was there to witness what they were attempting to achieve. Ypu are basing your opinion on information by a 3rd party thousands of years later. Also how do you figure they were trying to become the Creator? There is a big difference between ? and Creator. None of us can build a pyramid so I figure there knowledge is far advanced than you and I
  • beenwize
    Options
    Build many pyramids with some stones weighing more than 200 ton and where are the tools @ or do you believe slaves carried stone on there backs. lol
  • beenwize
    Options
    sorry for the typos. I usually type on my phone and it ? a lot of ? up.
  • beenwize
    Options

There is a difference between ? and Creator, but your own Bible acknowledges that there were "gods" in Egypt. Your Old Testament ? is "jealous" of other gods. If he is jealous then wouldn't other gods exist?

Exodus 12:12
    For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.
  • beenwize
    Options
    I didn't see the Ancient Egyptians going into other lands killing entire nations. For the most part they lived in peace. When Yahweh came on the scene he used one ppl to ? another ppl then he used another ppl to enslave another ppl. Wtf then you wonder why it is so much violence in the world if these are the stories we read in the Bible.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is a difference between ? and Creator, but your own Bible acknowledges that there were "gods" in Egypt. Your Old Testament ? is "jealous" of other gods. If he is jealous then wouldn't other gods exist?

Exodus 12:12
    For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

What ignorance. the ? of the bible recognizes all other "gods" as being false but their still gods because people gave them worship but they were not really gods as in intelligent creators of reality.
This discussion has been closed.