Mister Terrific VS Gambit??

Options
2»

Comments

• Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    No way is gambit catching a t-sphere moving at 14 miles a second. And gambit isn't just gonna up and transform into new son like a super sayjin so we can leave that mess out. No way is a man that, with enough prep time, can take down superman losing to gambit because of superhuman agility, reflexes and possibly death gas
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman and Gambit have never fought. the only fight that happened in a crossover was gambit and Nightwing and the whole fight Nightwing was just on the defensive evading Gambit's cards until batman stepped in and basically tried to keep him from disappearing like the other Robin(Tim Drake I believe) did. Batman and Gambit have never fought.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Gambit got beat by Cap in the AvX book but the X-men as a whole jobbed to the Avengers. Gambit blew up Cap's whole armor and this ? somehow came out damn-near unscathed and cool enough to get a KO shot on Gambit.

Gambit has never been skulldragged by anyone, nor has he ever fought Batman, and there was no winner when he went up against Nightwing, in a crossover nonetheless. Now to get back to this topic
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    True, Gambit can do that but mister terrific is a genius plus he's one of the best hand to hand combatants in the dc universe, up there with batman, bronze tiger and deathstroke. He can also cloak himself, create holographic images and shoot beams of light. The t sphere travels at 14 miles per second and he's the third smartest man alive.

Who told you that ? ? T-spheres are out because Gambit would blow them ? up. Superhuman agility so Holt ain't touching him. A more accomplished hand to hand fighter and bo staff user willing to use street tactics, and he would just charge the floor or Holt's jacket and it's a wrap. (plus idk if he can charge organic material now or not. goes back and forth because marvel are ? ) This just goes to show how nerfed Marvel has made Gambit where people sit here and honestly think Holt would beat him because he smart, like Gambit is stupid or some ? . And don't let that ? go Death because he turning the air into poisonous gas. Oh and let's not forget Faiza healing him back to his original power level before he went back in time to get Sinister to take that piece out of his brain in the last issue of Gambit vol 5. New Sun killed Dark Phoenix (and I think) Galactus, Surfer for dolo, and scorched the whole world BY ACCIDENT.

I'm sorry, but Mr. Terrific is not ? with Gambit. I'm sorry

If we're talking New sun and death gambit, yes but we're talking original Gambit who lost to Batman in a crossover. It's not about what Gambit can do with the T-spheres if he gets a hold of one, it's about what Mister Terrific can do with the T-spheres including invisibility, holographs, lasers and bombs as well as a master martial artist with a genius intellect. He carries at least 3 but has shown he can carry 10 or more for multiple reasons. We're talking about a genius that can play tricks on Gambit and stealth attack him with bombs. Realistically, Mister Terrific can beat Batman in my opinion.

Gambit don't need to touch an object to charge it. He's actually charged something just by looking at it before. Nick Fury has said that Gambit is one of the best combatants he's ever seen. Like I said them T-spheres are gone from the jump. Going invisible won't mean a thing because you still leave a footprint or atleast an energy trace in which Gambit should be able to pick up on if he charges the floor.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Triple B's wrote: »
    No way is gambit catching a t-sphere moving at 14 miles a second. And gambit isn't just gonna up and transform into new son like a super sayjin so we can leave that mess out. No way is a man that, with enough prep time, can take down superman losing to gambit because of superhuman agility, reflexes and possibly death gas

Has Holt ever had the spheres go 14 miles a second or was that just some threat to a ghost dude? and no Gambit won't just turn New Sun because he already has the potential and power to do it if he so chooses to. Let's get into some Gambit history for you ? .

When Gambit was young his powers start going out of control so he went to Sinister to depower him so he can have better control by taking out a piece of his brain
    kccoz8.jpg

This is the power level Gambit came in at and what he was. During some point around like the mid-90's, he had to go back in time to get Sinister to put that piece back in so he could fight New Sun because New Sun was basically his universe's Gambit that DIDN'T go to Sinister to get depowered.
    Gambit14Suturescars2.jpg

So pretty much gambit has been depowered this whole time. That was until the last issue of his latest solo where Faiza healed him to his original overall state
    2qvqcec.jpg
    1y4r4n.jpg

So now gambit actually DOES have the power and ability to do New Sun feats...if he ever decides to take his power to the utmost max.

Now let's talk about Death Gambit. No he can't turn into him like a super saiyan, but if he loses control over himself, or gets into a good fight, Deathbit will most likely make an appearance because Deathbit has only been repressed. Unlike most of the cats that became Death and had it disappear, it's still in Gambit.

Superhuman agility, enhanced speed, not quiksilver or Flash type speed, but faster than a regular human, death gas as in the air in the room become poisonous...and you die...from breathing it in...because I doubt he has an oxygen tank on deck, t-spheres being melted or blown up from the jump, holt won't be able to hit him, too much power, too much cunning, just too much for Holt. And if we giving prep-time, I'm pretty sure gambit would be able to come up with some ideas too. Y'all forget Apocalypse said with his power and lineage he shoulda BEEN leading the X-men by now.

Nah, y'all not listening though
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    If the ? got KOed by cap, I doubt he's winning to the genius mind of mister terrific.

No doubt gambit is powerful but he will never reach that level in a plain mid tier fight. Marvel will not bring him to his full potential in those battles and if that's the case, I might as well pit him against silver surfer or sentry.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gambit
    Mr. Terrific is getting overrated right now...I don't see him ? with Remy
  • Triple B's
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    Gambit was knocked out by Captain America...... Soooooo.... All this "he could, he should" bs can stop. Gambit in his CURRENT incarnation can't beat Mr. Terrific
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    Yall making gambit seem like ? , gtfohwtbs.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    Gambit da gawd
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gambit was knocked out by Captain America...... Soooooo.... All this "he could, he should" bs can stop. Gambit in his CURRENT incarnation can't beat Mr. Terrific
    Captain America is also superhuman and would demolish Mr. Terrific. Gambit losing to Cap has no bearing on a fight with Mr. Terrific

• jaxn
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yall making gambit seem like ? , gtfohwtbs.

nah not really, he's just a notch above Mr. T physically and he's also more formidable. Now if we're talking about building inventions or something then obviously that plays into Terrific's favor
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    jaxn wrote: »
    Captain America is also superhuman and would demolish Mr. Terrific. Gambit losing to Cap has no bearing on a fight with Mr. Terrific

Cap and terrific would be a good match though. I don't see cap demolishing him though.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

In one of the dumbest events in comic book history. The same event that had Thing beat Namor...underwater, Colossus beat Spider-Man, Magik beat Black Widow, Emma Frost damn-near murk Thor, Hawkeye beat Angel Hope beat Wanda, all while in the middle of Marvel promoting The Avengers movie. And all of this IS in gambit's CURRENT incarnation.

the death persona is still within Gambit
    122g7cw.jpg2sb0u21.jpg
    And in his current incarnation Gambit DOES have a power upgrade

1y4r4n.jpg1383586788.jpg
    As you can see the explosion is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy bigger than anything he's been doing for damn-near a decade now and he just vaporized a dude with a bullet. And the funny thing is you can say the same thing for Terrific. COULD he hit gambit? SHOULD he go invisible. It's the same thing, y'all not looking at the facts
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    And did y'all even read that fight between Gambit and Captain America? That ? was ? lol
  • ShencotheMC
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lol@ Cap and Terrific being a good fight, but Terrific and Gambit somehow being a landslide. FOH. Take that shield away and Captain America is pretty much Gambit, but stronger.
  • Triple B's
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    Evidence presented is significant. Will..... Rethink this battle
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    Aight, I'll give this over to Gambit but in this case, I put Remy above all the X-Men even Phoenix and Magneto. I guess Remy VS Bobby would have been a better battle. Remy can cause ? to implode by looking and Bobby can cause ? internal body to freeze up.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Gambit's classified as an Alpha mutant, but he been had Omega mutant(no not this modern-day omega classification that any body with a little telepathic ability is able to reach. I'm talking bout' that OG 90's omega classification that was reserved for only the Phoenix, Nate Grey, etc.) potential
  • jaxn
    Options
    I don't recall Gambit being classified as an omega
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Gambit

In one of the dumbest events in comic book history. The same event that had Thing beat Namor...underwater, Colossus beat Spider-Man, Magik beat Black Widow, Emma Frost damn-near murk Thor, Hawkeye beat Angel Hope beat Wanda, all while in the middle of Marvel promoting The Avengers movie. And all of this IS in gambit's CURRENT incarnation.

the death persona is still within Gambit
    122g7cw.jpg2sb0u21.jpg
    And in his current incarnation Gambit DOES have a power upgrade

1y4r4n.jpg1383586788.jpg
    As you can see the explosion is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy bigger than anything he's been doing for damn-near a decade now and he just vaporized a dude with a bullet. And the funny thing is you can say the same thing for Terrific. COULD he hit gambit? SHOULD he go invisible. It's the same thing, y'all not looking at the facts

Hope would be Wanda, hope is a monster...no one told Namor to get in a slugfest with Thing...Emma Frost was amped (pheonix force) when she beat Thor...and as long as we're not talking Archangel, Hawkeye could win
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Gambit
    All that being said, ? Mr Terrific...he can not beat Gambit...nothing about him is superior to Gambit sans intelligence...which won't help him when Gambit blows some ? up in the middle of his thinking it through
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    and this is why DC vs Marvel argument ? never ends well........................
  • Sour-Cream
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Mister Terrific
    I've seen so many dumb battles where the obvious weaker man should have gotten his ass whooped but won. A majority of it is favoritism. Cap should have been murdered in .2 seconds by a lot of people. Fan favorites usually win though.