What's going on in Miami dolphins locker room?

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Still feel like there's pieces missing t9 this story. More ? will be dug up. Martin prolly really has mental issues
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Martin prolly ? incognito prolly blackmailed him
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the voice mail is ? up. but still kinda funny imo.

I think the "Im gonna ? you." was taken outta context. I think he meant he'll ? him in the weight room. but, ppl only do what you let them do.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A bunch a ? in Miami lol
  • Huey_C
    Options
    There has got to be more to the story, grown men just don't get bullied wtf
  • marc123
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    There has got to be more to the story, grown men just don't get bullied wtf

c/s

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word is he made dude pay 15k for the whole team to go on vacation

I can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for a nikka that would come up off 15k for somebody that ain't threatening to ? him or someone he loves.

Sorry. *shrug*

And what exactly would you have done being in Martins situation?
  • marc123
    edited November 2013
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Word is he made dude pay 15k for the whole team to go on vacation

I can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for a nikka that would come up off 15k for somebody that ain't threatening to ? him or someone he loves.

Sorry. *shrug*

And what exactly would you have done being in Martins situation?

thats the thing. we really dont kno Martin's "situation". cuz we dont kno the entire story. Im sure Martin was NOT the only rookie OLineman on the team last year. didnt the other ones get "bullied"? how come we dont hear about them?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/98478/scott-slams-incognito-give-him-the-boot
    Scott slams Incognito: Give him the boot!

Bart Scott wants to see Richie Incognito get the boot out the door.

"I want to see [NFL commissioner] Roger Goodell step up and talking about player conduct and protecting the shield -- this guy needs to be out of this league," Scott said on the Stephen A. Smith & Ryan Ruocco show on ESPN 98.7 FM. "He needs to be gone. No one would miss him, anyway. Trust me."

The former Jets and Ravens linebacker lit into the Dolphins guard Monday for his alleged bullying of teammate Jonathan Martin. Incognito is currently indefinitely suspended by the Dolphins, while Martin is not with the team.

"It doesn't surprise me one bit. He's a fake tough guy. He's a guy that suffers from mood swings, if you know what I mean. That's something we've always known," said Scott, who competed against Incognito during his career. "One of the dirtiest players, if not the dirtiest player I've ever played against."

Scott, who once threw a punch at Incognito following a game and called him a coward, acknowledged there's rookie hazing and different ways players tease one another but couldn't believe the lengths Incognito went to in his alleged bullying.

"Take it to a point where you're harassing him by phone?" Scott said. "You got to be some type of loser in your spare time away from the building you want to call me and leave threatening messages and text messages on my phone. That's taking bullying to a whole other level."

The former linebacker said some people may look at Martin and wonder how he could be bullied at 6-foot-5, 312 pounds, but this shows anyone can be a victim. Fortunately, Scott continued, the situation didn't escalate.

"They better be lucky that this kid didn't reach one of the points that some of these other people get bullied and bring a gun to work and we have some type of tragic incident on our hands because he can't just take enough," Scott said. "Thank ? that he just walked away."

Scott was highly critical of the Dolphins' front office and their locker room for not preventing it.

He said he was disturbed the veterans on the team, including center Mike Pouncey, didn't step up and put a stop to it. Scott added that the rest of the offensive line is just as guilty as Incognito if they let it go on, as is coach Joe Philbin if he knew about it. Scott had a hard time believing the team wasn't aware.

"There's no way somebody can be that uncomfortable and that bullied that you don't know when you spend that much time with him and there's that many eyes around him at the same time," he said.

While Scott was certainly disgusted with Incognito, he was previously involved in an act that some would consider bullying during Jets training camp in 2010. Scott was one of the ringleaders in strapping cornerback Brian Jackson to the goal post before showering him with Gatorade and Icy Hot. The moment was shown on HBO's "Hard Knocks" television show.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's odd hearing some retired players talk about this, when they let Bill Romanowski slide back in the 90s.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While rookie hazing in pro sports is nothing new. This is just taking it too far. With this stuff going on, i wondered when Riley Racist would turn up in Florida.

No seriously....

First Pouncy and now this. Dolphins is a mess as far as team management go. Somebody inside that franchise is holding something back.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dolphins stay losin
  • Huey_C
    Options
    Haha, glad to see a divisional team collapsing
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd get rid of both of them. Incognito is a demonstrated ? going back to Nebraska. Martin apparently is some type of weirdo with emotional issues and may be a closeted homosexual. The Dolphins o-line has been garbage anyway this year so it's not like they'd be missing a whole lot on the field.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Can't co-sign a grown man getting "bullied" but I see why Martin didn't really wanna cause trouble.

He a second year player struggling to keep his spot (Was starting left tackle but was moved to right tackle) catching hell from a pro bowler thinking if I cause a stir I'll be out of a job and my NFL dream gone.

Should've caught him chillin at his locker or in the training room and a helmet to the jaw would've solved all this.

Whoop ass first, answer questions later, and have the evidence to backup and justify your actions.

i had to tell someone this yesterday because all they could see is "Martin is a punk". I see it like this. Either Martin did what you said and he was more scared of losing his dream job by speaking up because we all know how easily it is to blackball a player as a locker room cancer simply because a star player or 2 doesn't like them. Or maybe Martin is one of those people who really knows their own temper and knew if he put his hands on Incognito it would have escalated past just a simple "I'm punching him so he shuts the ? up" type ? to something even worse that all of a sudden puts him as being in the wrong
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd get rid of both of them. Incognito is a demonstrated ? going back to Nebraska. Martin apparently is some type of weirdo with emotional issues and may be a closeted homosexual. The Dolphins o-line has been garbage anyway this year so it's not like they'd be missing a whole lot on the field.

Really?
  • marc123
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Martin apparently is some type of weirdo with emotional issues and may be a closeted homosexual.

tumblr_m8g3nbptdd1rut2wm.gif
  • Hip2DaHop93
    Hip2DaHop93 Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I still think this is a bit overblown...its on CNN. Dolphins win the next two games and this will be forgotten.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I still think this is a bit overblown...its on CNN. Dolphins win the next two games and this will be forgotten.

Nah, CNN and mainstream outlets don't give a ? about wins and losses. That ain't "First Take" it's the real news, bruh.

That's like saying people would stop talking about Vick's dogfighting if he scored a couple more touchdowns.
  • Hip2DaHop93
    Hip2DaHop93 Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe I'm missing something. Can someone point out what's the big deal?