sex - the creator

Options
No_Way_Jose
No_Way_Jose Members Posts: 71
? .

How do you define it and can a civilization or culture exist without a sexually defined perimeter?

Of course human beings can exist without defining a perimeter for our respective anatomies, but can a culture get by without these fundamentals?

Why is there a need for a sex offender registry?

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We of course need perimeters on acceptable sexual behavior throughout society. We don't want grown men and women sexually assaulting and preying upon babies or animals for example....

As far as sex offender registries, we definitely need some of that, but not for people who had sex voluntarily with a person who consented. I think it's going too far and we shouldn't ruin someone's life because he or she maybe didn't know how old the person was when they had sex with him or her
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need sexual perimeters that are defined by science and facts. Like that old saying "if she old enough to bleed she old enough to breed". Hate it or love it her body is then ready. Like someone else said consent is also big, if she is already having her cycle and she consents and is willing to testify to such, I really don't get it. I was less than 9 years old the first time a girl pinched me on the butt and tried to initiate something.

Next, I probably would still not be running around as a grown man banging 12 year old girls even if they were already having there cycles or technically ready because I just can't get past the age. Lastly, I am sure someone would tell us that they are not ready when they start having cycles.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    Like that old saying "if she old enough to bleed she old enough to breed". Hate it or love it her body is then ready. Like someone else said consent is also big, if she is already having her cycle and she consents and is willing to testify to such, I really don't get it.
    jesus ? christ, are we hitting some lows today

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Disclaimer: My personal opinion on ? does not matter.

I think another issue that no-one has touched on in this thread so far is the ? stuff. Take away all of the religious stuff and the obvious answer to why a man and a woman are more of a fit is because of reproduction. Should this be the only type of sex though and who is to decide? I have seen enough to call ? when most people try to act like they have strong morals and values. Furthermore, the whole ? male sex causes or puts people at higher risk for ? tale is something I don't buy. People were having ? male sex before ? . So, what was there punishment back then other than being outkasted socially? Why is there not as big of an uproar about ? female sex?
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? .

How do you define it

Honestly, ? really isn't heavy in my vocabulary. I'm not too much of a judgmental person. Even if its something that involves ? or abuse, then I see that mostly as illegal or "evil" rather than perverted. Besides, ? is very subjective regardless, and we all have our fetishes. I let people live. Just don't make it my business.
    and can a civilization or culture exist without a sexually defined perimeter?

Of course human beings can exist without defining a perimeter for our respective anatomies, but can a culture get by without these fundamentals?

I would ask you to define culture and civilization, but I don't want a semantics battle, so I could just say that civilization and culture are usually defined by (sexual) perimeters. Without these essential perimeters, people are usually called uncivilized and uncultured and are likened to animals who just ? indiscriminately with no regard to gender, family, and even species. I guess that small human cultures and civilizations that live in, say, jungles may have relaxed sexual perimeters, but they're still likely to have some kind of perimeters. ? seems to be a strong taboo that has existed as a perimeter in nearly every human culture and civilization, even the so-called savage cultures.
    Why is there a need for a sex offender registry?

Mostly because pedophiles are hated by most people and feared by all parents. Nevermind the ? that sex offender registries cause.