Bulletin Board Material!

Options
playmaker88
playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
Inspired by Urban Meyers shookness

Man ? that ? i hate that term. and the shookness that derives from giving a team "bulletin board material"

Dont get me wrong some people should just shut the hell up.. However if you are shook of what someone is going to do or intimidated by their production prior to you or what have you then dont even show up.

You plaaaaaaay to wiiiiiiiin the gaaaaaaaaame

You should never enter a game/contest with the mindset of.. uh oh i think we gonna lose.. once you do that.. its over and you cant get it back..

it doesnt matter who is the best.. it matters who plays the best

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I hate that ? , if you not already amped to play the game then you shouldn't even be playing the sport in the first place
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taking part in competition is all you should need to know you're going out to try and demolish the opponent. With that as a foundation I believe in putting all energy toward how that can be accomplished practically. Spend time breaking down different angles of attack and defense tactics. Paying attention to bulletin board material is a waste of time. Someone seriously competing should already be as fired up as they can be for reasons outside of what some opponent or media talking heads said.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Urban's issue is that he knows that comment made by his player opens the door for ? redundant questions about it when they have to fulfill their media obligations...especially if they reach a point where they'll be matched up against Bama or FSU.

Either team would play them with max intensity regardless. Saban hardly even cracks a smile. He stays lighting a fire under those players w/o "bulletin board material."
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i also hate the ....

aight lets kick up ? .. or get amped

ITS TO LATE.. and you dont win games getting amped you win by executing

Getting amped is like drinking an energy drink .. its a short term high.. and gives a false impression
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I hate that ? , if you not already amped to play the game then you shouldn't even be playing the sport in the first place

This.

Oh, you "really" wanna win now 'cause ol' boy on the other team said something you didn't like?

So being on the field/court in a game that counts representing your team ain't enough?

The scholarship/contract ain't enough?

The basic desire to be the best ain't enough?

Foh.

I think ? talkin' is brilliant when players do it. Especially in the pros. Because it takes the other team's mind off of the game plan and execution and now they're just focused on one dude -- and that ain't smart.

Even if you still win, you probably could've played better if you ignored that ? and just focused on the game plan. Given how homotional men are today, I would be talkin' all types of ? if I was in the pros or div-1. Especially if I was about to play a team that's better than mine on paper.