‘The Killing’ Lives: Netflix Orders Six Final Episodes

Options
lazypakman
lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
“The Killing” has cheated death for a second time.

Netflix has ordered six episodes of what it is calling a fourth and final limited season to wrap up the Fox TV Studios series that began on AMC in 2011.

Veena Sud is back as showrunner of the moody drama that stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman as Seattle detectives enmeshed in murder cases. The U.S. adaptation is based on the Danish skein “Forbrydelsen.”

“Killing” was canceled by AMC in 2012 after two seasons, only to be revived when Netflix teamed with the cabler in a shared-window pact. After a low-rated third season, AMC opted to ax the show again earlier this year. But Fox TV Studios, Sud and her reps at Wme quietly assembled a pitch for a final half-dozen segs that was strong enough to interest Netflix, given the show’s existing following. The first three seasons of the show

i'm glad it's getting some closure,i binge watched the entire thing a few months ago and really enjoyed it,Enos and Kinnaman are great together and individually in their roles.

on a week to week basis i can see how people would have got annoyed with the Rosie Larson storyline,they dragged that ? out but i think the final payoff delivered.

Comments