NFL 2K COMING back!?!

Options
BlackxChild
BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    probably they are doing that 2k football game that came out in like 2009 with all the old athletes
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    oh ? didn't know the contracted ended after madden 25 and it wasn't renewed so maybe it will be a 2k14 for football ?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think someone on here said this earlier & that's don't be surprised if 2K already has something ready once the EA/NFL license ends.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hell i would take a generic ass football game made by 2k. in fact that'd be kinda cool. have some fun with it.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So 2K can make an NFL game as early as next year?
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sales of madden declined by 40%

I can see Madden going the way of Live...they better come with some innovative ? next year
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure if I would expect them to come out the gate beating EA though. It might take 2K a year or two to really start being head and shoulders above Madden, and properly implement all the ideas I'm sure they've had since 2k5.

EA would probably put up more of a fight and not half ass it and let the the game go to ? like Live if they had to face competition too. Still probably wouldn't stop 2K from making the better game though.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those madden devs better get on they ? !
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    The even sadder thing is here we are in the new generation of consoles & 2k5 is still regarded as the superior football game!!!

It is the better game.

EA and Madden are ? in their pants cause when their precious Madden can't help them make record breaking profits, it will be game over for half of EA.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    fifa makes more money then madden
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint bought a madden game since 06
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be glad when 2k can start making football again b/c I might check it out. I haven't bought a football game since Madden 2001 and I refuse to mess with anything from EA sports wise. (With exception to Fight Night 4 & Champion)
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    lol cs 06 w Shaun Alexander was my last madden
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    When I read this...
    Law Firm Holzer Holzer & Fistel sent a press release announcing an investigation on statements issued by Electronic Arts and some of its executives between July 24th, 2013 and December 4th, 2013 about the development and sales Battlefield 4 and the game’s impact on the company’s revenue and future projects.

Apparently the investigation aims to uncover possible lack of compliance of said statements with Federal Securities laws.
    While no specific information was provided on what the statements under investigation actually said, or on what laws may have been broken, the firm encouraged investors that purchased EA stock during the period mentioned and suffered losses on that investment to contact them.

The most probable reason behind the investigation is that EA’s enthusiastic statements on Battlefield 4 may have made its stock look more tempting for investors compared to its realistic value, which can be ground for a lawsuit or worse. Of course this is just my personal speculation, so take it with a grain of salt, as we can’t draw any conclusion until any official results are announced.

I knew it was over.... It cost 50mil for a exclusive license EA lost the madden lawsuit which was around 20mil and they sold less than 4mil Madden copies. Plus the other lawsuits like this battle field lawsuit. They can't afford a exclusive deal.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I read this...
    Law Firm Holzer Holzer & Fistel sent a press release announcing an investigation on statements issued by Electronic Arts and some of its executives between July 24th, 2013 and December 4th, 2013 about the development and sales Battlefield 4 and the game’s impact on the company’s revenue and future projects.

Apparently the investigation aims to uncover possible lack of compliance of said statements with Federal Securities laws.
    While no specific information was provided on what the statements under investigation actually said, or on what laws may have been broken, the firm encouraged investors that purchased EA stock during the period mentioned and suffered losses on that investment to contact them.

The most probable reason behind the investigation is that EA’s enthusiastic statements on Battlefield 4 may have made its stock look more tempting for investors compared to its realistic value, which can be ground for a lawsuit or worse. Of course this is just my personal speculation, so take it with a grain of salt, as we can’t draw any conclusion until any official results are announced.

I knew it was over.... It cost 50mil for a exclusive license EA lost the madden lawsuit which was around 20mil and they sold less than 4mil Madden copies. Plus the other lawsuits like this battle field lawsuit. They can't afford a exclusive deal.

in other words, NFL 2K is a go!?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I read this...

EA can't afford this deal? Lol ok
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    EA been losing a lot of money
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Nvmnd ppl just had it confirmed through a player the deal with madden for next yr has already been made they already got their checks... I was told they haven't been scanned for Eco motion.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    ^^^ also that person plays for the Jags and who wants to scan players for the jags.... I'll ask some other nfl players and try to get back with u guys.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Havent ? with Madden since that ESPN game with TO in a eagles jersey came out.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i havent played madden in years but if nfl 2k comes back....first day cop
    deemula420 wrote: »