Ladies, school me on....

Options
deadeye
deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in The Powder Room
4z hair.

*nh*

Does hair have different classifications like bra sizes or something?

If so, I was never aware of this phenomenon.

fascinante.jpg

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll sit this one out.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That hair typing is pointless, but there's no such thing as 4z. There's 1 to 4c. 1 being straight and 4c is supposed to be extremely kinky.
  • deadeye
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    I'll sit this one out.

2ns0xa8.jpg

Why's that Kathryn?

You know your input is always welcome :-)
  • deadeye
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    That hair typing is pointless, but there's no such thing as 4z. There's 1 to 4c. 1 being straight and 4c is supposed to be extremely kinky.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I didn't realize the context in which @Khaleesi mentioned it.

I think I understand now though.

@Westie

Are there some classifications that are frowned upon in the natural hair community?

Meaning, is there any underlying dissention among women of various hair types?

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    I have no idea
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For a minute I was like who the hell has a 4z hair type lol...

Anywho I never really got into the whole hair typing thing. So I can't tell you much.
  • TheCoach757
    TheCoach757 Members Posts: 142 ✭✭
    Options
    hell if i know
  • Westie
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

@Westie

Are there some classifications that are frowned upon in the natural hair community?

Meaning, is there any underlying dissention among women of various hair types?

Oh now I get the question. Instigating.

Dissent? No, unless you act like you're in middle school. If you really give a ? about someone else's curl pattern you have a problem. So someone dug up some "nappy headed hoes" joke? Yeah, like I said, middle school.
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Of course he is @Westie

@deadeye is known for trying to start drama amongst the females here

Smh
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's 1-4 and the than there is A-D, for example I have 4C hair. The kinkiest of all is 4D, while the straightest is 1A. Pico hair is 3C. You can google the different types to have a better understanding.

This is 3C hair

12.jpg

4C Hair

How-to-Grow-4c-Hair-Long-1024x682.jpg

2C Hair

4398d1247026933-question-about-hair-type-2c-3a-p7070092small.jpg

1C Hair

clip-in-hair-extensions-1c-3_1024x1024.jpg
  • deadeye
    edited November 2013
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Of course he is @Westie

Smh

@MsSouthern

Not true.

I'm disappointed in both of you for trying to besmirch my good name.

I'm known for being a creepy 43yr old stalker who always asks the ladies about the last time their respective buttocks' have been compromised.

Never been known for instigating ? "amongst the females here" and I challenge you to reference any examples of me doing so.

Granted, this thread was inspired by a statement that @Khaleesi made on the backstreets......but I only referenced what she said about 4z hair.

I never mentioned anything pertaining to the animosity between her and some of the other ladies of the IC.

I was genuinely curious about 4z hair because I had never heard of anything like that before.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

It's 1-4 and the than there is A-D, for example I have 4C hair. The kinkiest of all is 4D, while the straightest is 1A. Pico hair is 3C. You can google the different types to have a better understanding.

This is 3C hair

12.jpg

4C Hair

How-to-Grow-4c-Hair-Long-1024x682.jpg

2C Hair

4398d1247026933-question-about-hair-type-2c-3a-p7070092small.jpg

1C Hair

clip-in-hair-extensions-1c-3_1024x1024.jpg

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121103235339/uncyclopedia/images/f/fb/? .gif[/img]
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Proud of my 3c/4a tresses :D
  • deadeye
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Of course he is @Westie

Smh

@MsSouthern

Not true.

I'm disappointed in both of you for trying to besmirch my good name.

I'm known for being a creepy 43yr old stalker who always asks the ladies about the last time their respective buttocks' have been compromised.

Never been known for instigating ? "amongst the females here" and I challenge you to reference any examples of me doing so.

Granted, this thread was inspired by a statement that @Khaleesi made on the backstreets......but I only referenced what she said about 4z hair.

I never mentioned anything pertaining to the animosity between her and some of the other ladies of the IC.

I was genuinely curious about 4z hair because I had never heard of anything like that before.

@Kat,

Why did you no-sign this Kathryn?

Do you have any supporting evidence to substantiate @MsSouthern and @Westie's claims that I'm known for instigating?

• Kat
    Options
    My supporting evidence is watching you work..you ain't fooling nobody @deadeye.

• deadeye
    edited November 2013
    Options
    My supporting evidence is watching you work..you ain't fooling nobody @deadeye.

@Kat

Assuming your observations are accurate, what do I have to gain by doing anything like that?

There's no pleasure to be derived from what you all are accusing me of.

Now, I'm not saying that the beef between the ladies isn't entertaining in and of itself.....but instigating it doesn't really do anything for me.

I actually think that @Khaleesi and @sixsicksins would be good friends under different circumstances.

So much so, that I'd like to invite both of them to my humble abode in Virginia for the holidays in hopes that.....under my strict supervision and guidance......they can work out their differences and find some common ground.

I'd just act as an observer and mediator for the most part.

I sincerely hope they'll both consider my invitation.

They'd definitely be glad that they came.

• Westie
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »
    Yeah, I have the same hair type. The question is who gives a ? ? It's not an accomplishment dumb ? .

Sorry @mssouthern I know it's not the place. Happy @deadeye?
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    And there goes the creepy posts

@deadeye ...just cause I'm blonde does not mean I'm dumb . You are not fooling anyone . Women's hair is that fascinating to you .....stop it

• Kat
    Options
    Yeah, I have the same hair type. The question is who gives a ? ? It's not an accomplishment dumb ? .

lmao..minus the dumb ? part, co-sign!

I will never understand taking pride in some ? you can't control.

I mean I get self-acceptance and loving yourself no matter what hand you're given, but how do you take pride in some hair? Should I be proud that my hair came out straight? Or should it have been curly?

I just don't get it.
  • Westie
    Options

lmao..minus the dumb ? part, co-sign!

I will never understand taking pride in some ? you can't control.

I mean I get self-acceptance and loving yourself no matter what hand you're given, but how do you take pride in some hair? Should I be proud that my hair came out straight? Or should it have been curly?

I just don't get it.

I get it to an extent when it's something that you're told you're "lesser" for having. It's a self affirmation because you get so much negative for things that are beyond your control (I.e. Hair and skin). The need to verbalize that can be to let those know that denigrate you basically ? your opinion. But I agree loving yourself is most important.

This hoe is trying to put her hair type above someone with a kinkier texture, which makes her a dumb ? , like I said.
  • deadeye
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And there goes the creepy posts

@deadeye ...just cause I'm blonde does not mean I'm dumb . You are not fooling anyone . Women's hair is that fascinating to you .....stop it

What's creepy about wanting to be a peacemaker?

I'm not fascinated by women's hair in particular.....just the classifications of different hair types.

I never knew there were specific designations for them: 4b, 2a, 1c, etc.

That actually makes me sad @Westie.

I'm sad now :-(

If you'd like, I'm willing to extend my holiday invitation to you as well :-)

One big slumber party with you, Khaleesi, Six....and Skylar would also be welcome.

She'd just have to leave the kid with @Du_Du and @Ladydu.

Give him a chance to get to know his half-brother.
  • MsSouthern
    Options
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love my 3C hair gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl