• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    Prepare for the inevitable industry crash. Once first person shooters, stale EA Sports games, and GTA become all that is left, the industry will crash.

When and how will this ever happen?

People here are doing the Indian Rain Dance with the Wii U's shortcomings and say that Mario and co. needs to die off or go to Sony consoles. There are people literally happy with a company that built the foundations of the gaming industry failing with going their own direction.

It's sad what Nintendo has done with Mario over the years smh.
    I haven't seen anyone on here wanting Mario to die off tho.

@ the bold, Nintendo brought that on themselves. And you talk about built the foundation. The NES, SNES, Gameboy era were the glory days for nintendo. Those systems built the foundation, not the ? y'all been playing since 96.

Without Nintendo, the industry will copy one another until people will wake up and just want prettier graphics over gameplay. What new gameplay features does PS4 offer that can't be done on PS3? Not visuals, just gameplay.

We talking about Mario in here not PS3 and PS4 gameplay. In due time with that tho.

How you know that without Nintendo the industry will only copy one another? Please explain this fact.
  • northside7
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    It ain't dead but it ain't been ? since Super Nintendo.

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

THose games sold like 12 millions.

Does that mean it was a good/great game?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

The Galaxy games were outstandin'

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think gamers understand Nintendo's significance in the in industry from an artistic standpoint.

Between Sony, MS, and their respective studios they are generic. Great games have come from them but how many characters we need looking like Nathan Drake. How many shooters we need...?

Be thankful to Nintendo and Mario.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prepare for the inevitable industry crash. Once first person shooters, stale EA Sports games, and GTA become all that is left, the industry will crash.

People here are doing the Indian Rain Dance with the Wii U's shortcomings and say that Mario and co. needs to die off or go to Sony consoles. There are people literally happy with a company that built the foundations of the gaming industry failing with going their own direction.

@ the bold, Nintendo brought that on themselves. And you talk about built the foundation. The NES, SNES, Gameboy era were the glory days for nintendo. Those systems built the foundation, not the ? y'all been playing since 96.

Without Nintendo, the industry will copy one another until people will wake up and just want prettier graphics over gameplay. What new gameplay features does PS4 offer that can't be done on PS3? Not visuals, just gameplay.

We talking about Mario in here not PS3 and PS4 gameplay. In due time with that tho.

How you know that without Nintendo the industry will only copy one another? Please explain this fact.

The Dual Shock copied off of the N64 and (a lesser extent) the Sega Saturn Nights Controller.

The Playstation itself was originally developed by Nintendo and they scrapped it.

The online play was copied from SEGA and the Dreamcast.

Even Killzone copied Halo (credit to MS) for that.

Even the PS3 tried to include motion controls in the Dual Shock 3, which copied off of the Wii

Mario is far from dead, but Sony stans can't wait until they can see him on their systems or want Mario to stop making games altogether.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    I don't think gamers understand Nintendo's significance in the in industry from an artistic standpoint.

Between Sony, MS, and their respective studios they are generic. Great games have come from them but how many characters we need looking like Nathan Drake. How many shooters we need...?

Be thankful to Nintendo and Mario.

If Sony gets their way and eliminate Nintendo, then the industry can't thrive off of stagnation.
  • northside7
    Options

The Dual Shock copied off of the N64 and (a lesser extent) the Sega Saturn Nights Controller.

The Playstation itself was originally developed by Nintendo and they scrapped it.

The online play was copied from SEGA and the Dreamcast.

Even Killzone copied Halo (credit to MS) for that.

Even the PS3 tried to include motion controls in the Dual Shock 3, which copied off of the Wii

Mario is far from dead, but Sony stans can't wait until they can see him on their systems or want Mario to stop making games altogether.

Whoever scrapped it is a damn fool becuase Nintendo would be king right now.

The bold is Sony taking tech/games and making them better.

Sony Stans, Xbox stans, and you're a Nintendo stan. I know a number of y'all went from n64 to Xbox lol.

Sony is king. All y'all can do is grind your teeth and hope for the best. Keep hope alive.

• northside7
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

Does 12 million copies sold mean it was a good or great game?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it was trash they're not catering to you there's a lot of people who enjoys mario
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

They have combined sales of 18 million actually. They were also some of the best reviewed games of the last generation by both fans and critics.
  • northside7
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it was trash they're not catering to you there's a lot of people who enjoys mario

Y'all still don't get it. Does that number equate to it being a good game is the question. COD sold 100 million copies. Does that mean it was a good game?

If its trash it's trash. My opinion, not a fact. I enjoy playing Mario. Ol skool Mario.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

Not at all. But those games were dope. They were gettin' reviewed at 9 and 10 by a lotta critics
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    no matter what Mario drops ? will sell
  • northside7
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

Not at all. But those games were dope. They were gettin' reviewed at 9 and 10 by a lotta critics

Thank you. That's all I asked.

What's your PSN?
  • vageneral08
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

Y'all still don't get it. Does that number equate to it being a good game is the question. COD sold 100 million copies. Does that mean it was a good game?

If its trash it's trash. My opinion, not a fact. I enjoy playing Mario. Ol skool Mario.

No you don't get it...you answered your own question anyway just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks period that's just you being a picky ass ? ....mario brand is gonna sell whether you like it or not they don't care about one person's opinion when they sold millions of copies
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both Galaxies games are the game of the generation of last gen.

I'm sorry most people our age play CoD, BF, Fallout, and etc.

Those games are great but not seeing the galaxies games.
  • ohhhla
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

Dawg, you didn't play Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 due to your "You think you're cool" mentality.
  • northside7
    edited December 2013
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

No you don't get it...you answered your own question anyway just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks period that's just you being a picky ass ? ....mario brand is gonna sell whether you like it or not they don't care about one person's opinion when they sold millions of copies

No you don't. Check cellar's post. Already said its an opinion and not a fact.

I never had a problem with Mario selling.

"just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks period"

MW3

• northside7
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

Dawg, you didn't play Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 due to your "You think you're cool" mentality.

No. I just never got around to getting a Wii like I did with 360 and Ps3. Think I might.

When garbage like Mario 64 and Mario sunshine is released, interest levels drop.

lol @ you thinking that I'm thinking that I'm "too cool" to be playing Mario tho
  • vageneral08
    Options

Mario 64 begs to differ

And Galaxies.

No you don't. Check cellar's post. Already said its an opinion and not a fact.

I never had a problem with Mario selling.

"just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks period"

MW3

Like I said one bad opinion like yours is not gonna stop mario sales you think it's trash but others don't
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many of you bought the Wii U?
  • mazinger8686
    mazinger8686 Members Posts: 2
    Options
    WTF? mario 64 was revolutionary!
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Mario 64 was revolutionary.

It's the reason why 3D gaming is what it is.

The analog, movable camera, and etc.

LOL.
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    How many of you bought the Wii U?

I got one and getting the 4 next month.