Allen Iverson vs. Michael Jordan: Who had the bigger influence on basketball?

Options
Heavy In The Game
Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
According to Chris Paul AI had more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b58pW5XQfrU

Chris Paul says Allen Iverson had a bigger influence on basketball than Michael Jordan 45 votes

Allen Iverson
8%
fortyacresTheBossmanFlyFreeCtNothingButTheTruth 4 votes
Michael Jordan
91%
northside7dalyricalbanditS2Jrageloch121infamous114the ghostGot Em ShookKNiGHTSmikelewisgman82StewDOPEdweebznujerz84its....JOHN Bcoop9889texasdaking88Chi-Town BullyStoneColdMikeyTheBoyRo 41 votes

Comments

• Heavy In The Game
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    the question above the voting options is wrong, my bad
    is their anyway that can be fixed?
  • Heavy In The Game
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    Chris Paul was high as ? when he said that.

I don't fully agree wit Chris but I see where he's comin from. AI had a huge influence on basketball, he was like everybody's favorite player and everybody wanted to be like him for a time. Its probably closer than you think.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    Close this damn thread.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan

MJ influenced the world.

AI influenced the hood.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    MJ influenced the world.

AI influenced the hood.

Ron Mercer the real ? .
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    Chris Paul was high as ? when he said that.

I don't fully agree wit Chris but I see where he's comin from. AI had a huge influence on basketball, he was like everybody's favorite player and everybody wanted to be like him for a time. Its probably closer than you think.

Bruh... how old ars you?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    Chris Paul made a ridiculous ass statement, let's not debate this just for the sake of having a debate. Let's just all agree that this is one of the dumbest comments any athlete has ever made.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    MJ influenced the world.

AI influenced the hood.

Close thread
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    You what? (Jay Z voice)
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allen Iverson
    AI made me want to play basketball. Not once did I see Jordan play and think, "yo I want to do that." If it wasn't for AI, I wouldn't give a ? about basketball on any level.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    i think he meant under the influence
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    I ? with AI (even tho I always knew Kobe was better) I remember begging pops to buy us the first NBA 2K on dreamcast specifically because he was on the cover. That said...

GTFOH
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Allen Iverson

Cosign these dudes just posting to get reactions. Maybe he was so big to me because I only chill with my people (by choice) and AI was THE NBA player for us. When he bopped the ? out of Jordan, it was the passing of the torch lol.
    Say what?

What influence did AI have though?

Crossover? Tim Hardaway
    Attitude? Bad Boys
    Scoring PG? .......

Braids? That's just about it

Sneakers......

Js>>>>>>>>

-Black people are developing our own culture, which translates to our own point of views. A lot of us would choose AI over Jordan. Just like most of us will choose Nas over Tupac or JayZ. White amerikkka is the one that pushes Jordan, JayZ, and Pac so hard. .. Some may say different, because they're afraid of the backlash, but they have to be willing to stand on their own and not buckle under the groupthink pressure that the masses push on everyone. We're individuals and AI represented that. With that said, I'll take AI over Jordan ANY DAY OF THE WEEK and not think twice.

-TH's crossover is some "better basketball" ? , don't nobody use that ? . AI's made it mainstream and his ? was simple, yet crazy effective. It was so effective that they started saying it was all of sudden carrying the ball. Probably because he embarrassed the ? out of Jordan with it, and was impossible to guard with that ? .

-His attitude wasn't on no bad boy ? , it was on some I'm going to do me and do it my way ? . That's huge for someone of his status. Nowadays all you have is PC subliminal ? .
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allen Iverson, 2pac, and Lil Wayne destroyed generations of black men.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    AI popularity lead to record low tv ratings and game attendance. I see to ignant ? in the hood why he appeal to them but thats it.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see where the point gawd is comin from but I disagree.Iverson said himself Jordan inspired him to play basketball

Add Wade,The King and Kobe to the list of players who the Goat influenced
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    I see where the point gawd is comin from but I disagree.Iverson said himself Jordan inspired him to play basketball

I read that Lbj said Penny Hardaway was his idol/favorite player
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say what?

Crossover? Tim Hardaway
    Attitude? Bad Boys
    Scoring PG? .......

Sneakers......

Js>>>>>>>>

arm sleeve
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

I read that Lbj said Penny Hardaway was his idol/favorite player

Lebron is on record several times saying jordan was his idol,the reason why he played basketball and the reason why he rocked #23 from high school up to 2010
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im sure dis thread is gonna be a goldmine for da Dumb things thread, leave dis open for a lor bit mane lls
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cosign these dudes just posting to get reactions. Maybe he was so big to me because I only chill with my people (by choice) and AI was THE NBA player for us. When he bopped the ? out of Jordan, it was the passing of the torch lol.
    Say what?

Crossover? Tim Hardaway
    Attitude? Bad Boys
    Scoring PG? .......

Sneakers......

Js>>>>>>>>

-Black people are developing our own culture, which translates to our own point of views. A lot of us would choose AI over Jordan. Just like most of us will choose Nas over Tupac or JayZ. White amerikkka is the one that pushes Jordan, JayZ, and Pac so hard. .. Some may say different, because they're afraid of the backlash, but they have to be willing to stand on their own and not buckle under the groupthink pressure that the masses push on everyone. We're individuals and AI represented that. With that said, I'll take AI over Jordan ANY DAY OF THE WEEK and not think twice.

-TH's crossover is some "better basketball" ? , don't nobody use that ? . AI's made it mainstream and his ? was simple, yet crazy effective. It was so effective that they started saying it was all of sudden carrying the ball. Probably because he embarrassed the ? out of Jordan with it, and was impossible to guard with that ? .

-His attitude wasn't on no bad boy ? , it was on some I'm going to do me and do it my way ? . That's huge for someone of his status. Nowadays all you have is PC subliminal ? .

lmao
This discussion has been closed.