The Royal Rumble 2014 discussion thread

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle
As the rumble is the 2nd biggest event of the year I thought that it would be cool to separate all the theories and ideas into a new thread as the road to it unfolds.

The obvious question is who ya got winning the thing (Poll)?
More questions: who do you expect to return at the rumble and what angles do you think will happen?

I think barring any unforeseen shenanigans Punk will absolutely win the rumble match.
It's been on the books the whole time he was intentionally detailed with Heyman and his mini-feud with Shield that he will either be winning the rumble or facing HHH. I'm gonna stick with my original prediction of HHH/Bryan at 'Mania which leaves Punk/Orton II (even though they wrestled a few times before and after WM 27) as the main event.

The Royal Rumble 2014 discussion thread 25 votes

CM Punk
32%
smokelahomasouth4lifejonoqtipp73Mr.LV1CK1ST. SanfordSuperSoaker 8 votes
Daniel Bryan
40%
BroddieCopperafro thunderillestni99ainneKillaChamVIBEPSN-CanibussT.Vick04oatmealdudedhatt 10 votes
Sheamus
0%
John Cena
0%
HHH
0%
Brock Lesnar
12%
its....JOHN BSour-Creamnj2089 3 votes
Other...
16%
Dupac  Colin$mackabi$hTheBossmanDarkRaiden 4 votes

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CM Punk
    All roads seem to point to Punk winning the rumble since HHH will mostly likely be in a feud with Vince at Wrestlemania, Daniel Bryan's storyline with The Wyatt's, nor I can't see Shamus & Lesnar winning it let alone being in it!!!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im leaning towards punk, with bryan and cena also as possibilities in my mind
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    No brainer.

Punk had his run.

Bryan is the most over and popular superstar in the WWE. I can bet that Cena will vouch for Bryan to go over at the RR. I really can't see it any other way.

Bryan's push has been leading to a big win at WM. He's been the main eventer for 2012, he would open and close shows. He won "Superstar of the Year".

I just don't see it going Punks direction. Punk will be wrapped up in a feud with the Shield members or Triple H/Shawn Michaels.
  • jono
    Options
    CM Punk
    I wouldn't mind DB winning at all, but I'm not interested in any of the possible outcomes from him winning: a rematch with Orton (their 15th match in two years), a triple threat with Cena & Orton (reminiscent of Chris Benoit 10years ago), or another match with Cena.

• VIBE
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    My bad, 2013 not 2012
  • jono
    Options
    CM Punk
    Looks like they doing a triple threat between Bryan-Orton-Cena eventually.

It would be hard to keep this up for another 3-4 months.

DB is still a very interesting character as his feud with the Wyatts continues, Punk has essentialy moved on from Shield even though they just had another match on Smackdown.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CM Punk
    Punk

& I dont think he ever won a Rumble & 2014 will be his first
  • VIBE
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    I think Bryan may be out of the run to be RR winner.

He's obviously going to bee involved with, hopefully, a deep storyline with the Wyatt Family angle.

Punks going the Shield angle.

So, I think it may very well come down to Orton, Cena, Brock or Batista.

I would like to see it come down to Brock as Batista as the last ones standing at the Rumble and Batista eliminating Brock. Which would, or could, eventually give us Brock vs Batista for the title a bit later.

Of course, they should be full time guys during this ? .
  • jono
    Options
    CM Punk
    There's no telling now. Punk seems busy as does Bryan but they aren't involved in storylines that will last for much longer so it's a toss up.

Maybe a clever misdirection to throw smarks off.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I can see BD using the Wyatt's in the rumble and ending up eliminating them
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    I can see BD using the Wyatt's in the rumble and ending up eliminating them

He eliminated Kane last time when they were tag team partners so that is a possibility.

It's too soon for a member of the shield, Bray or Big E to win it. Dolph and Kofi are jobbers. Shaemus is still M.I.A. Rybaxel are both in the dog house.

That leaves Cody and Cesaro but I'm not sure the WWE is going to give them a push to headline Wrestlemania. So it's going to be between Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. I'll be surprised if they let anyone else win it.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    Bryan's favoritism amongst the fans almost demands he win the fumble so the powers to be can't deny his contendership for the title.
    I think the whole Wyatt's angle is just to throw fans for a loop...

Maybe Austin or Bret as guest referee
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    Brock winning it would be cool though
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brock Lesnar
    Daniel Bryan will get the belt after WM.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brock Lesnar
    I could also see a Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan match at WM if they decide to go the route that y'all suggested.
  • dhatt
    dhatt Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    I voted on the person I want to win rather than whom I believe will actually win.

A Sheamus return is inevitable but I really believe his best days are behind him.

I'm guessing a Batista win.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CM Punk
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Punk

& I dont think he ever won a Rumble & 2014 will be his first

He hasn't one yet its overdue IMHO.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    Punk is not only tied in w the Shield, they said his match w Trips at WM is locked in.

So, it's def not Punk.

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CM Punk
    VIBE wrote: »
    Punk is not only tied in w the Shield, they said his match w Trips at WM is locked in.

So, it's def not Punk.

but who really wants to see Punk vs HHH again tho? if anything DB should face HHH, he ? on him way more than Punk.
  • jono
    Options
    CM Punk
    Punk v HHH >>> Punk vs Orton

If they did Punk vs Lesnar for te title at WM that would be dope
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CM Punk
    jono wrote: »
    Punk v HHH >>> Punk vs Orton

If they did Punk vs Lesnar for te title at WM that would be dope

Punk vs Lesnar would be perfect for me because I been wantin that rematch anyway
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    VIBE wrote: »
    I think Bryan may be out of the run to be RR winner.

He's obviously going to bee involved with, hopefully, a deep storyline with the Wyatt Family angle.

Punks going the Shield angle.

So, I think it may very well come down to Orton, Cena, Brock or Batista.

I would like to see it come down to Brock as Batista as the last ones standing at the Rumble and Batista eliminating Brock. Which would, or could, eventually give us Brock vs Batista for the title a bit later.

Of course, they should be full time guys during this ? .
    That storyline can involve the Rumble, though. Picture the Wyatts dominating the rumble, throwing everyone out. Harper and Rowen leave on their own will to let their "father" Bray win the rumble. Daniel almost leaves but comes back over the top rope, turns on Bray and throws him over.

Similar situation can be done with the Shield with them eliminating Punk and being the last 3 left. Reigns gets the better of the other two and The Shield destroyed.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Daniel Bryan
    Rumble is my personal favorite PPV and what's so great this year is how unpredictable it is.
  • jono
    Options
    CM Punk
    The rumble my fav event too. It's unpredictable for the first time in years, I hope they don't start focusing on one guy again like they did at the last 3-4
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I don't want Punk anywhere near the title son held the belt for a yr plus