Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread (the race to the bottom)

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
Should be one of the best drafts in at least 6 or 7 years. Maybe better then 96?

Prospect comparisons

Andrew Wiggins - Tracy Mcgrady/Scottie Pippen

Jabari Parker - Rich mans Carmelo Anthony

Julius Randell - athletic Zach Randolph

Marcus Smart - Rich mans Victor Oladipo

Dante Exum - Penny Hardaway

Joel Embid - Hakeem Olajuwon/Andrew Bynum

Aaron Gordon - Blake Griffin

Zach Levine - Rich mans JR Smith

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I remember in the NBA thread offseason i said this draft was as close as u can get to a sure thing and the hype was real. Nggas tired to pull the 'its a crapshoot' card. Yea, ok...

-Jabari Parker...if it wasnt for the fear that he's gonna turn out to be Cramelo Anhtony, he'd be gettin more hype. He;s ridiculous. You forget that he's only 18/19. The kid is big too.

-Marcus Smart-Cant see him not being a beast. Has the whole package.

-Wiggins has the most upside but the other 2 are more locks

-Aaron Gordon. Maybe even more upside than Wiggins. Does he have a postion tho. Dribbles like a guard.

-Joel Embed- BUST. I've seen enough 'African bigs who started late' to know. Then i saw him missing aroudn the basket. He's a bust. Mark it down.

-Julius Randle- How tall is he. If he's a legit 6'9, he's solid but could be a Derek Williams type tweener.

-Zach Levine - if he plays another year he could be a beast. He needs another year. He doent even have confidence yet. Other people know how good he can be more than him.

-This list doesnt even include Glen Robinson, Gary Harris, etc. This draft is loaded
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I've never been a 'NBA draft is rigged' dude, but...

If Toronto gets Wiggins, and Utah gets Parker....

Its rigged.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With Brook Lopez's recent foot injury I hope we get somebody on that list.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »

I doubt it, the Nets dont have a first round pick
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »

I doubt it, the Nets dont have a first round pick

That's a hawks fan
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I remember in the NBA thread offseason i said this draft was as close as u can get to a sure thing and the hype was real. Nggas tired to pull the 'its a crapshoot' card. Yea, ok...

-Jabari Parker...if it wasnt for the fear that he's gonna turn out to be Cramelo Anhtony, he'd be gettin more hype. He;s ridiculous. You forget that he's only 18/19. The kid is big too.

-Aaron Gordon. Maybe even more upside than Wiggins. Does he have a postion tho. Dribbles like a guard.

-Joel Embed- BUST. I've seen enough 'African bigs who started late' to know. Then i saw him missing aroudn the basket. He's a bust. Mark it down.

-Julius Randle- How tall is he. If he's a legit 6'9, he's solid but could be a Derek Williams type tweener.

-Zach Levine - if he plays another year he could be a beast. He needs another year. He doent even have confidence yet. Other people know how good he can be more than him.

-This list doesnt even include Glen Robinson, Gary Harris, etc. This draft is loaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Irvvb7Y4-w

Nah duke gonna be decent when he gets some good coaching and more experience
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should mention what schools they play for. I've seen Wiggins, Parker and Randle play but would like to see others too.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

I think Aaron Gordon and Levine should both come back to school next season. If they show improvement on their game next season I can easily see them both going top 3 next draft. You right about African centers basically being a ? shoot but Embid has only been playing organized ball for 2 years now and already has a great feel for the game. He's not just a tall shot blocker like thabeet and biyombo.. He has great moves on the block and is a solid passer. He might have the highest sealing of this class.

• af.r.i.c.a.
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Man get this pre mature thread da fucc outta here.Who makes a damn draft thread 6 months before the draft and 3.5 months before march madness
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    ? I wanted to make this thread in July but I waited long enough. Plus it's better to have one thread where ? ass teams can post instead of an "official sixers thread" or official "Utah Jazz thread " those are the ? who should get the ? outta here
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Yea you right.We got boston celtics season threads when they suck may as well rock wit the nba draft thread.

I read the bulls were scouting pindidduie? diddydinnie? Somethin like that and marcus smart and some lavine kid.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yea you right.We got boston celtics season threads when they suck may as well rock wit the nba draft thread.

I read the bulls were scouting pindidduie? diddydinnie? Somethin like that and marcus smart and some lavine kid.

Yea he's solid. Unless the bulls collect more Ls then a little bit they won't be in position to draft smart or Levine. I think teams like the bulls and the grizz are taking one step this season but will be better teams next season. Memphis could end up with a top 10 pick this year and the bulls will probably have 2 top 20 picks. Those injuries could be a blessing in disguise
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Suns apparently have 4 first round picks this draft. That team is gonna be a problem next season
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Suns apparently have 4 first round picks this draft. That team is gonna be a problem next season
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know why men think being compared to Carmelo Anthony is a bad thing ( his PER is 10th in the league and last year believe he was 5th) he'll get your team to a playoff spot (albeit this year), compete, yeah in a perfect world he'd be your #2 but how many superstars are there in the league at one time. Jabari is going to be a scoring machine once he figures out the speed of the league. I think he can also pass well (legit knock against who he's compared to)

Wiggins has a lot of upside, needs to add 10-15lbs and work on his offense, with him it's how bad do you want to be a star, the foundation is there. Good on ball defender as well.

Julius Randle is going to be a double double guy easily, he needs to work on going right and I haven't seen enough of his range - they say it goes to 18 feet but Cal is having closer to the bucket where he can dominate on college.

Marcus Smart is going to be a bully PG or off guard, if he can consistently make his outside shot he'll be hard to stop. I personally wouldn't take him in the Top 3

Joel Embid - sky's the limit, just watch how mobile he is.

Dante Exum - wish this kid played college ball this year but Aussie school ends December. He's the wildcard, I seen him play at the Hoop Summit and looked like he had a nice first step. Seen YouTube clips of him against Spain and Russia at the U19. The knock I have is did he improve since April at Hoop Summit granted he's playing against no names down under. But having practice time to work on your fundamentals without ESPN hyping you up is a good thing.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Would like to see more game action of Exum. Can't really judge by what i have seen so far.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options

You shut your mouth b Embiid is legit b, He's got the height, some decent footwork and decent touch around the rim and hes young as hell. He's definitely not a stiff like Hasheem Thabeet, he's gonna be a good pro as long as he doesn't come out this year...He's gotta get some polish to his game first.

Cosign pretty much everything else you said, although I still gotta see way more of Aaron Gordon before I get as hype as alot of people are about him.

Gary Harris real as ? too, legit 6th man in the league.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I wanted to make this thread in July but I waited long enough. Plus it's better to have one thread where ? ass teams can post instead of an "official sixers thread" or official "Utah Jazz thread " those are the ? who should get the ? outta here

Whoa their. .....
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What just happened
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Aaron Gordon has no skills whatsoever. Right now he's all motor and athleticism. He's projected to get drafted anywhere from 7 to 23 lol.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaron Gordon has no skills whatsoever. Right now he's all motor and athleticism. He's projected to get drafted anywhere from 7 to 23 lol.

Gordon's post game,handles,passing and jumper is good, watch some Az Wildcat games instead of Hoopmixtape ?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

Gordon's post game,handles,passing and jumper is good, watch some Az Wildcat games instead of Hoopmixtape ?

I've seen him play twice. He's not that nice... yet. Dude is still raw. Jabari has good handles,passing, and post game. Gordon is just bigger stronger and some times faster then his opponents but that ? won't fly in the league.