Hannibal Season 2 (February 28th)

Options
twentyfivelighters
twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I noticed last season the Hannibal thread only got a few pages deep. Is anyone on the IC still checking for Hannibal? One of my favorite shows of 2013. It got addicting to watch. Season 2 premiers in a little over a month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPi4ytN19Ow

If you dare...
hannibal1_zps2d3d0484.jpg

They say the murders will be even more grotesque and the food even better looking. Can't wait. Tension should be high.

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I was literally shocked at how good season 1 was. I jus hope they dont do the "killer/murder of the week" thing every ep. Focus more 1 murder over a few weeks. I will be watchin tho.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love this show. The three leads play their roles very well. Gotta recruit more people to watch/DVR/On Demand it because NBC is going to lose another great show because people don't watch their channel.
  • marc123
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Gotta recruit more people to watch/DVR/On Demand it because NBC is going to lose another great show because people don't watch their channel.

If NBC does cancel it after season 2. Im sure Netflix will pick it up

• S.jR.
    Options
    Damn I hope so.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's the only network TV show I actually watch.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    I've heard that multiple channels are looking to pick it up and let Fuller do his thing if NBC cancels it.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I don't think NBC will let the show go that easily. One of the reasons it was renewed in the first place despite low ratings because they only pay a very small fee for the show. They're not losing any money of their own and they reap the benefits of having a critically acclaimed show with a cult following under their umbrella.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This use to come on the same time Southland was on so I missed out on Seaon1, but I caught 1 episode with the black serial killer and that ep was goat. Since they cancelled Southland(unfortunately)I'll be watching season 2.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    This use to come on the same time Southland was on so I missed out on Seaon1, but I caught 1 episode with the black serial killer and that ep was goat. Since they cancelled Southland(unfortunately)I'll be watching season 2.

That was one of my favorite episodes. Hard to remember all the French cuisine names, though. I think that dude was in two episodes. Did you see the one where Hannibal killed him? The scene where Hannibal had him over for dinner was so intense.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Edited the OP with new trailer.
  • clairvoyance
    Options

That was one of my favorite episodes. Hard to remember all the French cuisine names, though. I think that dude was in two episodes. Did you see the one where Hannibal killed him? The scene where Hannibal had him over for dinner was so intense.

Yea that's the episode that I saw,I dont remember that particular scene mainly cause I was flipping back and forth between southland but I do remember him getting killed. Wasnt that killer a violinist or made violins?
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options

Yea that's the episode that I saw,I dont remember that particular scene mainly cause I was flipping back and forth between southland but I do remember him getting killed. Wasnt that killer a violinist or made violins?

Yes. Worked in the music shop and was very meticulous about strings. He was the one who put the musician from the orchestra on display in the auditorium to attract Hannibal's attention. That was such an elaborate, creepy presentation. I can't believe some of the ? they get away with on NBC.
  • clairvoyance
    Options
    Im about to watch season 1 online.....gotta catch up
  • marc123
    Options
    got damn @ the new trailer. ? looks EPIC!! cant wait

excited-baby.gif
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/31/michael-pitt-hannibal/

Jimmy back
    Michael Pitt is returning to TV in a major role on NBC’s dark thriller Hannibal.
    Pitt is playing the character of Mason Verger, an unstable wealthy patient of Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) who begins a dangerous cat-and-mouse game with the deadly serial killer.
    Pitt was last seen on TV starring in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire as Jimmy Darmody, a character that was shockingly killed off at the end of the second season. He also co-starred in the 2012 film Seven Psychopaths.
    The Mason Verger role will be introduced late in the upcoming second season, which finds FBI profiler Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) in prison, falsely convicted for Lecter’s crimes, while the doctor advises the agency on cases. Gary Oldman previously played an older version of Mason Verger in the 2001 Hannibal film, which is based on Thomas Harris’ Hannibal novel. NBC’s Hannibal timeline precedes the events in the film and is also set before the events in Thomas’ Red Dragon so this is Mason how we’ve never seen him before (a cast description for the role compared him to the way Andrew Scott played Moriarty on Sherlock). Recently, Hannibal also cast Verger’s sister Margo, who is played by Katharine Isabelle (Being Human).
  • marc123
    edited February 2014
    Options
  • marc123
    Options
    Smh. I jus noticed NBC got this airing on friday nites. Not a good sign.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The IC and black ppl are funny with horror,science fiction and fantasy

Since Dexter ended I think hannibal will be a go to show for Dexter fans.True detective is dope too

I think ppl tend to wait until after season 1 to make sure the show will last
  • Broddie
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Smh. I jus noticed NBC got this airing on friday nites. Not a good sign.

Awwww ? they moved it? to the death slot at that?

Thank ? for DVR.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Mads Mikkelsen is such a good actor.

Has anyone seen The Hunt? I'd recommend it if you can stomach foreign films with subtitles.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Mads Mikkelsen is such a good actor.

Has anyone seen The Hunt? I'd recommend it if you can stomach foreign films with subtitles.

Ever seen Valhalla Rising? he does so much with no dialogue at all it's simply mind blowing. Amazing actor.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    If Hell On Wheels can see a ratings increase moving from Sunday to Saturday. Hopefully this one can gain some traction moving to Friday. Either way ill have it DVR'ed.
  • marc123
    Options
    Couple mo days. Im hyped.