The Official Freddie Gibbs & Madlib Album Discussion (3.18)

Options

Comments

• KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im walking to the crib bumpin this joint right now, again. Str8 ? my G's. This joint got me wondering how Pac would sound over Madlib beats.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to cop this
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Its also 10 years this year Madlib released this album with another rapper ..

CS141603-01A-BIG.jpg

My 12 year old daughter digs Madvillian lol
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is dope af...idk if I can bring myself to say its >>>bfk but it's up there tho
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Which y'all think is better...this or doom's jawn?...
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word right now idk if it's >>>BFK but it's definitely equal atleast
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That skit where he sings a distorted version of 'Waterfalls' had me rolling .. .
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
    dude seems wack to me??
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally got the chance to cruise around and give this album a listen. ? is really dope. Definitely my favorite release so far this year. Havent heard a whole lot from gibbs besides some features but he goes great with some Madlib beats.

That diss to jeezy was mean and that beat was ? ill too. Definitely gonna have this on repeat for awhile. Hope they work together more in the future.
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    flacofitz wrote: »
    Which y'all think is better...this or doom's jawn?...

To early to call it, but give it some time and I could see this being my personal favorite Madlib produced tape
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album sounds like a Blaxploitation movie on wax .. Old school but sounds quite modern

Things are really fitting in for me ..

Madlib coming over here in April. Copping tickets tonite with immediate effect
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Album sounds like a Blaxploitation movie on wax .. Old school but sounds quite modern

Exactly what I thought. This is the best put together album I heard this year so far. Gibbs sounds great on madlib tracks n he spit like he had something to prove. This is his best album 2 me so far. The cohesion of it being just lib beats n how the skits n songs tie the ? together nicely.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally decided to listen to the whole thing yesterday and this ? it's great. The first half is better than the 2nd but it's only slightly. I enjoyed almost every song. I still can't find a download for this though
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

http://youtu.be/vbxcPy1qJTU

Aiight... So this joint is right behind CyHi for project of the year so far. Gotta give it a 4-4.5.

bout it off the strength of that thuggin song. always heard good things but never listened...

been to gary a couple times jus to buy some fireworks.....and yall think Detroit is a ? .....sheesh!

but homie a lyricist forreal
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I'm bout to cop this ? off iTunes ....y'all ? better not be over gassin this ? up
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Gibbs should be on everyones CURRENT top 10
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? better than bfk imo
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »

I don't know about that bruh .... I was listening to it my first time and I just can't see it

I like madlibs production on here but I feel like the lack of that hard drum sound doesn't really showcase Gibbs in the best way he can be showcased IMO .... I like the more agressive hitting ? for Gibbs that we got on BFK to be honest ...but that's me ...this light ? is coo (and it's a testament to Gibbs dexterity as a artist to flex on this production) but I like that knocking production for him better ...a whole album of smooth ? don't impact me the same way
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^i can understand that BFK was full of bangers this is a smooth album not really any "bangers" on this.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    doesnt sound like he was trying to make any bangers...
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know about that bruh .... I was listening to it my first time and I just can't see it

I like madlibs production on here but I feel like the lack of that hard drum sound doesn't really showcase Gibbs in the best way he can be showcased IMO .... I like the more agressive hitting ? for Gibbs that we got on BFK to be honest ...but that's me ...this light ? is coo (and it's a testament to Gibbs dexterity as a artist to flex on this production) but I like that knocking production for him better ...a whole album of smooth ? don't impact me the same way

This one requires multiple spins, imo. I, too, was a little disappointed the first time having some of the same criticism, but after more plays it has become my favorite Gibbs project (for now anyway, a little early to be completly sure). His pen game is better than on any other project, and the beats are a great suit for him, once you get used to the very different sound compared to what he usually use
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Definitely Clear.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Definitely Clear.

thats not a bad thing though.....he's shown he could do that. Was Pinata some next level ? , nah.....but was it a well put together project....hell yeah....I think it just helps him in the long run....gain some listeners who might not have ? with him before.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

This one requires multiple spins, imo. I, too, was a little disappointed the first time having some of the same criticism, but after more plays it has become my favorite Gibbs project (for now anyway, a little early to be completly sure). His pen game is better than on any other project, and the beats are a great suit for him, once you get used to the very different sound compared to what he usually use

I'm definitely going to bump it some more ...I mean I like the project a lot don't get mean wrong ... ? is fire and I had a feeling it would be a little more chill based on the leaked songs and the ep's the two have dropped ...I just think he sounds better over that ? with some kick to it

Like I think "thuggin" probably the dopest song on here and I don't think it's a coincidence that that track got the hardest feel to it in regards to the percussion and the bass
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Definitely Clear.

thats not a bad thing though.....he's shown he could do that. Was Pinata some next level ? , nah.....but was it a well put together project....hell yeah....I think it just helps him in the long run....gain some listeners who might not have ? with him before.

Nah like dont get me wrong I'm not saying its a bad thing at all ... I like the ? ...and like I said I think this speaks to just how dope dude is that he can rock on this type of production and still ? ? ...I'm just saying I think he sounds iller over that ? with the extra kick on it like going back and listening again my favorite joints off this are tracks like

Harold's
    Thuggin
    Uno
    Shitsville

Those joints either got a hard bass line or the drums knock