Fair or Foul? - Religious owned businesses can refuse service to homosexuals

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's wrong.... Just like a business refusing me cuz I'm black.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people fight for more ? rights than they do for their own damn rights. That ? is mind boggling. Like ? just came about in 2012.

Give it a rest. And it's funny that the TS always look for a way to slight religion but this maphuka believes in aliens.

There's just too many dumb ? in the world with kids.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Saying you support the right to refuse is basicaly like saying you supported segregation.

No problem with segregation...it was the unequal treatment tht was the problem
    Yeah because you can be treated equally in that environment. ? are dumb.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saying you support the right to refuse is basicaly like saying you supported segregation.

Separate but equal
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All you gotta do is not act like a ? . It's not like when you go to the door, the waiter ask if your a ? or not. The same rules should apply in public, stop acting like a ? ? , we don't care what you do with yourself behind closed doors.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I got a pretty conflicted view on this

I think for all govt facilities/services, it should be illegal to discriminate against majority of citizens

but private companies should have the right to discriminate amongst who they choose to serve

however, private companies should not be allowed to discriminate in who they hire in most cases...ironic situation I know but there is a reason why I believe this

customers should feel stupid tho for fighting for the right to give their money to someone who disdains them....I'll never understand that submissive logic

private companies who unethically discriminate will eventually fail if citizens really believe in equality
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't saying they shouldn't be accepted but them ? need to control the breaks on the estrogen levels.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Separate but equal

There's no such thing.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

I think for all govt facilities/services, it should be illegal to discriminate against majority of citizens

but private companies should have the right to discriminate amongst who they choose to serve

however, private companies should not be allowed to discriminate in who they hire in most cases...ironic situation I know but there is a reason why I believe this

customers should feel stupid tho for fighting for the right to give their money to someone who disdains them....I'll never understand that submissive logic

private companies who unethically discriminate will eventually fail if citizens really believe in equality

I understand the bold, but in some cases it's often simply about fighting for the option to do something. Even if someone doesn't want to do something, they don't want to be told they can't do it without even having the option to say whether they want to or not.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if the ? craccas be this busy fighting for ? rights on they forums. Doubt it, nobody fights like a housenigga
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently, it was actually passed.

Now, one pizza business has a response

1901238_715662905188082_998469036_n.jpg
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Apparently, it was actually passed.

Now, one pizza business has a response

1901238_715662905188082_998469036_n.jpg

like they would really care...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Cosign uptown, vibe, and r.d.

Most of the rest of you are ? .
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    All you gotta do is not act like a ? . It's not like when you go to the door, the waiter ask if your a ? or not. The same rules should apply in public, stop acting like a ? ? , we don't care what you do with yourself behind closed doors.

Nobody has to act a certain way if they are a part of a couple and seeking some kind of service that is usually provided to couples.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this law wont pass. the governor will veto it.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

obama-black-president.jpg

i don't think so...
  • soul rattler
    Options

She's expected to sign it. She a Republican after all.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never cared what people do behind close doors. But you can't force people to like you or accept you. It's our human right to choose who we call friends and associate with. Rather black or white or blue.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I never cared what people do behind close doors. But you can't force people to like you or accept you. It's our human right to choose who we call friends and associate with. Rather black or white or blue.

Sexuality, by itself, doesn't define you anymore than your ethnicity, nationality, or favorite sports team.

Legislation approved discrimination is why the country has the problems it has
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? law while Homosexuality ? disgust me they still deserve basic rights. Just another reason why Religion is ? . They used it to justify lots of ? /foul things in the past so not shocked by this.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I understand the bold, but in some cases it's often simply about fighting for the option to do something. Even if someone doesn't want to do something, they don't want to be told they can't do it without even having the option to say whether they want to or not.

agreed but it's still stupid to try to fight to give your hard earned money to someone who doesn't want it

that's like me trying to force my way into to being served at a restaurant being run by white supremacists......how dumb do I look eating there and giving up my money to be served potentially ruined food

at least if we force anti-discrimination hiring laws, folks can at least sue for hiring discrimination

but LOL at getting mad at not having the opportunity to give a racist your money
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Sexuality, by itself, doesn't define you anymore than your ethnicity, nationality, or favorite sports team.

Legislation approved discrimination is why the country has the problems it has
    you acting like every private company is gonna be against ? ....
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    ? law while Homosexuality ? disgust me they still deserve basic rights. Just another reason why Religion is ? . They used it to justify lots of ? /foul things in the past so not shocked by this.

then you should be forced 2 read the bible... Karan.. and Torah... and before you say "no" thats bullshyt or "why" u will understand why these companies feel the way they do about having 2 serve somebody they dont want 2...

btw im all for equality.. but it should not be "forced" it should be genuine..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obviously foul smh @ this Russia ?