Any motorcycle heads?

Options
124»

Comments

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Y'all be careful on these bikes. I had a homie die tonight on one and another earlier this year

I must be an idiot because I know two people who have seriously ? themselves up on bikes in my time, yet I've decided this year that I want to learn and get my motorbike licence. General biker opinion is that accidents tend to be due to bad drivers.

You only live once bruh and I refuse to live afraid. You can get ? falling off a motorcycle just as easily as you can get ? up slipping on soap in the shower. I know someone whose life was permanently altered by slipping on soap in the shower. If I gotta be ? up like that give me a bike. You can keep the soap.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    About to cop my first bike. Flipping between 250 and the 300. Copping gear too

250cc or 300cc and you might as well get a scooter.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I think if you are looking at a first sports bike Honda CBR500/600 are a good start...
  • skpjr78
    Options

Yeah, I think if you are looking at a first sports bike Honda CBR500/600 are a good start...

anything less than a 600 is a waste of time and money
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »

Not really, to get around town, especially European towns with smaller roads they can be handy to commute with... Plus zipping around on Mopeds is quite fun...
  • skpjr78
    Options

Not really, to get around town, especially European towns with smaller roads they can be handy to commute with... Plus zipping around on Mopeds is quite fun...

Mopeds =/= real bikes. Try again
  • water ur seeds
    edited February 2017
    Options

What are you on about??? What does that mean??? Mopeds are what we call scooters... I dont own one, I got a Harley and had superbikes, but Ive ridden scooters on holiday and friends ones when we where 16... Schitt even Lewis Hamilton gets round on one in Monte Carlo...
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You know scooters come with 600cc+ motors, right? BMW, Suzuki, Honda, and a few other companies make scooters like that these days. IIRC the biggest I've seen was 670cc on a Honda.
  • skpjr78
    Options
    Lol at comparing a scooter to a sport bike. Even if they have similar engine displacement a scooter and a cbr are not the same. They are 2 totally different types of machines that were built to do 2 totally different things. The Z06 'vette and the caddy cts both use the exact same engine but they are completely and totally 2 different machines. Lol at thinking that a scooter with a larger engine is anything other than a scooter. As I said earlier mopeds =/= sport bikes. Try again.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Im not sure what the debate about scooters and bikes has got to here lol All I said was scooters arnt wack if you have a purpose for them, i.e commuting in towns like London or in Italy were they have a cult following, especially Vespas... Like I said even Lewis Hamilton commutes on one in Monaco or wherever hes at these days...

Ive never had one, but Ive zip around on a couple 125 and 250's on holiday etc and they are quite fun... Though I wouldnt bother buying one personally...

My first sports bike was a CBR600 before I got a Fireblade, if you were to get straight onto a Blade or GSXR after passing your test you would probably end up killing yourself, a the dude who taught me said one of his old students killed himself jumping straight onto in a 1000c Ninja trying to keep up with some other experienced riders... A 500/600cc Sportsbike is a perfect first sports bike imo...

Each to their own though I guess...
  • skpjr78
    Options
    Im not sure what the debate about scooters and bikes has got to here lol All I said was scooters arnt wack if you have a purpose for them, i.e commuting in towns like London or in Italy were they have a cult following, especially Vespas... Like I said even Lewis Hamilton commutes on one in Monaco or wherever hes at these days...

Ive never had one, but Ive zip around on a couple 125 and 250's on holiday etc and they are quite fun... Though I wouldnt bother buying one personally...

My first sports bike was a CBR600 before I got a Fireblade, if you were to get straight onto a Blade or GSXR after passing your test you would probably end up killing yourself, a the dude who taught me said one of his old students killed himself jumping straight onto in a 1000c Ninja trying to keep up with some other experienced riders... A 500/600cc Sportsbike is a perfect first sports bike imo...

Each to their own though I guess...

I totally agree with the bolded. 600 is the perfect beginners bike. I personally wouldn't start out on a 750. Starting on a liter bike is straight suicide.
  • skpjr78
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just added a new slip on to the Fireblade. This ? sound good as ? and shes running even stronger. The engine can breath now and it's much more responsive. I saved about 15 lbs of weight by removing that big, heavy, ugly ass stock pos. That ? weighed 19 lbs and the new slip on weighs about 3. The size and weight difference between the 2 is crazy to look at and its immediately noticeable when riding. ? was fast as ? already but after losing about 15 lbs and breathing better ? just insane now.

zxuo0u6tklk4.jpg
    96aslya68yts.jpg

• skpjr78
    edited April 2017
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Anybody have any info on tires? I need a rear. I got 4k miles out of a Bridgestone Battlax that came stock on the bike. It's a sport bike but i dont ride extremely hard. I've been up to the mountains but the rest of my miles have been on the highway. Im not a stunter or a racer even though I frequently open it up on I-20. Im trying to determine which tires to get. No need for the hyper sports. They are great for speed and performance but they dont last very long. Im not a track guy so I dont see the need for them. Im thinking of going with the sports touring line. Anybody ever run those on a sport bike? If so how did it work? Where can I get a good price on tires?

The continental conti are a good tire day to day

Michelin pilots are pretty much go to classics
    ... personal favorites

Pirelli Diablo are solid but burn up quick
    Dunlop road smart.....heat up quick and stay sticky ....

I'm mad that maxxis stopped making sport bike tires .... them joints was rock solid

Just put a set a Continental Motion tires on last week. They're sport touring tires which means I should get a lot more miles out of them then I got out of the sport tires and by all accounts they're pretty good tires. I got a crazy price of $180 for the set brand new. I was going to buy a single rear for $160 until I ran across that sale in a cycle gear catalog. I think now they're running a similar sale on Michelin's now if I'm not mistaken
  • skpjr78
    Options
    anybody going to myrtle beach?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    w9k60j.jpg
    w9k60j.jpg
    Moms is trying to unload her bike for 2k.