Create Your Own Label Tournament Round Semifinals - Winner: New Money Ent. 3 - 0

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its not going any way, i have no certain motive to vote for sion or against u, and yes i see beyonce lasting, i said that in the paragraph, but i was talkin about the particular album, moreso than the artists, a beyonce/gaga pop album seems microwavable imo
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Theyve sold millions and won multiple grammys on both of the collabs theyve done lol

U good tho fam, Ima fallback for the rest of the match lol

tumblr_m9s06d0Ex31rbrlneo1_400.gif
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited February 2014
    Options
    yea theyve sold, the topic was longevity, who still bumping those collabs tho
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arrogance is a terrible quality to possess.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Ignorance is worse, this ? said The Weeknd got platinum plaques lmaooo
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? going at judges necks though lolololol jp

but forreal this match up is really close and if you really broke down artist by artist we could definetly see a surprise outcome.
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    what really hurts motion picture is sion releasing a lil Wayne ep aany advantage you had with Wayne is thrown out the window. sion is the Goat politicer and who i try to model my game after nh
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    Ignorance is worse, this ? said The Weeknd got platinum plaques lmaooo

"The Weeknd "Trilogy" Goes Platinum

http://hiphop-n-more.com/2013/05/the-weeknds-trilogy-certified-platinum/
    Abel Tesfaye aka The Weeknd has tasted huge success early on in his career. The Canadian singer released his compilation album Trilogy in November last year which featured remastered versions of his 3 hit mixtapes, House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence along with 3 brand new cuts. The very next month, Trilogy was certified Gold by the RIAA for shipping in excess of 500k copies.

But that doesn’t tell the entire story. The album was released in 3 discs with total running time of over 100 minutes. This meant that the RIAA counted each unit within the set as one unit toward certification so all actual sales of the set get tripled for counting purposes. It’s still a solid achievement. He’s also said to be working on his real debut album slated to release this year.

UPDATE: The album is now platinum after selling in excess of 333k copies. Congrats to him and the team.

Record Month For RIAA Digital Awards

http://www.riaa.com/newsitem.php?content_selector=riaa-news-gold-and-platinum&news_month_filter=6&news_year_filter=2013&id=EE58FB59-98D3-423E-E1F4-EA274533B3B4
    The RIAA awarded Republic Records rapper The Weeknd with his first Platinum album for “Trilogy” (2013). The Toronto raised act also earned his first Gold single in May for “Wicked Games.”

860%20-%20animated_macro%20autoplay_gif%20david_otunga%20gif%20wwe%20you_mad.gif
  • _Goldie_
    edited February 2014
    Options
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    I knew that ? seemed funny, ? THOSE ARE FOR DIGITAL SINGLES/STREAMS NOT ALBUMS

I knew that ? never went platinum, gtfoh with that ?
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its 1 of 5 ............still have 4 more people sounds like you making of why you lost way to early. Wait until everyone voted then state your claim
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    I just didnt think the ? made sense, but youre right. I done heard erething from the weeknd is a platinum sellin artist to beyonce wont be lastin long lol Im done talkin for the rest of the match.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I knew that ? seemed funny, ? THOSE ARE FOR DIGITAL SINGLES/STREAMS NOT ALBUMS

I knew that ? never went platinum, gtfoh with that ?

LOL at this ? nitpicking now
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    These judges just don't care no mo
    @_Menace_‌ Come on fam, stop instigating. No disrespect but you're not even in the game anymore so it shouldn't even matter to you. Only people that should be worried are @sion and @dariddler because it's their match. They care way more than the rest of the posters that be in the reason.

revEvvO.gif
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    what really hurts motion picture is sion releasing a lil Wayne ep aany advantage you had with Wayne is thrown out the window. sion is the Goat politicer and who i try to model my game after nh

Yea that was a good move, but at the same time I have a wayne lp and the wayne/ross album. Not to mention the gaga and kanye albums lol. If you really break the ? down, i trump him in just about every category. And a asap and schoolboy q album being considered a weak link is comical.
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @da riddler I don't see what's wrong with peezy's vote tbh. It was close, he barely picked @sion 2 - 1.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Dayum @ what transpired....

Beggars can't be choosers Riddler. I feel like I should have gotten acclaim and definitely cohesion too but you dont see me trying to ? ? over it LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Yo it's just a game come on man. Let the judges breathe SMMFH.

Some ? has been said during these games that cant be taken back.

LOL
  • SuperSoaker
    Options

Yea that was a good move, but at the same time I have a wayne lp and the wayne/ross album. Not to mention the gaga and kanye albums lol. If you really break the ? down, i trump him in just about every category. And a asap and schoolboy q album being considered a weak link is comical.

yeah but sion did his lil wayne ep with birdman. you can say what you want about birdman as a rapper but that cohesion mix is better than rozay weezy.

still that Kanye andre joint is probably the best in this match.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    lol its like u not even reading my posts
    I just didnt think the ? made sense, but youre right. I done heard erething from the weeknd is a platinum sellin artist to beyonce wont be lastin long lol Im done talkin for the rest of the match.
    i think there is a good mix of those on MPM's roster, those like beyonce or wayne who have been around a while who can provide anthems that may carry them a few years longer

if i had to choose a possible weak link on both sides it maybe the birdman/wayne collab and the asap/sbq collab, but that doesnt mean that they are bad albums

theres no bias and at the end of the day whether its seems like nitpicking on small details, or seeing big details, i got to determine a winner, unless u want every round to be a tie? ur team was nice, but sions was just nicer in this round
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao my ? ain't taking that game one lost sitting down....I thought peezy vote was the deciding vote for the round come to find out is just the first vote....
  • _Menace_
    Options
    I aint mad lol, just callin the bs out. I did the same thing when menace tried to pull that ? on ibex. If you wanna vote for the other sqaud then cool , but dont ? me.

Pulled what? I gave that man his props and gave him some votes in different categories it's not like I gave sion a clean sweep.
  • GovernmentCheese
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Future sales: @Da Riddler wins in this category imo, there's more artist on there with the ability to bring in a lot of sales with the releases he dropped. Beyonce and Lady Gaga have great chemistry on songs and I can imagine them carrying a whole album together well. The album will sell like hot cakes. Kanye West and 3 stacks would be a dream collab album come true for many fans out there. Alicia Keys is a star and @sion did great with her album but Beyonce is on another level. Her solo album that has her going back to her H Town roots will fly off the shelves. Riddler did a good job here in mixing the game with how the artist currently sound in real life. I can imagine B dropping this album because this is how her music currently sounds. For sion, The Wu can't compete with MPM if we're talking future sales.

Vote: Motion Picture Muzik

Future critical acclaim: If we're talking future accolades and classics, I will definitely have to go with a tie here. Not only based on the albums but current status. Both labels will be dropping classics. Asap Rocky is just getting started, Live. Love. ASAP & Long. Live. ASAP both received accolades from many critics. 3 stacks solo and collab album with Ye will most likely end up classics. Beyonce and Gaga will live up to the hype, the two will not disappoint their fans. You can also never count Lil Wayne out when it comes to critical acclaim and future sales. He has a deep fan base and is great entertainer. When he's on his A game, him releasing a classic is highly possible. I also feel Joe Budden can do well in this category, it's not about sales...it's about classics. His Mood Muzik series is critically acclaimed, his fans like when he release that emo type music. The "Hangover" sounds like vintage Joe. Even Rick Ross does his thing in this category. On Sion's side, Alicia Keys and Quincy together will be nothing but a classic. Ghostface albums always receive accolades and awards and the Wu together will bring in the die hard fans and critics will definitely appreciate the released by New Money Ent.

Vote: Tie

Longevity: I'm going with @sion here. Both labels are filled with experience and longevity but I also think both labels are filled with artist that may not be around for long as well. The Wu Tang members brings experience to the table but aren't as active as before. Ghost Face still be doing his thing but that doesn't mean, the other members will be holding it down for years. I can't imagine that, the same goes for Sade. On Riddler's side, I don't trust 3 stacks in this category, fans are even lucky they got a collab album from him. I also can't see think Meek Mill keeping himself relevant for years. Based on current status, he hasn't really lived up to expectations. Despite big flaws from both labels in this category, I think both will be able to stick around for a while.

Vote: Tie

Album covers/tracklist - The only category where I feel somebody easily one. That somebody is @Sion. Both did a good with the tracklist. Sion did a good job with adding RZA and Ye to that Nicki Minaj track that features Ghost & The Chef. Without Ye & RZA, I would not find that track believable at all. Riddler did a great job with Beyonce's album. That Beyonce and Asap Rocky collab is genius and creative, it fits the H Town theme of the album. New Money Ent. is just too much in the album covers category though.

Vote: New Money Ent.

Cohesion - I think MPM roster is underrated tbh and shines bright in this category. He would've benefited from getting Jadakiss though. The 3stacks and Ye collab is thinking outside of the box instead of going for the predictable Outkast reunion. Both Sub Labels are also cohesive. Sion's sub label needs more artist though. The schoolboy Q & Asap collab is also dope. For some reason, MPM looks a little more cluttered. You look at Sion's label and you can automatically tell what his identity is. A Toronto themed label with The Wu. Every artist fits on both labels but I feel that every artist is important on Sion's label while I think MPM don't really need Joe Budden and Styles P. Because of that, I'm going with @Sion‌

Vote: New Money Ent.

My vote goes to @Sion New Money Ent. 2 - 1 out of 5 categories. Great underrated matchup. I had a hard time choosing the better label but the Album cover/tracklist category was the deciding factor for me.
  • GovernmentCheese
    edited February 2014
    Options
    @sion is now up 2 - 0, best of 5.
  • SuperSoaker
    Options
    inb4 riddler goes at cheeses neck and credibility
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options