No. 2 Chicago Curie forfeits season

Options
2»

Comments

• purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    You gotta try hard as ? to get under a 2.0 in high school...
    especially taking all regular/joke ass classes
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    hold up .... cats didnt even have a 2.0??

were the text books in chinese??
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Word to Antonio Cromartie

ESPN’s Outside the Lines did a lengthy investigation into the role of academics in Florida State’s football program, and the report that ran on ESPN Sunday morning singled out one former Seminole, Antonio Cromartie, as a player who particularly struggled academically when he was on campus.

The Outside the Lines report quoted a former teammate and classmate of Cromartie’s as saying that Cromartie’s reading level was so low that he could only read a word or two every minute.

A word or two every minute? lol foh
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

ESPN’s Outside the Lines did a lengthy investigation into the role of academics in Florida State’s football program, and the report that ran on ESPN Sunday morning singled out one former Seminole, Antonio Cromartie, as a player who particularly struggled academically when he was on campus.

The Outside the Lines report quoted a former teammate and classmate of Cromartie’s as saying that Cromartie’s reading level was so low that he could only read a word or two every minute.

A word or two every minute? lol foh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPKK0DGKWIo
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Telling y'all this a conspiracy .

I hear what you saying. Every city got those Magnet/private powerhouse high schools that recruit out of the hood and always get away with ? that regular hood schools don't.

Just in the last 20 years my hood has produced at least 20 NFL and NBA players and only like 2 actually went to the neighborhood school because they were being "recruited" as far back as middle school.

And a lot of those nikkas I remember them struggle-reading in class in elementary and middle school. You know - when the teacher make them read out loud and they skipping over commas and periods - pointing at the text with their fingers, squinting at the book like a Korean driver, etc.

Nikkas that I knew were dumber than dirt but somehow getting into private schools and Magnet schools and staying eligible while reading and writing on a 4th grade level. foh.

Just the way it is.

The bold made me think back to the 5th grade when were reading in class. We were reading about combustion, and this ? was struggling the whole time and I was in class almost dying at how he said, "combustion". Every time he said it, I almost busted out laughing lmao.

Com-BUST-chun. I'm crying right now at this flashback lmao.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

a word or 2 a minute lol
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »

I hear what you saying. Every city got those Magnet/private powerhouse high schools that recruit out of the hood and always get away with ? that regular hood schools don't.

Just in the last 20 years my hood has produced at least 20 NFL and NBA players and only like 2 actually went to the neighborhood school because they were being "recruited" as far back as middle school.

And a lot of those nikkas I remember them struggle-reading in class in elementary and middle school. You know - when the teacher make them read out loud and they skipping over commas and periods - pointing at the text with their fingers, squinting at the book like a Korean driver, etc.

Nikkas that I knew were dumber than dirt but somehow getting into private schools and Magnet schools and staying eligible while reading and writing on a 4th grade level. foh.

Just the way it is.

The bold made me think back to the 5th grade when were reading in class. We were reading about combustion, and this ? was struggling the whole time and I was in class almost dying at how he said, "combustion". Every time he said it, I almost busted out laughing lmao.

If pregnancy is the #1 cause of hood female drop-outs -- the above gotta be in the top 3 for males.

I've seen nikkas disappear after gettin clowned for their reading. A couple fights too. lol

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shout out to those teachers though all too often either willingly or by pressure they give kids a bogus passing grade
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't surprise me at all. And Currie was never recognized as a basketball powerhouse. And big Cliff was killing that game too
  • ckfree
    Options
    lol @ cps seemingly having more stringent rules than ihsa

theyre gonna be allowed to play for state and big cliff is said to be one of the 9 eligible

thats cool though

alexander}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}jah
  • So ILL
    edited March 2014
    Options

Just the way it is.

If pregnancy is the #1 cause of hood female drop-outs -- the above gotta be in the top 3 for males.

I've seen nikkas disappear after gettin clowned for their reading. A couple fights too. lol

Yeah, 'ol boy was always on some dumb ? ? growing up, I even got into it with him a couple of times. He's in prison right now for killing somebody, I bet it's because he got clowned for something simple.

• greenwood1921
    edited March 2014
    Options

Just the way it is.

Yeah, 'ol boy was always on some dumb ? ? growing up, I even got into it with him a couple of times. He's in prison right now for killing somebody, I bet it's because he got clowned for something simple.

Damn son. Could've been you. You know the walls in his prison cell got your name scribbled all over it right...

...Right?

Better hope he don't get parole. You gon be shook like Martin when Mad Dogg No Good got out. lol
  • So ILL
    edited March 2014
    Options

Just the way it is.

Damn son. Could've been you. You know the walls in his prison cell got your name scribbled all over it right...

...Right?

Better hope he don't get parole. You gon be shook like Martin when Mad Dogg No Good got out. lol

Hell if it would've been me, we haven't had problems since the beginning of high school. I've been learned to distance myself from ? like that because they ain't never on ? . I spoke to him a few weeks before he did what he did and it was all cool. And it's crazy because I was actually on my way home when it happened. I still remember a thousand cops flying past me at 1am trying to get to where they were at smh.

And even if he does make parole and want to get revenge on me for clowning him when we were 10, he isn't even eligible until, like, 2060 smh. So, yeah--that ? is gone.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hoop dreams the sequel
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Just the way it is.

...Right?

Hell if it would've been me, we haven't had problems since the beginning of high school. I've been learned to distance myself from ? like that because they ain't never on ? . I spoke to him a few weeks before he did what he did and it was all cool. And it's crazy because I was actually on my way home when it happened. I still remember a thousand cops flying past me at 1am trying to get to where they were at smh.

And even if he does make parole and want to get revenge on me for clowning him when we were 10, he isn't even eligible until, like, 2060 smh. So, yeah--that ? is gone.

2060?? Got damn. ? a football number, they gave that nikka a basketball camp number...

blogcarac-709188.jpg
  • ckfree
    Options
    ? dusable you mfers you
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand that is is basketball but I just saw this

Bh-cCv-IMAAlzHi.jpg
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn a 2.0. You have to be literally doing nothing to get a 2.0. You know they got to be in some remedial classes basic general studies and still struggling. That starts from the top though the principal on down, they counting the game check money, ? a study.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? retards, they'll blame everyone but their ? damn self
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In chicago public schools a 2.0 is like a .5 in the suburbs/catholic schools.