Christian black people are lowkey ?

Options
THOT PILGRIM
THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in R & R (Religion and Race)
How you subscribe to a religion that was forced on your ancestors by whites and used to justify the enslavement of your people for centuries?

Talk about it bible thumping ?

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm pretty sure christianity was in africa way before slavery though.....
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Man this thread was gon do numbers lol
  • Dupac
    Options
    infact i'm pretty sure it was in africa before it was in europe
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are ? and they downright talk ? about voodun ifa/santeria and other african spiritual systems, but want to use some Western Asian copycat religion system. If the bible was to presented for a grade it would get an F in plagarism.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    1. I grew up going to a predominantly black church with self knowledge that Caucasians were not from North Africa where the original Ysraelites migrated to when the Persians and Northern Europeans took over Babylon nor do I believe that white people have hair like wool and tan skin. I don't watch white pastors preach cause 99% of them are controlled by the government to expand the false knowledge of a white Jesus and corruption plus their ancestors were responsible for removing books from the bible.

2. Don't really think our culture would have been any much better off if we stayed in Africa under a totalitarian type government that believed in enslaving us and selling us in the triangle slave trade to another culture while other cultures were already in fear of any race that's not white. We would have eventually been blown off the map as America is doing with the middle-east so that they can extract all the oil and gold from us and label us as terrorist so ? saved us cause our ancestors are the original Ysraelites.

3. Christians were being persecuted and murdered in Africa.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    infact i'm pretty sure it was in africa before it was in europe

This kind of shuts down the entire thread
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Egypt and Ethopia. Not in the other part of Africa until the portoguese arrived.
  • Dupac
    Options
    i ain't gonna quote scripture, but it's pointed out quite a few times towards the new testament that anyone ? uses the word to manipulate their own purposes is pretty much gonna catch it in the end....

i say that to say just because people have through history used the bible as a tool to justify their own agenda's doesn't mean the bible itself is to blame.....

that burden and those sins rests on the shoulders of those individual alone....

not an entire people
  • THOT PILGRIM
    Options
    1. I grew up going to a predominantly black church with self knowledge that Caucasians were not from North Africa where the original Ysraelites migrated to when the Persians and Northern Europeans took over Babylon nor do I believe that white people have hair like wool and tan skin. I don't watch white pastors preach cause 99% of them are controlled by the government to expand the false knowledge of a white Jesus and corruption plus their ancestors were responsible for removing books from the bible.

And most black pastors want your tithes and offerings.
    2. Don't really think our culture would have been any much better off if we stayed in Africa under a totalitarian type government that believed in enslaving us and selling us in the triangle slave trade to another culture while other cultures were already in fear of any race that's not white. We would have eventually been blown off the map as America is doing with the middle-east so that they can extract all the oil and gold from us and label us as terrorist so ? saved us cause our ancestors are the original Ysraelites.

Word? So thank ? for ? ?
    Your point?
  • THOT PILGRIM
    Options
    Yall dancing around the fact that your religion was instrumental in ? over your people
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Guns were instrumental to ? over people, does that mean guns should be rejected?

White people who oppressed black people ate bread. Boycott bread!
  • Dupac
    Options
    Yall dancing around the fact that your religion was instrumental in ? over your people

can't blame the word though.....

plus the word teaches us to love and forgive our enemies regardless....so you ain't gonna anger anyone here

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And most black pastors want your tithes and offerings.

Word? So thank ? for ? ?
    Your point?
    Egypt and Ethopia. Not in the other part of Africa until the portoguese arrived.

bruh-man-martin.gif

Eh bruh, ? y'all ? .

tumblr_mnue5l4Anm1r986t6o1_400.gif

I'm out
  • THOT PILGRIM
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Guns were instrumental to ? over people, does that mean guns should be rejected?

White people who oppressed black people ate bread. Boycott bread!

For a ? so well read about Socratees and Playtoe I'd expect a better argument outta you

This issue is culturally significant to blacks because our people tend to hold Christianity in high regard

Many blacks believe that they should hold onto Christianity because it gave the slaves hope

When it reality it was used by whites to justify enslavement and mistreatment. It was also used to keep Blacks believing that if they held on, Jesus was gonna save them from slavery instead of rising up and liberating themselves. Many Christian ? spirituals were based on the belief that dying a faithful Christian slave was good because you get to see Jesus in the end. ? up way to keep your slaves in line: break them down so bad mentally that they'd rather die in captivity than free themselves.

Now what the ? does that have to do with guns?
  • Dupac
    Options
    we shall overcome
  • LUClEN
    Options
    For someone who wants to pull philosophy out in an argument I'd expect you to avoid the genetic fallacy. If you can't see how the fallaciousness of the two arguments I put forth are comparable to that in your initial qualm just say so.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    It just a reality to make you look at the doctrine that you are in. Research the history, culture, and people. If you at least can't do that than you want to be ignorant.
  • Dupac
    Options
    just because someone goes to war in the name of ? doesn't mean they're right.

and it's not on us to pass judgement.....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure christianity was in africa way before slavery though.....

WRONG!
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ethiopia is one of the oldest Christian nations and Christianity wasn't spread only because of slavery. But I guess this smart/dumb ? conveniently disregarded that or just didn't know. But carry on with your ignorance.
  • THOT PILGRIM
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    For someone who wants to pull philosophy out in an argument I'd expect you to avoid the genetic fallacy. If you can't see how the fallaciousness of the two arguments I put forth are comparable to that in your initial qualm just say so.

genetic fallacies can be true, particularly when the merit of the issue is discussed.

The merit of Christianity and Black people:

-Black Christian women are more likely to have children that they can't afford to care for because of religious convictions, thus perpetuating poverty
    -Black people tithe faithfully and generously but remain financially behind
    -Black churches claim to be pillars of the community but the communities that they are located in are usually poverty and crime stricken, and they haven't done much to change the communities that surround them
    -Christianity perpetuates homophobia

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this ? beat me to it.

Before I even participate.

@Thot

How much of the bible have you personally read and tried to understand before making accusations?

How much do you know about the history of ancient Israel?