How you dress speaks a lot about you?

Options
McGeeAKey
McGeeAKey Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in Fashion Forward
is it true when it comes to finding your mate how she/he dresses shows a promising relationship among you two?

do you really think clothes make the man/woman??

why do people judge base on the interior and not a person's character?

anybody can dress sharp,smell good,look nice but does their character matches?

ive seen women and men fall for the'everything shiny aint gold trap'

theyve dated etc...then when they got to know the person behind the clothes he/she was a total different person.

do any of you judge people base on how they dress and look?

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The way you dress speaks volumes about you, and not just in terms of finding a mate. Keep in mind though, a simple tshirt and plain jeans can still be worn with style.

I personally prefer to dress more formally (a polo shirt tucked in with slacks and loafers is my "bumming it" outfit) but no matter what your look is, you should pull it off well or you look sloppy. For most people, they don't pay attention to how their clothes fit and they present a bad image of themselves for it.
  • McGeeAKey
    edited July 2010
    Options
    but how a person dresses isnt the person within,you can dress sharp everyday but you are a low down ? fukka ya dig,beat women,cheat,scam etc....

im just saying who are we to judge
  • shootemwon
    edited July 2010
    Options
    McGeeAKey wrote: »
    but how a person dresses isnt the person within,you can dress sharp everyday but you are a low down ? fukka ya dig,beat women,cheat,scam etc....

im just saying who are we to judge

The way you dress can't tell anyone if you're a good person, but it can show that you have style and attention for detail. Those are attributes that are valuable in life.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Your style of dress determines how many people perceive you, it doesn't necessarily get to the core of things. In many cases, it goes hand in hand with how you are (i.e. well put together often = organized, detail oriented person) but more than anything, it affects others perception of you.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    if a chick dressed like a prostitute, imma assume she a prostitute
  • McGeeAKey
    edited July 2010
    Options
    what if she dressed like a prostitute but was the best wife for you,but you assumed she was a prostitute
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    impossible snoop dogg
  • astonmartin
    astonmartin Confirm Email Posts: 731
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I looked through my closet and this is what I have [not all] & wish to have.

Brioni
    Kiton
    Canali
    Bottega Veneta
    Giorgio Armani
    Ralph Lauren
    Oxxford Clothes

Jay Kos
    Issey Miyake

can't go wrong with the bolded.
  • shootemwon
    edited July 2010
    Options
    McGeeAKey wrote: »
    what if she dressed like a prostitute but was the best wife for you,but you assumed she was a prostitute

Dressing like a prostitute takes effort. Most the clothes you get off the rack at your average store aren't prostitutish. Why go out of your way to be perceived like a prostitute unless you are/want to be one?
  • shootemwon
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I looked through my closet and this is what I have [not all] & wish to have.

Brioni
    Kiton
    Canali
    Bottega Veneta
    Giorgio Armani
    Ralph Lauren
    Oxxford Clothes

Jay Kos
    Issey Miyake

can't go wrong with the bolded.

Your brands don't tell me ? about how well you dress. A lot of people have very expensive clothes and still can't pull off an outfit to save their lives.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    However a person dress that exactly what they think of themselves.
  • shootemwon
    edited July 2010
    Options
    mane, i truely believe in keepin yourself lookin decent but a wise man once told me,"broke ? stay broke trying not to look broke by going outta of they way to impress ppl. and wealthy, not rich, ppl dress casual cuz they don't give a ? they paid."

now, with that being said having expensive ass clothes doesn't truely describe who you are as a person. as long as you dress "grown" and not immature w/ a ? load of jewelry, real reconize real.

True. I buy some of my slacks at Kohl's for 20 bucks that fit better and look nicer than a lot of the brand name $100 plus stuff I see. I got the expensive stuff in my wardrobe too, but I'm only paying the good money for the right clothes, not just to have the brand name in my collection.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you're dressed too snazzy, I automatically think you spent all your resources on looking good in the streets.

Understated >>>>>>
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Of course... People get a perception about you...

If you go to court... And they put yo ass in one ofthem orange jumpsuits, do you not look more like a criminal?

Now what if the same person has a nice ass suit on, they would be looked at different.. And thats just one aspect of it
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Of course... People get a perception about you...

If you go to court... And they put yo ass in one ofthem orange jumpsuits, do you not look more like a criminal?

Now what if the same person has a nice ass suit on, they would be looked at different.. And thats just one aspect of it

Thank you Captain Obvious
  • shootemwon
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you're dressed too snazzy, I automatically think you spent all your resources on looking good in the streets.

Understated >>>>>>

No one should have to drain their bank accounts to stand out as well dressed (considering the weak competition out there) unless you're a label ? .
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've seen too many guys with tons of jewelry on and some nice ass duds driving a BMW 7 class on chrome, and they live in a ? one bedroom apt in a bad neighborhood. I'm thinking wouldn't you rather drive a Honda and put that extra money towards becoming a homeowner or whatever the hell you can do to create some assets for yourself.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thank you captain obvious

u gettiin smart with me?

Dont make me go find drastic!!! You know u dont want none of him..
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Female wit tattoos and slippers = Hoodrat.

Female with huge glasses = fake ass diva or she gets hit by her dude alot

Female with black reading glasses= pretentious Starbucks drinker

Black male with ? shoes and a hoody= Dosent give a ? , and is considering robbing the current place. Avoid if you can.

90% of people who wear "che guevara" shirts = get over yourself.

Female with an obama shirt = mindless clone who i can get into bed pretty easliy

Dude with earrings and a bald head = ? . (also if he wears tight turtle necks)

males over the age of 20 with Jerseys or custom jerseys = Male groupies or failed ex athletes

black male who wears thong flip flops = ? or whitewashed

Cant think of any others at the current moment.
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited July 2010
    Options
    u gettiin smart with me?

Dont make me go find drastic!!! You know u dont want none of him..

Yes I am, and is drastic supposed to be scary to me? I find him funny actually. I wouldn't mind seeing him catch feelings right about now if somebody calls him Nostrildamus.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Female wit tattoos and slippers = Hoodrat.

Female with huge glasses = fake ass diva or she gets hit by her dude alot

Female with black reading glasses= pretentious Starbucks drinker

Black male with ? shoes and a hoody= Dosent give a ? , and is considering robbing the current place. Avoid if you can.

90% of people who wear "che guevara" shirts = get over yourself.

Female with an obama shirt = mindless clone who i can get into bed pretty easliy

Dude with earrings and a bald head = ? . (also if he wears tight turtle necks)

males over the age of 20 with Jerseys or custom jerseys = Male groupies or failed ex athletes

black male who wears thong flip flops = ? or whitewashed

Cant think of any others at the current moment.

Hahaha^^^^
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    No one should have to drain their bank accounts to stand out as well dressed (considering the weak competition out there) unless you're a label ? .

This is why Old Navy is like the GOAT store. You can get classic, always fashionable clothing items for chump change.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Your style of dress determines how many people perceive you, it doesn't necessarily get to the core of things. In many cases, it goes hand in hand with how you are (i.e. well put together often = organized, detail oriented person) but more than anything, it affects others perception of you.

Agreed..

With that said. i dress for comfort..
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    To judge someone on the interior takes a great deal of reflection and higher level of consciousness. Most people don't operate on such levels. The media has told us everything is material, success=material, when you think of success the first thing people think of is money.But with that said, I still judge people based on the way they dress because it says a lot about you, your personality. I don't care about the cost of the clothes per say, but the way in which you wear them, do they match? . "When you wear clothes you are marketing yourself to the world."-Conscious212
  • Madam Speaker
    Madam Speaker Members Posts: 259
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I wish dudes my age would wear a button up and slacks every once and a while. Man i remember I seen this light skin dude in polo,slacks and some loafers and i liked to lost most ? mind. Yup that mos def get the juices flowin. Some nice frames too..