MMM! Cant wait!
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This will be the best action movie ever.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? !!!! @ 1:58 to 2:03
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need the ? watch the first one slept on it hard
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I thought this came out already ?

I remember when i seen Merentau ? was daniel son status.. in The Raid he was playin no games

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's that form of martial arts dude be using?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    believe its pencak silat...
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sundance 2014: The Raid 2 – First Look
    Posted on Wednesday January 22, 2014, 14:52 by Damon Wise in Words From The Wise

78759.jpg

How do you follow an action film as tight and tense and damn near perfect as The Raid? The answer, it seems, is to make a film as broad, intricate and damn near perfect as The Raid: Berandal, aka The Raid 2. Obviously the first point to consider is whether Gareth Huw Evans’s second feature matches up to the bone-crunching mayhem of the first, and it does – with gore to spare. But the second point is more crucial: does it hold up as a stand-alone movie in its own right? The answer to that is a resounding yes too; leaving behind the Carpenter-esque confined spaces of the original, Evans’s sequel heads out into the streets of Jakarta, bringing in so many new and fascinating characters that it’s hardly noticeable when the film’s nominal hero Rama, played by a much more confident Iko Uwais, is absent from the screen (which he is for surprisingly long patches).

The first few moments suggest that the film might be hard work, since it carries on almost immediately in the wake of its predecessor. Some familiarity with the first is necessary here to figure out what’s going on, but a whole new plot soon emerges. Recruited by internal affairs, Rama is given a new identity and sent to prison, where he is ordered to infiltrate the world of inmate Uco, son of gang lord Bangun. Rama’s mission is to root out the corrupt cops who are keeping the Bangun gang in business, but it soon becomes clear that Uco is a loose cannon, intent on deposing his father and declaring war on their Japanese rivals. Unable to risk blowing his cover, for fear of putting his wife and child at risk, Rama finds himself caught in the middle of an impending turf war.

With a running time of 148 minutes The Raid 2 seems an unlikely epic, and yet it never overextends itself. Editing the movie himself, Evans keeps a tight rein on all his various strands, and the film is at its best when juggling several characters, notably towards the last quarter when tensions between the rival factions begin to escalate. But this would be nothing if there were no characters to invest in, and Evans has populated his murky world with a whole spectrum of heroes and scumbags, from the virtuous Rama to the Machiavellian crime boss Bejo with his hammer and baseball bat-wielding protégées. Add to this some extraordinary locations – all of which lend themselves organically to the choreography of the fight scenes – you have that rarest of things: an action movie with real and present danger, not the Punch and Judy show of the average CG blockbuster.

The wince-inducing sound mix does quite a lot of the work, but The Raid 2 is strong meat nevertheless, and this Sundance cut is certainly going to cause a few problems with the ratings boards both in the US and the UK. Nevertheless, there’s more than just blood and guts to this spectacularly visceral film, and it’s to Evans’s credit that he has made a turf-war thriller that stands shoulder to shoulder with the best of Asian crime stories, from Takeshi Kitano’s Outrage films to practically everything from South Korea. The Sundance audience gave it a standing ovation and it deserved it. Now bring on Part Three.

http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs/words-from-the-wise/post/p1445
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2265171/
    this may be the greatest action movie of all time already
  • lazypakman
    Options
  • Dupac
    Options
    turn down 4 what??
  • Dupac
    Options
    that deleted scene though?????
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    japanese vs the whatever tf them other ? were.
    this ? violent af, i'll see where its showing in ny
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH limited release on Friday and wide release on April 11th. SMH ? had me hype for no reason this week
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna go see it Saturday. If u live in ny it's gonna be at the Lincoln square theater
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damnit, it's not playing near me on the 28th.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damnit, it's not playing near me on the 28th.

same thing here. I would have to go to NY to see this in theatres
    whats really weird is that 1st film was in a few local theatres. I would think the sequel would garner a wider release

• Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    japanese vs the whatever tf them other ? were.
    this ? violent af, i'll see where its showing in ny

Indonesian, Most of the actors are indonesians/javanese, flick is shot here as well, think its a collaboration bewteen indo and japan
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Its an indonesian flick lol
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Karate is originally from indo, them Japanese mofos took it and labeled it theirs lol
  • lazypakman
    Options
    i had a chance to watch this today.was excited like Christmas had come early.

took my housemate along with me and the film was on some promotion thing which he didn't apply for but i did...honestly thought about just leaving him there and making him walk back home but i couldn't leave a soldier behind.

gotta wait another 2 weeks now for this.