J.Cole>>Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I like Cole that's my dude ...but bottom line is as a rapper he is not on the same level as Kendrick ...not from a technical standpoint at all .... I think they are similar in regards to being able to deliver impactful content and having a certain level of conciousness to the music ..and that's why you have threads like this.....but comparatively speaking Cole just has not been able to deliver an album on Par with Sec.80 or GKMC ...that's just what it boils down to ...so there's no way that I can put him in front of Kendrick when #1 he's not as good from a technical standpoint in regards to spittin and #2 His albums haven't been as good as Kendrick's

Ok then since you feel kendrick is the better technical rapper(lol @that) then u should be able to help me out by breaking down his control verse for me

Explain it like you're talking to a 5th grader

This is me stalling instead of answering the question just like everyone else

Ummmmm.... Stalling what?

? you the one that quoted me .... Not the other way around ... Obviously you feel you have a point to prove ...what is it? Cos I don't ...I've made my point already
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? continue to overrate Kendrick

Name a rapper over the past 3 years who have put out 3 better projects than OD,Sec.80,GKMC

.........ill Wait

I cant answer that question cause thats subjective. Overly Dedicated was good but wasnt anything memorable. Section 80 was awesoe. GKMC was just good. See how my opinion differs from yours? All you managed to do was continue to prove my point
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Name a rapper over the past 3 years who have put out 3 better projects than OD,Sec.80,GKMC

.........ill Wait

There's not one. Even if people did overrate gkmc which I can see that argument like you said who's been better, and the answer is nobody. I thought Cole was gonna take over the game when I heard FNL and warm up. He dropped the ball and made two average albums (that I purchased btw)
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

.........ill Wait

what does that have to do with overrating him

If you can't identify anybody else performing a job better than a certain individual ...it would defy logic to call that individual "overrated"
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

.........ill Wait

I cant answer that question cause thats subjective. Overly Dedicated was good but wasnt anything memorable. Section 80 was awesoe. GKMC was just good. See how my opinion differs from yours? All you managed to do was continue to prove my point

But you do realize that your opinion is in the minority right?

And furthermore if all you can say is that "music is subjective" that's fine ...but then why are you in a debate thread then? What's the point? the whole object of a x vs. y thread is to in fact present things to the table that distinguish two items beyond the simple "subjectivity" claim... You can't have it both ways ...if your going to in essence cop out and say music is subjective than that applies for everyone's opinion which then means that there is no debatable subject matter in the genre ...

According to your logic ..if a ? came in here and said Lil B is the greatest rapper of all time ..you would accept that because "it's alllll subjective"

And that's fine ...but just take that out of a thread where people are clearly trying to bring points to the table that go beyond that..

So ...you might want to rethink whatever "point" you thought you had
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

.........ill Wait

And furthermore if all you can say is that "music is subjective" that's fine ...but then why are you in a debate thread then? What's the point? the whole object of a x vs. y thread is to in fact present things to the table that distinguish two items beyond the simple "subjectivity" claim... You can't have it both ways ...if your going to in essence cop out and say music is subjective than that applies for everyone's opinion which then means that there is no debatable subject matter in the genre ...

According to your logic ..if a ? came in here and said Lil B is the greatest rapper of all time ..you would accept that because "it's alllll subjective"

And that's fine ...but just take that out of a thread where people are clearly trying to bring points to the table that go beyond that..

minority on the ic, ion know about anywhere else, ion know bout him, but as ive previously stated, ill argue that krit got projects better than what kendrick has dropped, thats no hate on kendrick
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OD,Sec.80,GKMC

All three better than any project I heard off Cole PLUS they all sound different but with probably the same themes ..
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

.........ill Wait

minority on the ic, ion know about anywhere else, ion know bout him, but as ive previously stated, ill argue that krit got projects better than what kendrick has dropped, thats no hate on kendrick

What did Krit offer on those projects that cannot be found on the Kendick projects I listed?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options

.........ill Wait

If K.R.I.T delivered on the album I'd prolly agree but the album was a let down
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would agree that krit is better then both lyrically
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Define lyrically ?

I'm calling u ? out, y'all gon stop using blanket statements to cover BS
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

.........ill Wait

My opinion is the minority on the IC. Which I've already stated "Y'ALL continue to overrated Kendrick"
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Cole that's my dude ...but bottom line is as a rapper he is not on the same level as Kendrick ...not from a technical standpoint at all .... I think they are similar in regards to being able to deliver impactful content and having a certain level of conciousness to the music ..and that's why you have threads like this.....but comparatively speaking Cole just has not been able to deliver an album on Par with Sec.80 or GKMC ...that's just what it boils down to ...so there's no way that I can put him in front of Kendrick when #1 he's not as good from a technical standpoint in regards to spittin and #2 His albums haven't been as good as Kendrick's

Ok then since you feel kendrick is the better technical rapper(lol @that) then u should be able to help me out by breaking down his control verse for me

? you the one that quoted me .... Not the other way around ... Obviously you feel you have a point to prove ...what is it? Cos I don't ...I've made my point already

Oh ok my fault, let me be more clear: not a single kendrick nuthugger in this thread has been able to tell me what was so great about kendrick's verse or even tell me what it was mainly about.

I feel like it should have been a very simple question for you since that first post of yours that I quoted was so fanboyish but I guess not.

Just for future reference to anyone reading, there's no point responding to my posts unless you're actually answering the question so don't even waste the energy typing
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Oh ok my fault, let me be more clear: not a single kendrick nuthugger in this thread has been able to tell me what was so great about kendrick's verse or even tell me what it was mainly about.

I feel like it should have been a very simple question for you since that first post of yours that I quoted was so fanboyish but I guess not.

Just for future reference to anyone reading, there's no point responding to my posts unless you're actually answering the question so don't even waste the energy typing

? #1 I don't even care for that verse like that its certainly no where close to Kendrick's best ...so why would i sit here a break down 60 long ass bars worth of content to you to try and prove whatever the hell it is you think you're trying to prove? Lol.... Like what is your point my ? ?

#2 ain't nothing in my fist post sound any more fan boyish than what you have been doing for the past few pages .... your Arguement is sloppy and rather incoherent .... I made my statement and then then gave simple reasoning for it ....you made your statement about dr.dre being the only reason GKMC was a solid project ... And have no factual base to support that ...

....but you gone head and keep thinking you're saying something noteworthy boss
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So in other words non of Kendrick fans know wtf he was rapping bout in that verse.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the flipside tell me a line in the verse that doesn't make sense to you? It seems pretty straightforward to me, a rapper talking ? about why he's the best.......

Do you guys really not understand?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Lol @y'all being mad because people don't want to explain a verse that isn't the least bit complicated. Y'all act like he dropped a lupe type of verse that needs to be broken down bar by bar. FOH. I'm still waiting to hear all the quality songs Cole has put out post FNL and the Warm up not named lost ones, let nas down, or rich ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @y'all being mad because people don't want to explain a verse that isn't the least bit complicated. Y'all act like he dropped a lupe type of verse that needs to be broken down bar by bar. FOH. I'm still waiting to hear all the quality songs Cole has put out post FNL and the Warm up not named lost ones, let nas down, or rich ?

You mean like Killers, Breakdown, Head bussa, and Cole Summer or nah ?
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You

.........ill Wait

because its little competition for him whatever he does gets blown out of proportion IMO
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok then so break down whatever your favorite kendrick verse is

Then please tell show me a sloppy and incoherent post of mine in this thread

You wrote a titangraph yet it had nothing at all to do with the subject but u sure ethered me Idk if I can recover.

7 pages of dickriding about his lyricism yet not a single verse or thoughtful analysis of a verse by kendrick has been posted in here. Not one. Wonder why that it is
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

.........ill Wait
    Ab-soul? :-/
  • ericb4prez
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    You

.........ill Wait

because its little competition for him whatever he does gets blown out of proportion IMO

So what your saying is Kendrick is so good that you have to compare him to greats outside of his era because they can't compete? Lol ...

So ...with that being said ....you want to explain just how he is "overrated again" ...?
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    You

.........ill Wait

So what your saying is Kendrick is so good that you have to compare him to greats outside of his era because they can't compete? Lol ...

So ...with that being said ....you want to explain just how he is "overrated again" ...?

I don't remember sayin he is overrated but if your peers happen to be a step under then whatever you drop is going to be looked at as top notch I mean ASAP Rocky is 1 of his peers for ? sake lol