Gain Muscle with "OLD" people food

Options
Millions Knives
Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Weight Room
You know I have to stay dropping new information (which is REALLY an old school trick) to ya'll....all that other ? you can read in magazines or bodybuilding.com:

If you want to get stronger and build more muscle,
then here's a simple "eating trick" you can use to make that happen.

But first, let me explain my fitness philosophy.

You see, I'm a big fan of doing things the natural way.

I've never taken steroids (and never will). I use only a small handful of supplements.

Because I think eating whole, natural food is the most important factor when trying to
build a better body.

(In fact, Hippocrates felt the same way. Hippocrates is the father of modern medicine and lived almost 3,000 years ago. He said, "Let thy food be thy medicine.")

But what does this have to do with building muscle? Let me show you:

How Old Person Food Can Help You Build Muscle

Here's how natural food can help you build muscle and gain strength:

What if you could eat something before you trained that would actually
allow you to get a couple more reps on any exercise or use 5-10 pounds more weight?

Let me explain. When you do a lot of reps and your muscles start burning, it's because of lactic acid. Lactic acid builds up in your muscles and after a while you are simply unable to do any more reps no matter how hard you try.

But if you take something that acts as a lactic acid buffer, it will counter-act the results of lactic acid and allow you to knock-out more reps.

So where do you find a good lactic acid buffer? Do you have to spend major moolah on some fancy new supplement?

Nope.

In fact, you can find a top-notch lactic acid buffer right at your local grocery store.

Here's the deal:

Research has shown that dried prunes are the very best food at buffering lactic acid.

You may not be able to find dried prunes at your grocery store. This is because prunes have been called an "old person food" so the growers decided to make the name more "youth-friendly." As a result, dried prunes are now called dried plums in some areas.

Recommendations:

Eat 1-2 handfuls of dried prunes/plums before any resistance training session.

Try this out before your next training session and watch how easy the weights fly up.