No evidence of modern forgery in ancient text mentioning ‘Jesus’s wife’

Options

Comments

• ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall the ? that think rappers are in the illuminati cause some weirdo on YouTube said it.
    VIBE wrote: »
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Lol..it was proven.

Reading the ic debate serious topic is like huffing paint. Brain cells be frying by the trillions. Ya'll need to stick to your "what would you do if" threads

So you're not open to any type of "lost books"?

Im open to anything sound. Most of these books are not and that is why credible historians and theologians don't include them. There are a couple debatable exceptions like the book of enoch but they don't contradict scripture nor contain any must have vital info so ultimately who cares

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »

Piyonce wrote: »
    So Jesus was ? ?!?!

I dunno, but I hear that name a lot when Im ? ...
    U be ? messkin ? breh?
    got em lol
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh look, another lame attempt to smear the name of Jesus. It's not like they haven't been doing this for the last 2,000 years.

:shaq face:

Don't even feel like posting the image on this garbage.
    So saying Jesus was married and want a 33 year old ? is somehow a "smear?"
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus wanted to be Deadpool sooo bad

Deadpool.27.Cover_.jpg
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    So here we go with the Lies now. SMH. The same old song and dance. You ether an argument, and then they start to pull out the lies!

Every CREDIBLE scholar will agree that every book found in the New testament, there are 27, was written before the close of the 1st century!

Paul the apostle wrote 13 of the 27 books and he was martyred around 66 A.D.

The last book that was written was likely Revelation, which was written by John the Apostle on the Island of Patmos around 90 A.D.

Stop with the lies, You're kidding no one over here. Except for yourself. Amen.

You do understand that the books your mention were not the only books of the bible but were merely the ones that were left after that bible was "modified" during the Council of Nicaea, right? That happened around 400 a.d. - yes, it took 400 years for your book to be edited and cobbled together. 400 years after that this particular document was written. 900 years after that the modified bible you use was "translated" into English.

Now if 400 years is too long for a document to be considered credible (and keep in mind that that's just the age of that particular physical fragment - not the age of the text itself) then why is 400 years credible when it comes to the canonical bible and why is 1600 years credible for the English translation (of the version drafted in Greece 400 a.d.)?

These aren't lies so please stop using that deflection. These are all accepted facts. The only lie is the lie you're telling yourself that saying "amen" after you write something is a valid excuse for being a ? and a joke.

Amen.

You don't even know what your talking about. The cannon of scripture wasn't deiced at the Council of Nicaea. Do some research and then chime in again. Amen.

I just did some research so here I am to chime in again. You are right that NT canon wasn't exactly decided at the Council of Nicaea... it took even longer than that.

Eateth a ? . Amen.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe they meant this Jesus as in 'Hey-zoos'.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JESUS BEIN MARRIED...

OK.. LETS EXAMINE THIS

THAT WOULD MEAN THAT ? ? AFTER HIS CREATIONS.. CORRECT

THAT WOULD MEAN SIN.. CORRECT

SO JESUS SAW THIS BADDD CHICK. . WANTED HER SEXUALLY AND MARRIED HER... HAD SEX WITH HER AND SINCE IT IS/WAS A SIN TO SPILL YA SEED.. WHERE IS THE CHILD OF JESUS???
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isn't exactly a new idea. The Book of Mary suggested that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were romantically involved.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    JESUS BEIN MARRIED...

OK.. LETS EXAMINE THIS

SO JESUS SAW THIS BADDD CHICK. . WANTED HER SEXUALLY AND MARRIED HER... HAD SEX WITH HER AND SINCE IT IS/WAS A SIN TO SPILL YA SEED.. WHERE IS THE CHILD OF JESUS???

Don't think about it too hard, man.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well I guess everything comes down to; do folks believe Yeshua is ? or do folks believe Yeshua to be a creation of ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    JESUS BEIN MARRIED...

OK.. LETS EXAMINE THIS

You have to be careful with that chain of thought. Not all early Christians believed Jesus was the son of ? let alone ? in the flesh. Many of them believed Jesus was ? 's Word made flesh or just a favored prophet given a special message and task.
  • ReppinTime
    Options
    JESUS BEIN MARRIED...

OK.. LETS EXAMINE THIS

You have to be careful with that chain of thought. Not all early Christians believed Jesus was the son of ? let alone ? in the flesh. Many of them believed Jesus was ? 's Word made flesh or just a favored prophet given a special message and task.

"The word was with ? and the word was ? "
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    oh that makes a lot more sense.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus is ? plain and simple! If Jesus isn't ? , He isn't the Savior. Amen.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus is the Creator! The Creator doesn't have sex with the creation He made. What kind of non-sense is this?

so it makes sense that ? impregnated a chick and she then gave birth to him for some reason? think about what the ? u r saying.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    The scriptures clearly declare the ? is triune. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

From Genesis to Revelation ? declares His triune being. Amen.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    JESUS BEIN MARRIED...

OK.. LETS EXAMINE THIS

Your quoting one of the books in the Bible. Not all early Christians followed the books in the Bible. In fact, there was no Bible. That said, the only Gospel that actually refers to Jesus as the Son of ? is John. The others refer to him as the Son of Man or the Messiah. John wasn't actually written until Christianity was developed enough for the different sects to fight, and it was clearly written with the agenda of presenting him as a deity. None of the Gospels say Jesus was ? though. That didn't come til later. I believe Paul introduced that concept.

This isn't true. Whether Jesus was ? or not, his sacrifice would have made him the Savior. And none of the earlier scriptures referencing the Savior or Messiah say anything about him being ? in the flesh. Again, that concept wasn't even introduced until after Jesus was dead.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Jesus is the Creator! The Creator doesn't have sex with the creation He made. What kind of non-sense is this?

so it makes sense that ? impregnated a chick and she then gave birth to him for some reason? think about what the ? u r saying.

? didn't have sex with Mary. The Holy Spirit planted the seed of The Word in her egg and she bore Emmanuel, which means ? with us! Hallelujah!

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i need to see the receipts
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let me clone myself through some 14 year olds ? to absolve my creations of sins I created them to commit @Gawd
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    JESUS BEIN MARRIED...

OK.. LETS EXAMINE THIS

Your quoting one of the books in the Bible. Not all early Christians followed the books in the Bible. In fact, there was no Bible. That said, the only Gospel that actually refers to Jesus as the Son of ? is John. The others refer to him as the Son of Man or the Messiah. John wasn't actually written until Christianity was developed enough for the different sects to fight, and it was clearly written with the agenda of presenting him as a deity. None of the Gospels say Jesus was ? though. That didn't come til later. I believe Paul introduced that concept.

This isn't true. Whether Jesus was ? or not, his sacrifice would have made him the Savior. And none of the earlier scriptures referencing the Savior or Messiah say anything about him being ? in the flesh. Again, that concept wasn't even introduced until after Jesus was dead.

If you want to have this debate make a thread in the R&R so I can use the scriptures to teach. Amsn
  • ReppinTime
    Options
    Im quoting genesis ? . And The rest of that is too stupid and ill informed for me to bother with at the moment
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    That's weird that they always call him the son of ? .

That would be like if i had a son... but he was me. And people called him my son... but what they really mean is he's me. And sometimes we would be having conversations and ? ... but it was really just me talking to myself. And sometimes my son would be telling other people about how awesome I am and that they should respect me and all that... but really he was talking about himself... who also happens to be me.

Yeah that makes a ? ton of sense. Amen.

If you can't eve understand earthly things, how will you believe if I tell you of heavenly things? - Jesus