Events/people/games/events in sports you'd like to see get a documentary made....

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
I got a few:

- That behind-the-scenes process that Pat Riley used to assemble this Miami Thrice-era of Bron, Bosh, & Wade, told by them.
- The rivalry of Isaiah and Mike, and everyone who got caught up in it.
- That epic first round of the Celtics/Bulls series in 2009.
- The Patriots 2007 season, where that went 18-1.
- David Justice & Halle Berry. (? would be funny as hell)
- The World Cup's pure craziness.
- The bomber blowing ? up in ATL during the '96 Olympics

Anyone got any else?

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    A docu following lebron the days leading up to the decision
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U think they gonna do a 30 for 30 on collusion

Unabomber In ATL news to me
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what I meant, negroid.

I'd also like to see an all-out Lance Armstrong one. ? would crush souls.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U think they gonna do a 30 for 30 on collusion

Unabomber In ATL news to me

I think he meant the Olympic bombing in 1996
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Was just listening to a sports talk radio segment on this question yesterday. In mine I'm just gonna assume 30 for 30 doing them.

1) Randy Moss' early post HS years (Signing with ND being denied enrollment due to the fight at his HS, Going to FSU being kicked off the team, then playing at Marshall)

2) Lakers Summer 1996 (Revolved around Jerry West's recruitment of Shaq and behind the scenes of the Kobe acquisition)

That's off top I'll end up coming up with more.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    I want to see kobe vs the pros as a young kid
    Emmanuel augustus 30 for 30
    Cotto vs margarito 30 for 30 both fights and the drama around that
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt getting documentaries about their rises to the top, chronicling their unprecedented dominance in back-to-back Olympic games and achievement of GOAT status in their sports.

What went on behind the scenes and scouting process that led Portland TrailBlazers to draft Sam Bowie and Greg Oden over MJ and Kevin Durant.

Jessie Owens and Joe Louis punking ? 's hand chosen '? master race' athletes and even getting cheered on by racist american whites during the events.

A what-could've-been documentary of Tracy McGrady, Grant Hill, Vince Carter and Penny Hardaway. Players who each had the talent, size and athleticism to become top 10 NBA players of all time, but due to injuries or laziness didn't reach their potential.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any older baseball heads here? I was too young but I hear the 86 World Series was GOAT. And that the literal goat who cost the redsox the series was forced to move to some remote area of the country lol . Plus my fam is from Queens so they all Mets fans
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Georgetown Hoyas doc from the Ewing through Iverson era. Specifically John Thompson's building of the program and all the backlash he and the team had to face. How tough it had to be in DC during all those drug murders during the Rayful Edmond days.
  • O.G.
    Options
    Any older baseball heads here? I was too young but I hear the 86 World Series was GOAT. And that the literal goat who cost the redsox the series was forced to move to some remote area of the country lol . Plus my fam is from Queens so they all Mets fans

HBO had a doc called Curse Of The Bambino (I think that's the name of it) later updated to Reverse the curse after the Sox finally won the WS. It had a good segment detailing that '86 WS especially from a fans point of view. Good ? .
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBO Sports doc are better than them 30 For 30 ?

Idk, maybe something on the Cleveland Indians in the 90s
  • O.G.
    Options
    HBO Sports doc are better than them 30 For 30 ?
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

HBO had a doc called Curse Of The Bambino (I think that's the name of it) later updated to Reverse the curse after the Sox finally won the WS. It had a good segment detailing that '86 WS especially from a fans point of view. Good ? .

Good looks homie
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A 30 for 30 on Didier Drogba
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of mine from last year came true... Barry Switzer.

A duel 30-for-30 about him and Bozworth is dropping in October.

- Also we need a non-biased one about the sonics/Thunder transition. (So the truth about most sonics not giving a ? about them moving is exposed.) and how technically the OKC bombing started a domino effect that led to OKC getting a team.

- Neion Deion

- Braves in the 90s

• D0wn
    Options

- Also we need a non-biased one about the sonics/Thunder transition. (So the truth about most sonics not giving a ? about them moving is exposed.) and how technically the OKC bombing started a domino effect that led to OKC getting a team.

- Neion Deion

- Braves in the 90s

Who the ? is gonna watch the Bolded for a hour???The ratings will be through the ground.
  • greenwood1921
    edited April 2014
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

- Neion Deion

- Braves in the 90s

Who the ? is gonna watch the Bolded for a hour???The ratings will be through the ground.

There's actually already a documentary about it that's quite popular and critically acclaimed. It's just biased. Called Sonicsgate.

It was shown online for free when it was released and got half a million views and then aired on MSNBC and CNBC, and ESPN Classic.

Oh...
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    A good doc would be on Anthony Carter(dude who used to be the backup PG for the Nuggets for a while). He used to play for drug-dealers in Atlanta before he made it to the league. Think his team was called the Kirkwood Boys and they'd play in hood vs hood tournaments.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rise and Fall of the And 1 mix tape tour.

Dead serious.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Concorde De La Salle football program. (151 game winning streak. Maurice Jones Drew, DJ Williams)
  • D0wn
    Options

Dead serious.

That would be dope.

D0wn wrote: »

- Neion Deion

- Braves in the 90s

There's actually already a documentary about it that's quite popular and critically acclaimed. It's just biased. Called Sonicsgate.

It was shown online for free when it was released and got half a million views and then aired on MSNBC and CNBC, and ESPN Classic.

Oh...

Eh ... u showed me. Teams get relocated all the time. Don't see. the big deal about the sonics / thunders.
    If anything minneosota should have went to okc.
  • tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    90's bulls 30 for 30. Interview everyone just like the pistons one. Imagine Jordan ethering everyone.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to see one about the Frazier/Ali rivalry

Deion Sanders

How the mafia controlled boxing

the broadstreet bullies....the 1976 Philadelphia Flyers

Warren Moon

another documentary and Billy Collins Jr. and Luis Resto...

• greenwood1921
    edited April 2014
    Options

Dead serious.

Damn, all the lil-bow-bow "I wanna be like Iverson" era nikkas would tune in to that.

Nikkas would shed tears too.

Muhfuggas swore up and down them And-1nikkas was "too real for the league."

I knew the Harlem Hoodtrotters would only last so long...
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Aye hear me out real quick when cds became a huge medium.. and1 died.. modells started sucking ? this could be a 30 for 30 the world changed