Fair/Foul:Teenager getting beat by his Dad outside of school decides knock his Dad to the ground...

Options

Comments

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    Chicity wrote: »
    I mean let's keep it 100

Anybody getting smacked with a stick is gonna wanna retaliate

the ? punched his pops tho...and pops aint really do anything. Any shred of respect the son may have had for the father disintegrated in that instance.
    Of course it did!

Buddy ain't gonna be able to tell him ? else and it's only gonna get worse.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean let's keep it 100

the ? punched his pops tho...and pops aint really do anything. Any shred of respect the son may have had for the father disintegrated in that instance.
    Of course it did!

I would have to fight my son like he wasnt my son at that point....
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a teenage son. I teach him to fight back if he getting punked like that in public.

If his father felt he had to deal with him like that in public...he deserved to be taught that day his son has lost his respect...forever.

Lol @ me pulling up and even getting out the car. My son would be humble as ? as soon as he seen my car. He would get in and if I'm too ? to drive off...we having some words in the car.

And I will never give a ? if my son was bigger than me at 15, he ever punch me he getting put down. Even if I have to treat it like I'm fighting for my life on the street with some random hood ? ...

My son will respect me.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I have a teenage son. I teach him to fight back if he getting punked like that in public.

If his father felt he had to deal with him like that in public...he deserved to be taught that day his son has lost his respect...forever.

Lol @ me pulling up and even getting out the car. My son would be humble as ? as soon as he seen my car. He would get in and if I'm too ? to drive off...we having some words in the car.

And I will never give a ? if my son was bigger than me at 15, he ever punch me he getting put down. Even if I have to treat it like I'm fighting for my life on the street with some random hood ? ...

My son will respect me.

Out of curiosity, I have questions about this:

1. What about if he is getting pinked in private? What you tell him about that? Like if a bully is punking him and there is no one around to see, what then?

2. Seems like you're instilling in him that the most important thing in that situation is what other people think, not the principal of letting another human being punk you. No?
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? should have went the Joe Jackson route and pistol whipped the ? out of his son. His lauce.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Public/private...same thing.

If he getting bullied, he obviously can't deal with the situation...he needs to approach me or nearest adult.

2. Nah, the point I'm trying to convey is, if I, your father, would not treat you like that in public, never let anybody else.

• DNB1
    Options
    Hence why I said I wouldn't have even left the car.

Only people I discipline my son in front of are close family.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hold the adult to a higher standard of responsibility than a child
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Na, I get what you MEAN, but I guess what I'm asking is it seems like a side affect of that would be him placing too much emphasis on the embarrassment part of it.

Clearly I don't know all the details about how you get the ? across to him, so I dunno. Just seems like that would be the natural byproduct.
  • DNB1
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Na, I get what you MEAN, but I guess what I'm asking is it seems like a side affect of that would be him placing too much emphasis on the embarrassment part of it.

Clearly I don't know all the details about how you get the ? across to him, so I dunno. Just seems like that would be the natural byproduct.

It may seem like that to you...

But hey, letting yourself get treated like that as an adult can't be fun...so yea learn that lesson.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If for no other reason to stay in shape, there's this.

Can't be having ya' son kickin' ya' ass on worldstar. It's just not right.
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    I mean let's keep it 100

Of course it did!

To within an inch of his life......

But it could never get like that. I love my son too much to wanna see him embarrassed in way shape or form

I don't care what went down or for what reason, as DNB1 said, I'm talking to him in the car

Worst thing I might have did was yell @ him to get his ass in the car

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet the same kid would cower against the police... so ? out of here with the ? .
    his father raising an aint ? person.
    ppl are often fooled by faux bravery.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    I bet the same kid would cower against the police... so ? out of here with the ? .

Word. You hit ya pops, you know there is an upper limit to the repercussions.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's supposed to just sit there and get knocked around with a stick? i think his only mistake was letting his pops stand back up.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if u would knock your old pops to the ground u aint ? ... as a man...
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    I have rarely seen a person take a beating from a cop single handly so the first line is flawed

I agree with the rest tho
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if u whoop your kids it's ok for them to hit u back?

No sir. Take that ass whoppin 12-15 or however old he was.

He knew he was wrong though see how he got his ass in that truck. So he was stunting in front his friends.
    Ass shoulda been beat more.
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    Ass whooping=getting beat in body and head with stick?
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't even of raised a hand to my pops when we scrapped even tho I had more than enough opportunities, mainly cuz he would have laid me the ? out after tho lol

My Lil Sis on the other hand stabbed my pops in the shoulder once after ? got heated. I always tell him that's what he gets for treating her like the princess growing up while I was getting my ass beat lol
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean let's keep it 100

Of course it did!

This as well.
  • Chi Snow
    Options
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options