Fair/Foul:Teenager getting beat by his Dad outside of school decides knock his Dad to the ground...

Options

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    if u would knock your old pops to the ground u aint ? ... as a man...

if your father hits you and doesn't expect you to defend yourself he ain't ? as a man. that kid was too old for "spanking" - at that age it's a fight.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ "spanking" a 15 year old boy
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

if your father hits you and doesn't expect you to defend yourself he ain't ? as a man. that kid was too old for "spanking" - at that age it's a fight.

The thing is that those two things - an ain't ? kid who hits his father and and ain't ? father who hits his son - are mutually exclusive, in this context. Because your father ain't ? , doesn't mean it's cool for you to hit him. That's just my $0.02.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair

Parents going to fair with these public humiliations

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

The thing is that those two things - an ain't ? kid who hits his father and and ain't ? father who hits his son - are mutually exclusive, in this context. Because your father ain't ? , doesn't mean it's cool for you to hit him. That's just my $0.02.
    He didn't hit him cause he ain't ? tho

He hit him cause he was getting whacked with a stick
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would rather my child respect my words/mind as opposed to physical punishment.

Both were wrong.

If you want to discipline your child discipline him or her behind closed doors.

Then explain to them why are you are disciplining them after the fact.

I'm really not really a fan of corporal punishment after adolescence their mind is generally already set at that point and as a parent you are more so refining and teaching things that will carry them into adulthood.

That's why teaching and correcting undesirable behavior is integral in the early years so you don't have these problems later on as a parent.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    That kid is too damn big to have to whoop in the first damn place. Not saying kids don't ? up at all ages, but after a certain size you a fool if you think whooping them is going to teach them a lesson. After a certain age hitting them does nothing but ? them off like it does any normal person. If by that age and size you still resorting to having to whoop them you already ? up. Especially having to pick up that stick and hit him with it. You can't logically expect someone to just stand there and take that. Especially a teenager in front of his friends. That ? just shows that father been ? up all along.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parents just need to stop being attention ?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

You don't honestly think that's why he hit him, do you? It's pretty clear that those lil weak ass hits from that stick weren't causing any real damage. Let's be real. If the exact same situation happened at home they were alone, young boy woulda taken them lil licks and moved on.

But he caught an L in front of people at school and had to save face.

You don't hit your pops, B. Not unless he's trying to do you REAL ? harm. Period.

Again, that's just me.
  • TalaNight
    TalaNight Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Options
    Live by the gun die by the bullet
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehhhh, respect your kid as a human. Most parents constantly drill into their kid's head to keep their hands to themselves and to respect others. The saying should apply in all aspects, regardless of the connection.

My mom kept jabbing me in the forehead with her hard ass fingernail, and I had enough of it. Pushed her finger off, and we started banging. You can't expect to disregard your kids feelings just because you are the parent without any type of animosity, especially as the kid gets older. At a certain point, hitting and yelling just isn't the answer. You gotta find a much more creative and meaningful form of discipline.

To sum it up, fair. Daddy showed up, and got shown out.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

You don't honestly think that's why he hit him, do you? It's pretty clear that those lil weak ass hits from that stick weren't causing any real damage. Let's be real. If the exact same situation happened at home they were alone, young boy woulda taken them lil licks and moved on.

But he caught an L in front of people at school and had to save face.

You don't hit your pops, B. Not unless he's trying to do you REAL ? harm. Period.

Again, that's just me.
    Nah I agree but his son ain't a lil kid no more. He a teenager with pride.

He knew that ? was embarrassing and wanted to humiliate him. Them hits, as soft as they were, were degrading. I doubt he would have done that @ home.

Wrong is wrong. Hitting him with a stick AND humiliating his son got him knocked on his ass and I don't feel sorry for the dude
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah. but g'head.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When my son gets to that age where he too old for whoopings, I've decided what punishments he will get.

Imma be like

"You got 5 minutes to be in the back yard with these on...."

$(KGrHqR,!r!FG7sBeN1HBRyzetgeFQ~~60_35.JPG

That way, im within the law....we are both getting cardio in...and he gonna learn how to fight and learn a lesson at the same time....

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Ehhhh, respect your kid as a human. Most parents constantly drill into their kid's head to keep their hands to themselves and to respect others. The saying should apply in all aspects, regardless of the connection.

My mom kept jabbing me in the forehead with her hard ass fingernail, and I had enough of it. Pushed her finger off, and we started banging. You can't expect to disregard your kids feelings just because you are the parent without any type of animosity, especially as the kid gets older. At a certain point, hitting and yelling just isn't the answer. You gotta find a much more creative and meaningful form of discipline.

I think that's something alot of people forget. Just because you're a parent doesn't entitle you to disregard or disrespect your child as if they're not a person with feelings and emotions. At times parents push that limit too far and then get shocked when their kids react like normal people and get mad or retaliate either verbally or physically if they were hit first.
  • TalaNight
    TalaNight Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Options
    "I'm right. Not because what I am saying can be proven correct but because I can kick your ass"
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    When my son gets to that age where he too old for whoopings, I've decided what punishments he will get.

Imma be like

"You got 5 minutes to be in the back yard with these on...."

$(KGrHqR,!r!FG7sBeN1HBRyzetgeFQ~~60_35.JPG

That way, im within the law....we are both getting cardio in...and he gonna learn how to fight and learn a lesson at the same time....

boxing is dope. It'll teach him to Control his anger and get his anger out.

What's going to be his response when he has a problem w someone he can't hit tho?

As a man will you show him other alternatives to resolving an issue?

of course. You cant fight whenever you get upset. I never whoop out of anger anyway. There was a thread about patents arguing on front of kids. I said that we do because it gives him realistic expectations as well as shows conflict resolution. There isn't bad language used nor do we distepect each other. And he will even ask questions, and as long as its not a mature topic, we explain what happened. So, he is gonna have that type of self control anyway if it be the most highs will.
  • Meta_Conscious
    edited April 2014
    Options
    parents shouldn't strike their kids out of anger.
    nor should children strike their parents.
    one doesn't justify the other.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ms.jones wrote: »

I think that's something alot of people forget. Just because you're a parent doesn't entitle you to disregard or disrespect your child as if they're not a person with feelings and emotions. At times parents push that limit too far and then get shocked when their kids react like normal people and get mad or retaliate either verbally or physically if they were hit first.

I agree with you although it won't be the popular opinion among many.

Some people will argue one should just sit and take verbal and physical abuse out of respect for the parent, but I don't really fully agree with that line of thinking...
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yep i'd have shot my son on this day, ? is wrong with that ? hitting his father, i had to ? my younger brother up for punching my dad in the face and i only talk to my dad twice a year
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So y'all wanna be smart ? not going to take in account tgat tgis ? was being recorded? Tgat escalates the situation 10 fold

The.? shouldn't be beating him with no stick especially if its outside and embarrassing him then for it to be recorded for any and everybody to see at that pleasure
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    nah, he should've told his ? to swallow that worthless mafucka.
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I love my son. I would not discipline him in from of his peers because kids remember that ? and he will have to deal with the ridicule at school. That being said, if my son ever raises his hand to me I'm gonna beat his ass like a stranger. If I am too old and feeble his ass is gonna get....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2PFyl689w
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Me and my brothers tried to control our pops once because he was beating th ? out of our other brother. He threw a glass table at us
  • bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    Being a father he shouldnt have dogged him out in front of everyone...kid had to save face consider in he has to go back to that area...