Greg Oden: Kevin Durant making me look bad

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
Ok he didn't say that but it's cool he's at peace with his situation after the injuries and overcoming alcholism.

When asked by Grantland's Mark Titus if he'd be comfortable with a legacy as an NBA benchwarmer, Oden candidly responded:

I’m over all of that. I know I’m one of the biggest busts in NBA history and I know that it’ll only get worse as Kevin Durant continues doing big things … It’s frustrating that my body can’t do what my mind wants it to do sometimes. But worrying or complaining about it isn’t going to fix anything … I wish the circumstances would let me play more, but I certainly don’t regret coming back, and I don’t regret signing with the Heat

My cousin got wrapped up in the NBA lifestyle and threw parties at my house all the time. So I got wrapped up in it too. When I played well, I’d drink to celebrate. And when I played poorly, I’d drink to forget. That second year in Portland I pretty much became an alcoholic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2056332-greg-oden-i-know-im-one-of-the-biggest-busts-in-nba-history

Comments