So how yall feel about TNA developing an all BLACK Stable? (New M.L.K. titantron inside)

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited July 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle
MVP, Bobby Lashley, and Kenny King...someone drop the vid. It looked like nWo forming meets evolution meets the NOD..

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was cool. The only problem I have is that King & Lashley are barely on the show and because of that it lacked the impact it could have had if they were featured prominently.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nation of Desperation

Kenny King deserves better than this.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Nation of Desperation

How? He was X Division Champ for how long having ? matches with RVD n not one person gave a ? n now he's being aligned with two more well known guys that can still work it's a bad thing?

Wrestling fans will never be happy. Its like yall happy about not being happy.

At least give it a chance then criticize it accordingly afterwards.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the stable.

Dislike the name.

Hopefully they can deliver w them, especially Lashley.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Nation of Desperation

How? He was X Division Champ for how long having ? matches with RVD n not one person gave a ? n now he's being aligned with two more well known guys that can still work it's a bad thing?

Or maybe TNA booking is so transparent that you know that in the end this stable will end up nowhere just like every other stable angle they've tried in the last 6 to 12 months. Matter of fact maybe they should start falling back on having factions altogether for a bit.

How about you know using Kenny King to actually build feuds in the X Division?

Kenny King doesn't need WWE midcard rejects to help him elevate himself. He just needs to be booked as a relevant singles competitor which they never seem to do when it comes to him.

You got Sanada, Tigre Uno, Zema Ion doing next to nothing or complete ? to the point that the division seems uneventful and unimportant and one of those guys is supposed to be champ. You could use King and Aries who they also have doing nothing right now to help prop up what is pretty much a non existent midcard in that company.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Agree, but why cant you have the XDivision AND this faction at the same time? I never knee a decent product that did only one good thing at a time. You can build mid cards and xdivisions while having this stable.

We always complaining about not seeing a black stable, now we have one. Just enjoy it for what it's worth or if you think it's not going anywhere like mostly everything else TNA has done then why bother watching?

Let ? materialize bro.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I never asked for a black stable. I'm not one of those "I need to see people of color to relate to the program or get drawn into the show" type. Frankly I don't really like stables in general but in TNA especially. It only ends up helping out one character (i.e. Aces & Eights, LAX, Immortal) and leaves the others in limbo once the stable is done. I prefer focusing on building up individual characters instead so that those individual characters could become strong enough to help sustain the show when needed. That's what any good television does.

I bother watching because there are other things on the program that appeal to me outside of MVP vs. the world. Though admittedly I haven't watched the last couple of shows.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MVP, in two weeks, has greatly increased my interest in TNA by turning heel. As a fan of his work in WWE, he was so much more interesting as a heel and much like Christian WWE failed to capitalize on his popularity but TNA is in prime position to do so.

I'm not mad at TNA for trying with (some) these guys, most of the people they put the belt on that made their bones in the E were guys who had nice followings when they were there but due to politics among other things they hit a glass ceiling and TNA has more opportunities for them.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I know Broddie, but youre white right? I meant the OTTB board in general.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I know Broddie, but youre white right? I meant the OTTB board in general.

Hell no lmao I'm black and since my parents are both from Dominican Republic some might call people like me brown cause I could speak a spanish dialect. I just don't get hung up on the race ? . A well written character is engaging no matter what color his or her skin may be or what culture they come from.

• DOPEdweebz
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nation of Desperation

Or maybe TNA booking is so transparent that you know that in the end this stable will end up nowhere just like every other stable angle they've tried in the last 6 to 12 months. Matter of fact maybe they should start falling back on having factions altogether for a bit.

Kenny King doesn't need WWE midcard rejects to help him elevate himself. He just needs to be booked as a relevant singles competitor which they never seem to do when it comes to him.

You got Sanada, Tigre Uno, Zema Ion doing next to nothing or complete ? to the point that the division seems uneventful and unimportant and one of those guys is supposed to be champ. You could use King and Aries who they also have doing nothing right now to help prop up what is pretty much a non existent midcard in that company.

Cosign this powerful post. Dude literally has everything it takes to be a main eventer
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    He needs to prove it by outshining hus counterparts on the mic and in the ring. At the very least TNA fans will notice. Fact us Im sure MVP and Lashley saw something in King to form a stable with him.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nation of Desperation

Bruh....Lashley's not a midcard reject. He was in a WWE title match and left on his own.
  • Broddie
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Nation of Desperation

Bruh....Lashley's not a midcard reject. He was in a WWE title match and left on his own.
    So did Virgil.

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everytime I see tna on the direct tv menu I think it means ? -n- ass. also, you had the word stable in your title It made me think of chicks. I though I was going to see some black female wrestlers. man i'm disappointed.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Nation of Desperation

So did Virgil.

Lashley was legit over though, and was constantly main eventing for a time until he chose to leave.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Lashley just beat Big Show for the ECW title when it still meant something, then beat Umaga at WM, then was challenging Cena for the world title in a face vs face match...ya he's Virgil..
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not a TNA person, but my friends who are mentioned it, saw some images of it, and it is not a bad look to me.

Let me ask, are they heels??
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    @mikelewis yes imma post a youtube of it soon. There's a reason why I call it Evolution meets nWo meets NOD..
  • Broddie
    Options
    Lashley just beat Big Show for the ECW title when it still meant something, then beat Umaga at WM, then was challenging Cena for the world title in a face vs face match...ya he's Virgil..

What has he done lately?

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did you feel when TNA was pushing an all white squad?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

I see white squads being pushed all the time. Desensitized.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly. So what makes this any different?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Exactly. So what makes this any different?

I don't see a black stable almost ever? As a black wrestling fan I like it, esp the talent they picked.

The only thing that's gonna ruin it is that it's TNA like @Broddie‌ said. They always seem to never go anywhere with a reasonable good idea, but I'm gonna give this s chance and see where it goes, if it goes.