If I were to buy a PS3 tomorrow...

Options

Comments

• afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    Damn. All these years people made out there were endless exclusives.

There are, but when you boil it down to actually quality exclusives, it's the same as any other platform.

There are a lot of quality exclusives but he asked for the top 5 which will limit what we list. If he asked us to recommend good exclusives my list would look different.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are, but when you boil it down to actually quality exclusives, it's the same as any other platform.

There are a lot of quality exclusives but he asked for the top 5 which will limit what we list. If he asked us to recommend good exclusives my list would look different.

People seem to be struggling to name 5 though.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*Undercover PS3 hate thread
  • Karl.
    Options

*Undercover PS3 hate thread

*Undercover feelings post
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My top 5:
    Uncharted 2
    Infamous 2
    Uncharted 3
    MGS4
    ? of War 3

Also love the Yakuza games but that isn't for everybody

Then:
    Heavy Rain
    Last of Us
    Killzone 2
    Folklore
    LBP

Have Demon Souls and Beyond: Two Souls but haven't played them yet
  • Karl.
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    My top 5:
    Uncharted 2
    Infamous 2
    Uncharted 3
    MGS4
    ? of War 3

Then:
    Heavy Rain
    Last of Us
    Killzone 2
    Folklore
    LBP

You still downloading them?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    My top 5:
    Uncharted 2
    Infamous 2
    Uncharted 3
    MGS4
    ? of War 3

Then:
    Heavy Rain
    Last of Us
    Killzone 2
    Folklore
    LBP

You still downloading them?

lmao ......... no

Beyond still in plastic and just never got to play DS ....... along with Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Bioshock 1 and 2, and a bunch of other games I got free on PS+ ...... about 20 games I haven't gotten to play thru
  • Karl.
    Options
    Having too many games can be a bad thing.
  • Karl.
    Options
    *too many new/unplayed games
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought ya'll had moved on to the next gen console bashing. Ya'll still making dumb topics taking shots at last gen's consoles? lol ? 's pathetic.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I thought ya'll had moved on to the next gen console bashing. Ya'll still making dumb topics taking shots at last gen's consoles? lol ? 's pathetic.

This thread isn't bashing anything. I made one slightly negative post and you come out of the woodwork wearing the cape.

Stop getting emotional. It's all jokes anyway.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I guess the best ones have been listed. Most of the exclusives have one problem or another that prevents me from recommending them. Some good ones worth checking out are

Dragon's Crown - if you like old school beat em ups get this.
    Folklore
    Ratchet & Clank ToD and aCiT
    Puppeteer - slept on platformer, should be free on ps plus.
    Warhawk - step learning curve and have no idea if the servers are still up.
    LBP 2
    Sly 4 - Throwback platformer
    Valkyria Chronicles - I know you don't like JRPGs but this is the best one on the PS3 and is worth checking out. Definitely one of the top 5 exclusives.

Then you have the ones that could've been great but are held back by poor execution like.

Twisted Metal - good game with poor A.I that attacks only you. Couldn't play online because of the ? servers never let you join games.
    Socom 4 - The co-op mode was goat until they shut the servers down earlier this year. Single player was nothing special compared to the PS2 games.
    Resistance 3 - Great guns but nothing else sticks out. Nothing really wrong with this game, its just not memorable either.
    Starhawk - One of the most creative ideas I've seen in a game in a while. Great concept average execution. Multiplayer is dead besides TDM.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    would you play LBP/2?
  • Karl.
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    would you play LBP/2?

Maybe. I got LBP Vita and I enjoyed that.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a great game, all your vita stuff will transfer over too
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

This thread isn't bashing anything. I made one slightly negative post and you come out of the woodwork wearing the cape.

Stop getting emotional. It's all jokes anyway.

Wearing a cape? Who am I caping for? I don't recall saying anything about any system at all. I commented only on the lameness of you and other cats that make topics like this. Jokes are usually funny, but like I said, ? like this is just pathetic whether its against the PS4, XB1, or Commodore.
  • Karl.
    Options
    What's lame about asking gamers to recommend some PS3 games to me?

The lame thing is you coming in upset because not all opinions were positive.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Its a great game, all your vita stuff will transfer over too

That's cool. I think I got about 4 or 5 cross buy games.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another 5...

Heavenly Sword
    Motorstorm
    Ace Combat Infinity
    Killzone 2
    Resistance 2
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ace combat infinity? I've never hear dc of that one.... how is it?......The last ace combat game I really liked was 5
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    What's lame about asking gamers to recommend some PS3 games to me?

The lame thing is you coming in upset because not all opinions were positive.

I like how on this site everytime you call someone out on their shenanigans, you're upset or catching feelings. What about any of my posts make you think I'm upset. I said ya'll ? are pathetic for this type of ? . I didn't say that because I was mad. I said that because I think ya'll ? are pathetic for this type of ? . And miss me with your nonsense.

Either you clowns are predictable or I'm psychic, because I saw the thread title and the TC and instantly know the thread would unfold as follows: TC would seemingly ask an innocent question, his question would be easily answered multiple times, TC would ignore all the answers and act like people were having difficulty answering the question, and then either TC or one of his cronies would try to use the fake difficulty to disparage the PS3 library. Lo and behold, that exact ? happened, so again either you clowns are predictable or I'm psychic. And I haven't won the lottery yet so I ain't psychic.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Wall of text = upset
  • Karl.
    Options
    This is in no way a bait thread. I'm genuinely thinking of buying a PS3. As you can see many PS users are in here contributing to the thread. You're the only to get furious.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ace combat infinity? I've never hear dc of that one.... how is it?......The last ace combat game I really liked was 5

Kinda of bias as I love me some Ace Combat...

It's free on PSN right now only came out Tuesday for PS3 so it's not even a must buy just a must DL, lol...

4 MP dogfights, 2 vs 2...
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Wall of text = upset

lol Whatever you say. You claimed I was upset after my first post. My first post was literally one line. So I guess any post is a wall of text as long as person is saying something you don't like huh.
    This is in no way a bait thread. I'm genuinely thinking of buying a PS3. As you can see many PS users are in here contributing to the thread. You're the only to get furious.

That's why there are so many posts where you constructively discuss the options that those PS users have presented. Oh wait...

Others know what this ? is. I wasn't even the first to call you out. Just because other people participate in the topic doesn't mean you didn't create it with ? in mind, but carry on and pretend you weren't on some ? ? .