Fire In The Soul: Cops Throw Grenade Into Baby's Crib

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
SWAT team throws a stun grenade into a toddler's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in a coma with severe burns
Atlanta, GA - A family is in shock after a SWAT team threw a stun grenade into their 19-month-old son's crib during a midnight drugs raid, leaving the baby in a medically induced coma with severe burns.

Wisconsin mother Alecia Phonesavanh, her husband, Bounkham, and their children including toddler, Bou Jr., were visiting her sister-in-law in Atlanta, Georgia, when police raided the home early Wednesday.

Phonesavanh said officers threw a stun grenade, which landed in the sleeping child's crib...
article-2643344-1E52023300000578-751_306x495.jpg
article-2643344-1E52023800000578-215_306x495.jpg

Parents' fault / Cop's fault ?

Who should be responsible for this ? ? Is it too much to expect these MFs not to throw a grenade into a baby's crib ?

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless they intentionally threw it in the crib.... parents fault.

That baby gonna be a ? tho. Already looks kinda ? .
  • 7figz
    edited May 2014
    Options
    s.free wrote: »

Shouldn't the cops research what they're going into though ?

A pair of binoculars, or a previous knock on the door, surveillance, all would've went a long way.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    lol beat me to it @figz...

check the crib tho...

jq25vk.jpg
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wisconsin mother Alecia Phonesavanh, her husband, Bounkham, and their children including toddler, Bou Jr., were visiting her sister-in-law in Atlanta, Georgia, when police raided the home early Wednesday.

How is it the parents fault? Who expects for some swat to come busting in the house of someone you're visiting tossing stun grenades in your babies crib and ? ?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Police knew they were raiding a house with kids...facts.

So as usual - Police fault.

Those ? knew what they were doing.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Shouldn't the cops research what they're going into though ?

A pair of binoculars, or a previous knock on the door, would've went a long way.

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1705491/? -get-shot-everyday-b-o.gif[/img]
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Parent fault? Shouldn't even be a question. It's the cops fault for not doing due-diligence. Also, they need to stop serving NO KNOCK warrants. You can't just invade people's houses unannounced and NOT expect something bad to happen. Announce yourselves or be shot and shot at. I'm sure they'll ? the occupant of the house and claim they were in fear of their lives and the lives of their partners, but don't use the same common sense when the home owner opens fire.

Little dude is probably blind and deaf now! They'll pay a little money, apologize and keep doing the ? . When there is no accountability, then ? keeps happening.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every day I hear of some more ? that makes me despise all of humanity. I wouldn't blame ? if he flooded this mifucka tomorrow.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why you throwing grenades in a drug raid?
    Just read a huffpost article about police harrasment in Miami gardens... so police are high on my ain't ? list right now
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Did the visting family know about the drug dealing? If so, why would you subject your child to even being around such activity? Any type of danger is looming when this type of ? is going on.

2. If the parents knew about this situation, then, ultimately, it's their fault for bringing their child around this ? . Granted, you don't think a raid would happen and a grenade would be thrown in the window, but I would have at least thought about a midnight robbery. I wouldn't have been there like that w my kids.

3. How would the police know about the visting family and the fact that they have a kid in the living room? We know that cops do surveillance on the house before a raid. So, from what they knew, only the family lived there, not the visiting family.

4. Precautions should've been taken but I don't know police protocol for this type of bust. Neither do you. They handled it in a non-leathal way but it's unfortunate that the non-leathal weapons resulted in a babies severe injuries.

All in all, if the parents knew, it's their fault. If they didn't know, it's the home owners fault.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? ! It's the police fault. They are supposed to announce themaelves in some capacity first. They were being thirsty and almost killed a baby....aint no comin back from that. You gotta go home and contemplate suicide after some ? like that. Smh
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    It was a visiting family? All of you can gtfoh. Parents fault thru and thru.
    Kat wrote: »

Ew.

Just another example of cops doing reckless ? over nothing. It was a drug raid. Kinda like how they get into high speed chases to apprehend a shoplifter, killing MFers in the process.

Need to get their ? priorities together.

I would sue every MFer in the police department, from chief on down.

Terrible.

Thought you blocked me. Miss me?
  • 7figz
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    All in all, if the parents knew, it's their fault. If they didn't know, it's the home owners fault.

So, in no way, do the cops have any type of responsibility ?

What if they were wrong about the drugs, etc... ?

Don't you got like 5 kids - what if they came busting through ya' door on some "we heard there were drugs" and threw a grenade in one of your kid's crib.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ew.

Just another example of cops doing reckless ? over nothing. It was a drug raid. Kinda like how they get into high speed chases to apprehend a shoplifter, killing MFers in the process.

Terrible.

lol..you wish.

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do Police need to use a stun grenade when raiding a woman's house, which was obviously a family home, for a drugs raid?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cops fault period.
    The parents subjecting their kids to some ill ? is another story

Sadly parents subject their kids to vile fuckery everyday b...

Dont mean to be crass just saying
  • KingFreeman
    Options

Ew.

Terrible.

lol..you wish.

Atone for your sins kat.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »

So, in no way, do the cops have any type of responsibility ?

What if they were wrong about the drugs, etc... ?

Don't you got like 5 kids - what if they came busting through ya' door on some "we heard there were drugs" and threw a grenade in one of your kid's crib.

Usually, any type of raid isn't done because it's "oh we heard", they raid after an investigation. Meaning, they got wind drugs were being dealt or held in the house, they surveyed the house and watched activity on the house. They do this for weeks/months. Then they fall back, make their plans on how to enter and where all possible exits would be, cover their bases and go in.

"why didn't they announce themselves" - by law, they have do and it apart of their everyday protocol. So, they more than likely did, but they're not going to knock and give you a couple minutes to respond. They're going to announce themselves by words/voice, bang on the door then bust in.

They're giving no chance for any possible escape or for them to arm themselves.

It's simple. If you have watched any type of raids on TV or youtube, it's all protocol.

Again, these are adults who knowingly are taking part in illegal activities, whether or not you and I agree if it should've illegal or not isn't a factor. They knowingly allowed another family to stay w them, putting them in danger.

We don't know if the visting family knew or not. If they did, they are also at fault for their stupidity.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

shut yo ? up.........................did the parents throw the grenade?

Did the parents have their kid in the trap?

Shut the ? up gandalf.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options

Ew.

Terrible.

lol..you wish.

Atone for your sins kat.

Never!
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? Vibe has manage to blame everyone EXCEPT the ? who threw a grenade in a baby's crib. Word. Makes sense.