Lil Bibby Receives Backlash For “Dark Skin Butts” Comment...

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never heard of duke but colorism ain't a game.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SOWETO wrote: »
    ain't no "joke." americans are socialized to have disdain for dark skinned people. we know "white is right" in this country, and in a pinch, "lite brite" will do. so w/e, ? him and his weak ass rhymes.

GOAT
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    more for me

LL

LL

LL

Them ? is fine but they aint dark skinned at all
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    too bad these "real" nignogs never say anything to offend the power elite...
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    more for me

LL

LL

LL

Bibby states, "I don't like dark butts... I need a redbone."

Poster states, "more for me," and proceeds to post nothing but redbones.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then ? ain't red
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Then ? ain't red

Most ? confuse yellow & redbones. They damn sure not dark skin butts.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao they aren't "red" at all

I would never consider a woman a dark butt so y'all gonna have to show me

But ? is mad at beautiful black women my bad
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remembers when Greg Nice said;

Ay yo Dizzy Gillespie plays the sax
    Me myself I love to max
    Redbone booties I'm out to wax
    Stick up kids is out to tax

"Funky For You" - Nice N Smooth

Only problem is Dizzy Gillespie played the trumpet, still a dope song though
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Bibby is actually a decent rapper, Lil herb is better though
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Aiight gonna check him out. You got any standout tracks I should check out.

Lil Bibby can spit. If he gets with a big label and have more budget to spit over better production he can go places.
    On his statement. The n*gga was obviously high on something. He spoke his mind, don't think he was joking around like I said before but he def alienated potential fans by 'keeping it real'. If he prefers 'redbones' over 'darkbutts' that's on him. No need to get bent out of shape over that. F*ck that fake n*gga outrage...

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »

Lil Bibby can spit. If he gets with a big label and have more budget to spit over better production he can go places.
    On his statement. The n*gga was obviously high on something. He spoke his mind, don't think he was joking around like I said before but he def alienated potential fans by 'keeping it real'. If he prefers 'redbones' over 'darkbutts' that's on him. No need to get bent out of shape over that. F*ck that fake n*gga outrage...

For herb listen to his 4 minutes in hell series , koolin, and fight or flight
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The broads posted so far I wouldn't consider "dark". Brown skinned? Yes. Mos def not redbones though. Dark is Lupita, Bria, maybe that actress Viola Davis. This is actually the first time I heard a yellow ? say that dumb ? , I might add.

? is wrong wit Bibby? ? , rap. We don't need your political and social views if they ain't contributing to sumin positive. These new ? need a class in PR before they open their mouths. Hire someone to coach you on how to speak to the public. Or they can just keep putting their foots in their mouths. Whatever works.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    colorism ain't a game.

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint no half steppin..
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More chocolate for me
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really out here quoting Yung Berg?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    more for me

LL

LL

LL

Bibby states, "I don't like dark butts... I need a redbone."

Poster states, "more for me," and proceeds to post nothing but redbones.

Lmao ? those are not Red bones, they're dark skinned
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh at lil bigot cmon son
  • Muhannad
    Options

Dl'ed that Free ? . Was a solid tape. Was bumping it yesterday. I dl'ed Welcome to Fazoland from Lil Herb yesterday. Haven't got around to listening to it from beginning to end, but what I heard thusfar it was dope. Lil Herb can def spit.
    Both these n*ggas do need better production though.
    Like Water wrote: »
    The broads posted so far I wouldn't consider "dark". Brown skinned? Yes. Mos def not redbones though. Dark is Lupita, Bria, maybe that actress Viola Davis. This is actually the first time I heard a yellow ? say that dumb ? , I might add.

? is wrong wit Bibby? ? , rap. We don't need your political and social views if they ain't contributing to sumin positive. These new ? need a class in PR before they open their mouths. Hire someone to coach you on how to speak to the public. Or they can just keep putting their foots in their mouths. Whatever works.
    What's so bad about what he said though? He just expressed his taste. If he had came out and said some bullsh*t like the sweeter the berry the sweeter the juice and how he likes his 'strong' black b*tches no'one would have came out and complain about the brother expressing his opinion. Whenever a n*gga keep it real n*ggas get militant and express this fake n*gga outrage but numbers don't lie. Who's the least sought after group of women? Who's leading in single mother stats? Who is typecasted as masculine, loud, obnoxious and beligerent in the media and who is typecasted as feminine and sweet? Ya'll saw Pam and Gina in Martin. Who protested that sh*t?

Let's not act like most brothers don't feel the way Bibby does when it comes to women. Why you think these dark b*tches spend a fortune on weaves and make themselves appear lighter in pics on fb and instagram. Why you think they alter their African features when they got the financial resources to do so? Why you think they lie about their background when they look like Chris partlow in the face FOH?
    Difference between Lil Bibby and most real n*ggas is most of us are too smart to say this sh*t openly. N*ggas don't want darkskinned women if they got options = fact and IDGAF about anyone wacking or nosigning this post. Which type of women are on the arms of financially affluent black men and which type of women you see pushing strollers alone without a man in sight?
    I invite anyone to argue the facts I stated but Ion think there's much room for disagreement.

Franz Fanon wrote about this sh*t more than half a century ago and this colourism issue is still relevant.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dl'ed that Free ? . Was a solid tape. Was bumping it yesterday. I dl'ed Welcome to Fazoland from Lil Herb yesterday. Haven't got around to listening to it from beginning to end, but what I heard thusfar it was dope. Lil Herb can def spit.

What's so bad about what he said though? He just expressed his taste. If he had came out and said some bullsh*t like the sweeter the berry the sweeter the juice and how he likes his 'strong' black b*tches no'one would have came out and complain about the brother expressing his opinion. Whenever a n*gga keep it real n*ggas get militant and express this fake n*gga outrage but numbers don't lie. Who's the least sought after group of women? Who's leading in single mother stats? Who is typecasted as masculine, loud, obnoxious and beligerent in the media and who is typecasted as feminine and sweet? Ya'll saw Pam and Gina in Martin. Who protested that sh*t?

Let's not act like most brothers don't feel the way Bibby does when it comes to women. Why you think these dark b*tches spend a fortune on weaves and make themselves appear lighter in pics on fb and instagram. Why you think they alter their African features when they got the financial resources to do so? Why you think they lie about their background when they look like Chris partlow in the face FOH?
    Difference between Lil Bibby and most real n*ggas is most of us are too smart to say this sh*t openly. N*ggas don't want darkskinned women if they got options = fact and IDGAF about anyone wacking or nosigning this post. Which type of women are on the arms of financially affluent black men and which type of women you see pushing strollers alone without a man in sight?
    I invite anyone to argue the facts I stated but Ion think there's much room for disagreement.

Franz Fanon wrote about this sh*t more than half a century ago and this colourism issue is still relevant.

Man shut the ? up with all that dumb ? .

Michelle Obama.

Fool. You forgot to speak on the FACT that white people have forced a European standard of beauty on a good majority of the planet via Movies and Television. When you are young and the "pretty girl" in the movie or on T.V. is always light then you associate that with what is beautiful. Black folks in this country are supposed to be aware of that ? and that is why statements like Bibbys come off as some ultra ignorant ? ? . What kind of follower ass mentality is that bro? A bad ? is a bad ? regardless of complexion. The ? is wrong with you ? ?

And I see PLENTY light skinned and red bone Thots b. You are tweeeeeaking.
  • Muhannad
    Options

Man shut the ? up with all that dumb ? .

Michelle Obama.

Fool. You forgot to speak on the FACT that white people have forced a European standard of beauty on a good majority of the planet via Movies and Television. When you are young and the "pretty girl" in the movie or on T.V. is always light then you associate that with what is beautiful. Black folks in this country are supposed to be aware of that ? and that is why statements like Bibbys come off as some ultra ignorant ? ? . What kind of follower ass mentality is that bro? A bad ? is a bad ? regardless of complexion. The ? is wrong with you ? ?

And I see PLENTY light skinned and red bone Thots b. You are tweeeeeaking.
    Just like I thought, namecalling and ad hominem attacks. No disrespect but you argue like a young chick. You responded off of emotion instead of taking my post for what it was and arguing it intellectually. Off the strength off that Franz Fanon namedrop alone you should have known where I was coming from.

My post was mainly about getting at dudes who show their selective outrage and saying politically correct BS when a young rapper is telling us his preference when they share that same preference and in their actions show that they agree with Bibby. Look no further than this thread. A n*gga acted like he showed darkskinned women love and what did he do? Post pics of mainly red to caramelskin b*tches with mixed features and weaves. Notice how most of these b*tches had their a*s turned to the camera. Even if he would've posted darkskinned b*tches, he still objectified them (just like these white folks you talked about did back in the day ;)) He could've posted something about their character, like how they were sweet, nurturing, nice to be around etc. but he chose to objectify them. He reduced them black b*tches to their a*s basically and that's what alot of these black dudes do to darkskinned women if you wanna go there. Why you think most black women on social media like fb and instagram got that obligatory a*s shot? It ain't even just hoodrats but professional b*tches as well...

My post was getting at the hypocrisy and I could GAF about a soft sensitive n*gga (wack this post too). Are we as blk men giving these darkskinned girls a platform where they can shine like these other races are doing for their girls? Jennifer Anniston has always been average at best to me, but you see how they media overhypes her. Same goes for Cameron Diaz or Gwynneth Palthrow. Do we have a black equivalent for these average white b*tches? Don't worry, I'll wait...

Are we as black men marrying them? How many times have you heard variations of "she's pretty, for a darkskinned girl"? I've heard that same statement in several languages FOH. Us as black men are all responsible for the fact we allowed these white folks to dictate their Eurocentric standard of beauty onto us. Let's take the responsibility for that and stop bs'ing.