(Rumor) ? of War will utilize Egyptian Gods

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
[img]http://images.kdramastars.com/data/images/full/55038/? -of-war.jpg?w=600[/img]

? of War developer Sony Santa Monica Studio appears to have teased the Kratos outing on Twitter, just a week ahead of E3 2014.

It follows Sony Santa Monica Studio cancelling its new sci-fi game, a move that earned Sony some scorn from Braid creator Jonathan Blow.

Now, the studio had this to say on Twitter:
Santa Monica Studio ✔ @SonySantaMonica
Follow
The Gods have spoken once again, maybe they are just excited for #E3 #earthquake #LA
10:40 PM - 1 Jun 2014
588 RETWEETS 344 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

The tweet is in reference to a 4.3 earthquake that hit Westwood near Los Angeles on Sunday.

Rumors are circulating that ? of War 4 could feature Kratos fighting other religious deities such as the Egyptian gods.
While there has been no confirmation from Sony that ? of War 4 would feature Kratos fighting other religious deities, fans have suggested that the story of ? of War hints that there could be other gods as speculated by user "Lexph3re" on VG24/7:

"None of the gods in ? of war are anything like their folklore counterparts. Even Athenas "Ascension" is a key point towards their being a possibility of different variants of the spiritual plane. That the Patheon were merely physical in their interpretation and that they can ascend. Which means what? Dun duh duh duuuunnnnnn! Deities of other spiritual focus."
User "clupula" even made up a scenario on how ? of War 4 could happen:

"Make it a SEQUEL to GOWIII, where Kratos ends up killing the Norse or Egyptian pantheon. I've said for the longest time, it's a no brainer how to start the next trilogy. Have Kratos trying to live a peaceful life in some new region, as he cannot die, and Athena appears to one of the other pantheons and explains that Kratos is a murderer of gods and if they do not ? him, he will surely ? them. The game starts."

"Ending, after Kratos has killed this pantheon, it is revealed that GOWIII Athena was not Athena at all, but Lucifer trying to clear the way for the current Judeo-Christian religions by killing the old gods and using Kratos as a tool."

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love GoW but They should just make another game based on Egypt

For whatever reason Ascension didn't cut it for me. I played for like two hrs and gave up on it.
    Felt redundant
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've always liked that idea. Now sayin it's the devil behind it would be walking a fine line. To close to Christianity. Folks might have some issue wit that.

INB4 boss battle fight against Goliath.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably get nosigns for this bit I'm burnt out on GOW. Part 2 was best in the series to me and 3 was a let down, didn't bother playing ascension. What they should do is create a new character and still use the Egyptian mythology.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this has been rumored for years now. the original GoW ending was rumored to have Egyptian and Viking gods too. Was supposed to involve kratos, his egyptian and viking dopplegangers, and ending with them becomin the 3 wise men who welcome the one true ? .
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    "Ending, after Kratos has killed this pantheon, it is revealed that GOWIII Athena was not Athena at all, but Lucifer trying to clear the way for the current Judeo-Christian religions by killing the old gods and using Kratos as a tool."

If they do make another GOW, they should start with a new character and weapon because they've gotten lazy as ? with the chains of fate; Same damn moves every game mixed with some new weapons that you most likely won't even use.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt play ascension either but Id cop this day 1
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't played any GoW games since the third. Are they good ones to pick up one day?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly this sounds like the latter seasons of Hercules or Xena. I think one of them went around fighting gods from other pantheons and eventually wound up crossing over with angels and such.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly this sounds like the latter seasons of Hercules or Xena. I think one of them went around fighting gods from other pantheons and eventually wound up crossing over with angels and such.

It was Hercules. I remember he was gettin his azzz kicked by Gabriel I think.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Hercules played Hercules in Gow 3 too. He got the Oberyn treatment years before GAme of Thrones.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just make an all new game with A new character in a new setting.....I haven't even played ascension
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hmmm.... coulda swore kratos already been whipping the ? of egyptian demigods and bipedal beasts...

A few of the enemies had clear Egyptian themes, but not much
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It'd be dope to play a GoW in parallel universes.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they should of had kratos take on the egyptian gods and every other pantheon (like norse) before ascension. It would of made sense following the end of GOW3. Showing how Kratos ended up making the world godless for humans
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again

ascension is the prequel before the whole damn series..without it none of the other games happened
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I like that idea that poster had in the op. name the title ? killer and make it a long game. kratos would go after gods of every major pantheon norse (just imaging kratos vs thor or odin) roman(kratos vs mars mercury Neptune etc.) Egyptian(kratos vs osirus immotehp although he's just a preist ra and Anubis horus and sehkmet. I had to go on Wikipedia to look up the eyptian pantheon . I wouldn't go with the Lucifer and judeo Christian angle I don't want the religious nuts and crybabies getting offended.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    DUB wrote: »
    Again

ascension is the prequel before the whole damn series..without it none of the other games happened

love the multiplayer although I havent' played in months thanks to the overated gta v . screw you rockstar for holding out on the heist and giving us a game that lacks substance.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

I couldn't ? with the kevin sorbo Hercules back in the day because the only one I knew was the lou ferrigno version when I first saw it that dude looked like Fabio and I was like nah I can't rock with this ? . I woke up and saw a kevin sorbo Hercules vs the amazon women on starz and some ? it was pretty cool. lucy lawless was in this but I think she played hypolita and not xena.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This would be dope as ? , i love egyptian mythology.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be dope if they eventually put it into Norse mythology too!
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think they need to revamp the combat system if they are indeed making a new game

Add some layers to that ?

Sigh nobody wants to make a straight up Egyptian game.
    Racist ? . So much to be explored
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They could go into Japanese mythology with amaterasu, tsukuyomi and mikaboshi and other h
    Japanese Gods