Where should Melo go? Or should should he stay in NY? Explain your choice.

Options

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    Best shot he has at a ring imo, he'll still get his shots and Thibodeau knows how to hide average defenders
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    Those picking Chicago, is this with our without Rose? Could he do it without him?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    S2J wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »
    01 rose
    02 butler
    03 melo
    04 gibson
    05 noah

Add a solid bench, could challenge lebron

Sigh. How fuking long do i have to rant and rave about the Bulls. Thats NOT ENOUGH!!!

So a OKC squad with Durant (better than Melo) and RW (healthier than Rose) cant get over the ? , but that team will!?!? Taj Gibson as your starting pf?...Jimmy Butler?
    smh Yall so stubborn.

You don't need a team wit all stars at every position.2 scorers with solid rebounding and elite defense is a championship recipe.

Then you're comparing the bulls motion offense(consistent movement,back door cuts/screens,drive and kick) to that wacc ass okc offense where they just jack jumpers and rotate isos between russ and the servant all game.Bulls were top 10 in team assists despite not having their pg.Bulls need a scorer/scoring

Smh Nggas learn nothing. So when Miami wins its 3rd title in a row NOT using that model will you then be willing to change, or?? B/c they have 3 "scorers" (which is dumb wording anyway b/c they are much more than "scorers", perhaps what u mean is "stars"), they have terrible rebounding, but a gang of 3pt shooters...or if SA wins it'll be due to 3 "scorers" and a gang of shooters...when Dallas won it was due to a gang of shooters.

The defense of course will always be SOMEWHAT of a constant, but not as impt as you think. Chicago is working on an antiquated model, and despite the success of the teams who've flourished in recent years, yall STILL havent learned. smh

So even SA and 1 of the best coaches of all time in Popovich has changed his model---from "2/3 scorers and defense" to all out scoring and the 3 ball---but the Bulls are good enough to not have to? smh

You sound like an idiot bruh.Miami is the EXCEPTION to the rule and if u take lebron off that team they'd get sonned he is the reason miami is elite and he's one of the greatest ever.Everybody can't and won't use that miami model.Look at the last 5 champs lakers 2 stars,role players,solid defense,spurs 3 stars,role players,solid defense,Mavs 1 star,several role players solid defense,heat 1 star (and a star by name but shaq was damn near washed) several role players iiight defense,pistons no stars Elite defense and role players.So now everybody needs to follow miamis way? Foh ?

This ngga stay takin "his team" personal. We got another greenwood.

And you cite the Pistons of 2004 and the Heat from 2006??! Catch up ngga its almost 2015.

Im not attacking the Bulls for their lack of "stars", im attacking them based on their lack of scoring and firepower, 3 pt shooting, etc. You're not winning with that 2 yards and a pil of dust bullshyt they on. And shame on you if you underestimate the sophistication of the game and think somethign that worked even just 8.9 years ago is gon work today.

Proof? I'll post it again @rd and @billfiger in case you didnt see it the first time:

Even SA and 1 of the best coaches of all time in Popovich has changed his model---from "2/3 scorers and defense" to all out scoring, depth, and the 3 ball.

Even with Bron, wade, and Bosh, Miami won the last 2 yrs b/c of Bron at the 4 and spacing with depth and 3's.
    And yes defense. Chicago has the defesne, but w/ Thibs and the way of thinking similar to yall, they will NEVER have the offense.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York Knicks
    Parallel wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    GettinLo wrote: »
    MIAMI or Lakers...

Chicago... Rose hasnt provend he can stay healthy
    Houston... Harden & Howard haven't proven they are capable of winning ? ... that team should have at least gotten out of the 1st round, those dudes don't have the will to win... Melo and Harden can't co-exist, especially now that Harden avg's 25PPG

MIA Melo would be comfy playing 2nd fiddle to Bron knowing that Wade will retire in the next 2 yrs

Lakers.. Lakers ALWAYS reload and are in contention for a chip (Won chips in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's & 10)

GTFOH

These guys been each others rivals, since The public school era, as teenagers.
    Carmelo always show up to face Lebron.
    He's never, and I mean never, are going to sign up, and play with Lebron. not to mention hes always been overshadowed by lebron.

The media hyped them up as rivals...fans wanted them to be rivals...in reality they are friends and LeBron has already shown interest in being his teammate.

Dude u watch to much cartoons.
    Rivals can't be friends?
    Melo always, and I mean always get up for Bron.
    I remember In his 2nd Year, In a slam magazine interview , He held a record of his matchups with Bron.
    Melo Is not teaming up with Bron
  • S2J
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    So now everybody needs to follow miamis way? Foh ?

You ask this as you campaign to add Melo to the Bulls. Clown.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly don't know. He'll have to be somewhere where he isn't the team's 1st and 2nd offensive option, if he wants to win. Melo's best teams were when he had players around who could be ball-dominant and efficient when needed to be (Chauncey Billups and Kenyon Martin before they were past their primes) and rim protectors (prime Marcus Camby, Birdman and Nene).

If the Knicks shed some dead weight and add a weapon or two, they'd fit that description along with a few other teams like Chicago.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    @S2J‌ bruh u making no sense

Im making perfect sense. Perhaps you cant grasp it. Championship ball is being played 1 way, the Bulls r playing a completely different way.

I spelled it all out, yet your rebuttal is 'u make no sense'. You clearly have no input on the matter.

How the ? is the Bulls with Melo not enough

They had 2 sixth man of the year candidates coming off the bench and would add much need scoring with Melo an by getting Rose back

How are they the same as OKC when they play great defense unlike OKC and are well coached and disciplined unlike OKC ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    01 rose
    02 butler
    03 melo
    04 gibson
    05 noah

Sigh. How fuking long do i have to rant and rave about the Bulls. Thats NOT ENOUGH!!!

So a OKC squad with Durant (better than Melo) and RW (healthier than Rose) cant get over the ? , but that team will!?!? Taj Gibson as your starting pf?...Jimmy Butler?
    smh Yall so stubborn.

You don't need a team wit all stars at every position.2 scorers with solid rebounding and elite defense is a championship recipe.

Then you're comparing the bulls motion offense(consistent movement,back door cuts/screens,drive and kick) to that wacc ass okc offense where they just jack jumpers and rotate isos between russ and the servant all game.Bulls were top 10 in team assists despite not having their pg.Bulls need a scorer/scoring

Smh Nggas learn nothing. So when Miami wins its 3rd title in a row NOT using that model will you then be willing to change, or?? B/c they have 3 "scorers" (which is dumb wording anyway b/c they are much more than "scorers", perhaps what u mean is "stars"), they have terrible rebounding, but a gang of 3pt shooters...or if SA wins it'll be due to 3 "scorers" and a gang of shooters...when Dallas won it was due to a gang of shooters.

The defense of course will always be SOMEWHAT of a constant, but not as impt as you think. Chicago is working on an antiquated model, and despite the success of the teams who've flourished in recent years, yall STILL havent learned. smh

So even SA and 1 of the best coaches of all time in Popovich has changed his model---from "2/3 scorers and defense" to all out scoring and the 3 ball---but the Bulls are good enough to not have to? smh

You sound like an idiot bruh.Miami is the EXCEPTION to the rule and if u take lebron off that team they'd get sonned he is the reason miami is elite and he's one of the greatest ever.Everybody can't and won't use that miami model.Look at the last 5 champs lakers 2 stars,role players,solid defense,spurs 3 stars,role players,solid defense,Mavs 1 star,several role players solid defense,heat 1 star (and a star by name but shaq was damn near washed) several role players iiight defense,pistons no stars Elite defense and role players.So now everybody needs to follow miamis way? Foh ?

And you cite the Pistons of 2004 and the Heat from 2006??! Catch up ngga its almost 2015.

Im not attacking the Bulls for their lack of "stars", im attacking them based on their lack of scoring and firepower, 3 pt shooting, etc. You're not winning with that 2 yards and a pil of dust bullshyt they on. And shame on you if you underestimate the sophistication of the game and think somethign that worked even just 8.9 years ago is gon work today.

Proof? I'll post it again @rd and @billfiger in case you didnt see it the first time:

Even SA and 1 of the best coaches of all time in Popovich has changed his model---from "2/3 scorers and defense" to all out scoring, depth, and the 3 ball.

Even with Bron, wade, and Bosh, Miami won the last 2 yrs b/c of Bron at the 4 and spacing with depth and 3's.
    And yes defense. Chicago has the defesne, but w/ Thibs and the way of thinking similar to yall, they will NEVER have the offense.

You say the bulls lack scoring and firepower so adding melo and rose to the unit they currently have won't be enough? Lmao @ this clown.I said 2 stars,solid rebounding and elite defense is the recipe for a title

Then you said the miami heat don't rebound good and have won championships.Again they are the EXCEPTION

In the last 25 years only the 93 bulls,04 pistons and the 12 and 13 miami heat werent in the top 10 in defensive rebounds and still won the title.Bulls have the defense,the rebounding and the hustle/role players they need SCORING adding melo is adding scoring.Adding melo to the current core would make the bulls legit title contenders.I have no idea what point you tried to make or what you were talking about

Class dismissed
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Chicago Bulls

So adding melo to the bulls is the equivalent of wade,lebron and bosh teaming up in their primes? I'm convinced you're trolling you can't be this stupid
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York Knicks
    GettinLo wrote: »
    MIAMI or Lakers...

Chicago... Rose hasnt provend he can stay healthy
    Houston... Harden & Howard haven't proven they are capable of winning ? ... that team should have at least gotten out of the 1st round, those dudes don't have the will to win... Melo and Harden can't co-exist, especially now that Harden avg's 25PPG

MIA Melo would be comfy playing 2nd fiddle to Bron knowing that Wade will retire in the next 2 yrs

Lakers.. Lakers ALWAYS reload and are in contention for a chip (Won chips in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's & 10)

GTFOH

These guys been each others rivals, since The public school era, as teenagers.
    Carmelo always show up to face Lebron.
    He's never, and I mean never, are going to sign up, and play with Lebron. not to mention hes always been overshadowed by lebron.

The media hyped them up as rivals...fans wanted them to be rivals...in reality they are friends and LeBron has already shown interest in being his teammate.

Dude u watch to much cartoons.
    Rivals can't be friends?
    Melo always, and I mean always get up for Bron.
    I remember In his 2nd Year, In a slam magazine interview , He held a record of his matchups with Bron.
    Melo Is not teaming up with Bron

So you say rivals can be friends...then you say Melo is never teaming up with Lebron because they are rivals...so you agreed and disagreed with me at the same damn time.

Their friends, but melo is to competitive , to play second fiddle to Lebron giving their history. Melo sees Bron as his equal
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    boy have times changed.. when multiple allstars arent enough.. that speaks volumes...
  • LPast
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    The only issue I have with Chicago is Rose's health. If he can't get healthy Chicago needs a back plan.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    stay with the Knicks
  • S2J
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    @S2J‌ bruh u making no sense

Im making perfect sense. Perhaps you cant grasp it. Championship ball is being played 1 way, the Bulls r playing a completely different way.

I spelled it all out, yet your rebuttal is 'u make no sense'. You clearly have no input on the matter.

How the ? is the Bulls with Melo not enough

They had 2 sixth man of the year candidates coming off the bench and would add much need scoring with Melo an by getting Rose back

How are they the same as OKC when they play great defense unlike OKC and are well coached and disciplined unlike OKC ?

OKC is not losing due to defense. They are losing due to offense in critical times. b/c only 2 guys are giving buckets consistenly. This is a team that in the reg season is among the higher scorign teams in the league.

So what do you think the Bulls gon do?

So if one of the most elite of elite duos EVER, Durant and RW, aint enough, my goodness what makes u think a questionable Rose and Melo is?? I know yall might be biased as fans but seriously, cmon.
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Houston Rockets

So adding melo to the bulls is the equivalent of wade,lebron and bosh teaming up in their primes? I'm convinced you're trolling you can't be this stupid

No your clear bias is blocking yoru better judgment. Like we havent been talking about what team Love can team up with (the Bulls continue to come up). Like people aint been talkin about potential 3 headed monsters for the last 4, 5 years Love, CP3, Deron, Melo, etc. You're delusional.
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    01 rose
    02 butler
    03 melo
    04 gibson
    05 noah

smh Yall so stubborn.

You say the bulls lack scoring and firepower so adding melo and rose to the unit they currently have won't be enough? Lmao @ this clown.I said 2 stars,solid rebounding and elite defense is the recipe for a title

Then you said the miami heat don't rebound good and have won championships.Again they are the EXCEPTION

In the last 25 years only the 93 bulls,04 pistons and the 12 and 13 miami heat werent in the top 10 in defensive rebounds and still won the title.Bulls have the defense,the rebounding and the hustle/role players they need SCORING adding melo is adding scoring.Adding melo to the current core would make the bulls legit title contenders.I have no idea what point you tried to make or what you were talking about

Class dismissed

'The thing about the old days...they the OLD days.' ? outta here you VHS cassette.

Whether you or anyone likes it or not, Lebron n co teaming up changed everything (Boston's big 3 has a share in that movement as well). You still livin in the past.

...but u keep citing teams from 25 years ago. And i'll contnue to bump these threads year...after year...after sorry ass year that the Bulls continue to bang their head against a concrete wall with their 2 yards and a pile of dust.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Bruh OKC is losing because of discipline an defense...none of this ? u talking and even on offense, that points to a coaching issue

How is a team scoring over 100 points and losing not having defensive issues? A team who can't stop the Grizzlies offense not having issues on defense?
  • S2J
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    Bruh OKC is losing because of discipline an defense...none of this ? u talking and even on offense, that points to a coaching issue

How is a team scoring over 100 points and losing not having defensive issues? A team who can't stop the Grizzlies offense not having issues on defense?

So they have a game where 4 guys score for the ENTIRE game, but you want to add more defense. They START Sefolosha, Perkins, and Ibaka, and you want MORE defense.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    ? , idk. Bulls make a ton of sense on paper, but I wonder if the experience with Amare would make Melo wary of teaming up Rose. Houston is illogical as hell to me. I don't think Miami would sink the cap space into adding a 4th star when they could use it to add some youth and athleticism to the bench.
  • LPast
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    ? , idk. Bulls make a ton of sense on paper, but I wonder if the experience with Amare would make Melo wary of teaming up Rose. Houston is illogical as hell to me. I don't think Miami would sink the cap space into adding a 4th star when they could use it to add some youth and athleticism to the bench.

Houston would create a big 3 of Melo, Harden, Howard. How does that make sense?
  • R.D.
    Options

So they have a game where 4 guys score for the ENTIRE game, but you want to add more defense. They START Sefolosha, Perkins, and Ibaka, and you want MORE defense.
    Bruh, are you sick

Do you not understand the concept of team defense and good individual defenders and the difference ?

Are you disputing OKC not being a good defensive team or disciplined
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    01 rose
    02 butler
    03 melo
    04 gibson
    05 noah

smh Yall so stubborn.

Class dismissed

'The thing about the old days...they the OLD days.' ? outta here you VHS cassette.

Whether you or anyone likes it or not, Lebron n co teaming up changed everything (Boston's big 3 has a share in that movement as well). You still livin in the past.

...but u keep citing teams from 25 years ago.
    And i'll contnue to bump these threads year...after year...after sorry ass year that the Bulls continue to bang their head against a concrete wall with their 2 yards and a pile of dust.

09-10 lakers- pau and kobe
    11 Mavericks - dirk

You a clown.This is 3-5 years ago teams wit 1 and 2 primary scoring options won the title.The Bulls wit melo and rose and some shooters added to the current core would win the title or at least get to the finals
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Other
    LPast wrote: »

Houston would create a big 3 of Melo, Harden, Howard. How does that make sense?

Because it doesn't address Houston's glaring defensive inefficiency. Then there's how you divide touches between Harden and Melo, two guys that command the ball and have been ball-stoppers nh at times. Last year Dwight felt that the offense needed to run through him more so he's really going to ? and complain if they add Melo.
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Houston Rockets

Bruh, are you sick

Do you not understand the concept of team defense and good individual defenders and the difference ?

Are you disputing OKC not being a good defensive team or disciplined

Ngga catch up to where im at man Lol I overstand what you're getting at, but that is coaching then. We're talking personel. And i've yet to hear someone who DOESNT think OKC needs a legit 3rd scorer. There's a thread on it, check it out.

And how does that relate here? Yall sayin add Melo on the Bulls and they're ready to go. No. They would be in the same hunt for a 3rd scorer. No matter how good their defense is, they not winnin no ring with Noah/Butler/Gibson as their 3rd option
  • R.D.
    Options
    Lakers beat Celtics in game 7 of 2010 finals shooting 32%

Good thing they had all that scoring lol