EBC Basketball Tournament At Rucker Park To Air On ESPN

Options
MR.CJ
MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
(AllHipHop News) The legendary tradition of New York City street ball is headed to TV. The Entertainer’s Basketball Classic (EBC), known for its star-studded summer tournaments at Rucker Park, is teaming with ESPN to air eight half-hour episodes of highlights from this year’s competition.

Fans will also have access to the 2014 Summer Tournament via the web with live streaming of two games taking place once a week on the EBC website. This announcement comes in conjunction with EBC revealing it has secured corporate sponsorships with Reebok Classic, Monster Energy Drink, New Era and The Ultimate Fan (T.U.F.).

“With the support of our new sponsors, we are able to take the EBC at Rucker Park to new heights,” says EBC Founder Greg Marius. “Over the last 30 years, we have continued to make improvements and evolve the game of street ball, while still remaining authentic and true to its core, which are both beneficial to our players and basketball fans. These most recent improvements allow us to enhance the excitement and experience the community have when they visit the EBC at Rucker Park.

”The court at West 155th Street and Frederick Douglass Boulevard’s Rucker Parker is no longer topped with asphalt. Players will now ball on a NBA-style outdoor wood floor. The new floor will feature images of celebrated EBC players that have passed away- Malik Sealy, John “Big Strick” Strickland, Troy “Escalade” Jackson and Tyrone “Alimoe” Evans. In addition, new bleachers and a digital scoreboard have been added to the park.

The 2014 EBC Summer Basketball Tournament kicked off on June 16th. A Men’s division, Women’s division, Tri-state High School division, and several Youth divisions will all take place. Special celebrity coaches from music and the NBA are expected to participate as well. Last year saw professional ballers like Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and Shaquille O’Neal and Hip Hop stars like Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, and Fat Joe make appearances.

Watch video of Kevin Durant dropping 66 points at The Rucker in 2011.

http://youtu.be/Gw2gDlRBmDE

http://allhiphop.com/2014/06/17/ebc-basketball-tournament-at-rucker-park-to-air-show-on-espn/

Comments

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something to watch in summer after world cup
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn shame it took them this long.

Edit: Oh yea...Dip Set gettin jumped on TNT 'On Hollowed Ground' probly set that movement back.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I been wondering why none of the summer leagues stream their games... this is good ? ... I plan to hit the Ruck this summer sometime too...
    edit:
    their website is terrible. there is no mention of any of this. I can't find info on this anywhere.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K keep telling me to speak about the Rucker.....matter fact ion wanna speak about the Rucker
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember this ? in the 2000s bone collector was gone at tinsley ? was entertaining as ? anyone else remember

Remember white chocolate
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't followed this in years, I'ma ? with it
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    They need to do dyckman also
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNICKLYN wrote: »
    love NYC streetball

no better place than to test your skills in the Mecca

I been to rucker.......they will abuse you of you don't come with your "A" game
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to go there at least once this summer got to get that ratchet first though
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When the ? ao die
  • Max.
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    love NYC streetball

no better place than to test your skills in the Mecca

I been to rucker.......they will abuse you of you don't come with your "A" game

I went out there n ran all them johni blaze ? off the court
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh I remember back in the day when ? talking about they can ? with NBA players smh I don't see the big deal NBA player go play there and light they ass up it's no reason to go play there if you're a NBA player ? is overrated
  • S2J
    Options
    I been wondering why none of the summer leagues stream their games... this is good ? ... I plan to hit the Ruck this summer sometime too...
    edit:
    their website is terrible. there is no mention of any of this. I can't find info on this anywhere.

WHEN HOOD NGGAS ARE RUNNIN ?

And all it takes is some lil college kid w/ initiative to say 'hey, i'll do xyz for free'....Build a name smh

But who'll end up doin it? Some lil white kid who will then run EBC in 20 years. CULTURE VULTURES!

Went on tangent, but ...anyway.
  • S2J
    Options
    I remember this ? in the 2000s bone collector was gone at tinsley ? was entertaining as ? anyone else remember

Remember white chocolate

You can see him in the Durant 66 point video...Anybody remember that TV show they had? Silk, White Chocolate, etc...
  • playmaker88
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If you dont leave carcasses there cant be vultures are you talkin about the mtv show
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    When the ? ao die

Hes still alive, alimoe was da one dat died
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only found out about Alimoe dying because I was looking for more info on this supposed deal... RIP
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rucker is the most popular one but a true ball head from NYC knows they're other parts within the 5 boroughs where you'll find stiff competition.

Like @MR.CJ said, Dyckman in Queens, .

dyckman is uptown in the wash heights/inwood area but i agree wit everything else, i think theres other spots that go harder than the rucker its just that ? got the history.....
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Dyckman was the Dominican area uptown
  • playmaker88
    Options

Remember white chocolate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCxNRfKbps
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Dyckman is the Dominican area uptown

all them rappers Jim,Santana,Fab, Buddens etc be up there when there is ball games ? poppin good ballin and bad ? .

Rucker got the history

West 4th aka the cage is cool just ? abit small so it gets crowded

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dayum, idk alimoe died...thats sad. i know escalade been gone too
  • Max.
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    When the ? ao die

Hes still alive, alimoe was da one dat died

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oooooooook
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    Dyckman is the Dominican area uptown

all them rappers Jim,Santana,Fab, Buddens etc be up there when there is ball games ? poppin good ballin and bad ? .

Rucker got the history

West 4th aka the cage is cool just ? abit some so it gets crowded

@dalyricalbandit yea I heard it be poppin at dyckman
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    edit:

WHEN HOOD NGGAS ARE RUNNIN ?

And all it takes is some lil college kid w/ initiative to say 'hey, i'll do xyz for free'....Build a name smh

But who'll end up doin it? Some lil white kid who will then run EBC in 20 years. CULTURE VULTURES!

Went on tangent, but ...anyway.

You can't blame white people for recognizing the potential of something and capitalizing on it. That's not being a culture vulture. That's being a savvy business man. And it ain't like we're talking about corner boys running this tournament. This is the Entertainers tournament. You trying to tell me that one of these rich rap guys couldn't have found a few black IT guys and gotten them to do something like this?