Predator Getting The Reboot Treatment From Iron Man 3's Shane Black

Options
lazypakman
lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
predator_43593.jpg
The Hollywood Reporter has learned from sources that Black has signed a deal with Twentieth Century Fox that will see the filmmaker take the helm of a brand new Predator reboot. In addition to directing the movie, Black is also writing the treatment for the project, which he will then turn over to Fred Dekker - Black's co-writer on 1987's Monster Squad - who will pen the screenplay. Details about the project remain unclear, but the trade report suggests that the film could be planned as a relaunch of the 80s franchise.

Comments

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt mind a reboot on the alien vs predator movies.

But theres really no need to reboot the stand alone predator movies.

Predator 2 had its ups and downs but it was still a descent movie.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt they reboot this already a couple years ago with Adrian Brody?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have no choice but to turn this into a horror flick.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt have any issues with the Predators sequel and thought it was a fine extension of the series.

who exactly was clamoring for a reboot.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The predators at the end of the film aren't real, they're just clones of Sir Ben Kingsley, FOH and no thanks.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no no no no no hell no
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL@ Iron Man 3's Shane Black. Yeah that would alleviate the concerns of genre nerds. How about Predator's Shane Black? he was after all the first person we see get killed on screen in that movie. How about Shane Black the writer of Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon 2 and The Last Boyscout? or even Shane Black the man who helped RDJ come back before it was cool? (Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang).
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    LOL@ Iron Man 3's Shane Black. Yeah that would alleviate the concerns of genre nerds. How about Predator's Shane Black? he was after all the first person we see get killed on screen in that movie. How about Shane Black the writer of Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon 2 and The Last Boyscout? or even Shane Black the man who helped RDJ come back before it was cool? (Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang).

What causes you to get so upset over a header title?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Predator should never be rebooted/remade or whatever. Along with Robocop and Aliens it's a perfect science fiction/action movie.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »

What causes you to get so upset over a header title?

Yes because laughing out loud at something is a clear sign of getting upset. Some of you people have really lame perceptive skills.

Nevertheless if you're going to create an article about somebody rebooting Predator I think it will help qualm fears if you kick a little history to all the ignorant genre fans of today that read these articles. A simple reminder that this guy has had his hands on many movies they consider classic including the original Predator might go a long way in keeping these people from going into senseless bitchfests.

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I give it a chance. If it's wack so what? I won't watch it again.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they should have the predators have a war with the aliens for like the whole movie...like a planet invasion type thing...

that ? would be goat
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should of just let Robert Rodriguez continue his run he movie was great
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehhh, don't see the point but I'll check it out anyway
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want a sequel to predators not a reboot of this and I'm sure if they do reboot it they will find a way to make it
    Pg13 smh leave good movies alone hollyweird
  • jay83
    Options
    [quote="Vader;7155967"]I want a sequel to predators not a reboot of this and I'm sure if they do reboot it they will find a way to make it
    [/quote]
    http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/

Looks like its not a reboot but a sequel to predator now.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They originally wanted to bring danny glover back to reprise his role as the cop mike harrigan from P2 to be in predators but he turned it down
  • Broddie
    Options

giphy.gif

Are people on this site autistic or something?

I think I should probably just stop posting here.
  • jay83
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    They originally wanted to bring danny glover back to reprise his role as the cop mike harrigan from P2 to be in predators but he turned it down

"im too old for this ? "

• jay83
    Options
    Hope they reboot this scene as well. Should of been in the final cut. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOw47NC_sxI

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Hope they reboot this scene as well. Should of been in the final cut. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOw47NC_sxI

10x GOAT's for this post^^^

That was cool nice drop I never seen that before.....
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt have any issues with the Predators sequel and thought it was a fine extension of the series.

who exactly was clamoring for a reboot.

I'm convinced all of these reboots is part of some Hollywood money scheme. Sort of like how they do with re-releasing songs on 4 different albums(artist album, soundtracks, anthologies, greatest hits, etc). They reboot a successful movie every few years and milk the sure shot cash cow again in another decade or so. They probably get to take advantage of loop holes with it being a "reboot" and not a direct sequel to an already cannon stable franchise.

I don't know, I'm just talking ? really. But I highly doubt they're green lighting these reboots out of a genuine fanboy love for the franchises.