Lil Wayne "Tha Carter" In Review: 10 Year Anniversary

Options

Comments

• Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wayne did a hell of a job on dis album yo!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Wow we comparing this to ? and the chronic now,

what did those 2 albums do that the carter ain't do....

Sell more
    Have a far greater cultural impact
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao at Carter compared to Chronic and ? Jesus Christ lay off the ? you smoking
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His best work to date

If Gillie didn't write it, his influence on it was dope. Tha Heat is my favorite Lil Wayne song.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Sell more

selling in the 90 ' s was way easier than it was in 2004... but it still did good numbers...

cultural impact? just like ? and cronic... the carter helped influence the generation it was made in...

so next?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Sell more

selling in the 90 ' s was way easier than it was in 2004... but it still did good numbers...

cultural impact? just like ? and cronic... the carter helped influence the generation it was made in...

so next?

You said it did things that the Chronic and ? did. It didn't sell more. What were the Carter's influences? How did it change the game?
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    classic or not its a great album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TkWgSfs1jE

i swear when i 1st got tha carter i ran this song back like 5 times and to this day still my favorite wayne song, i play this ? to remind me that wayne wasn't always ?
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Sell more

so next?

You said it did things that the Chronic and ? did. It didn't sell more. What were the Carter's influences? How did it change the game?

It help bring wayne to a dominate force from 04 till at least 2012... it also and because of the fact that wayne ran the game for those years that means he helped change the game...

and also I'm sure he went Plat off that album... (sold 100k 1st week) so it's still comparable. ..
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Sell more

so next?

It help bring wayne to a dominate force from 04 till at least 2012... it also and because of the fact that wayne ran the game for those years that means he helped change the game...

and also I'm sure he went Plat off that album... (sold 100k 1st week) so it's still comparable. ..

The Chronic and ? created a new sound that for good or bad had been emulated for years by other west coast artists and even artists from other regions.

The Carter was cool but did that album give 90% southern artists their sound? That album's sound was already established from years past.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Sell more

so next?

The Chronic and ? created a new sound that for good or bad had been emulated for years by other west coast artists and even artists from other regions.

The Carter was cool but did that album give 90% southern artists their sound? That album's sound was already established from years past.

So I'm guessing nwa didn't drop a west coast sounding album before Chronic and ? ...
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Sell more

so next?

So I'm guessing nwa didn't drop a west coast sounding album before Chronic and ? ...

They did. But the Chronic and ? influenced an entire generation of artists all over.
  • Turfaholic
    Options

Sell more

so next?

They did. But the Chronic and ? influenced an entire generation of artists all over.

? stopped hippity hopping when NWA dropped tho
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Sell more

so next?

I don't understand what this means.
  • Turfaholic
    Options

Sell more

so next?

NWA changed the face of hiphop. Even in NY
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Sell more

so next?

And you think lil wayne hassnt? any rapper who comes out under the age of 25 most likely will have wayne as one of they top artist and the carter is one of the reason...
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Wayne was still regional after the Carter dropped. He didnt become a mega star until Carter 3 and Lollipop. Stop with the revisionist ? .
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Wayne was still regional after the Carter dropped. He didnt become a mega star until Carter 3 and Lollipop. Stop with the revisionist ? .

Yea regional when there was a bidding war for him after the carter dropped... also you can't deny the ? buzz around that time... carter 3 was commercial.. but he was a mega star before that... he could not have done the numbers he did if that wasn't the case...
  • nujerz84
    Options

Yea regional when there was a bidding war for him after the carter dropped... also you can't deny the ? buzz around that time... carter 3 was commercial.. but he was a mega star before that... he could not have done the numbers he did if that wasn't the case...

The Bidding War happen after Carter 2 not the First Carter. Buzz was relegated to Mainly the South and Part of Midwest. He was not a mega star as result of the Carter. Even if you throw in Carter 2 you can't say he was most popular rapper from the south.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

The Bidding War happen after Carter 2 not the First Carter. Buzz was relegated to Mainly the South and Part of Midwest. He was not a mega star as result of the Carter. Even if you throw in Carter 2 you can't say he was most popular rapper from the south.

Wayne had buzz on the east too around that time believe that... also besides t.i who was on his level at that time?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He had a buzz but he wasn't a mega star until after Carter 2. Pretty much 06-07
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    That still don't change the fact that the carter helped all that...m
  • Turfaholic
    Options

U mean he wasn't a pop star.......

Cash Money was already legendary in the urban market b4 Carter 3.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Sell more

so next?

NWA changed the face of hiphop. Even in NY

They were influential but they didn't "change the face of hip hop"
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U mean he wasn't a pop star.......

Cash Money was already legendary in the urban market b4 Carter 3.

Pop star, mega star, whatever. The ? wasn't none of that until after the Carter 2