Satanism....and all the misrepresentations about it.

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in The Social Lounge
No, I don't plan to become one, but I did read some things, and I was intrigued, mostly at how it stacks up with Christianity:

(View this webpage for reference)

Satanism is a different religion to Christianity. It has almost entirely different beliefs, difference sources and a different history.

Satanism is not the worship of the Christian Satan, because then Satanism would be part of Christianity.

In order to believe in the Christian Satan, you have to be a Christian. Satanists are not Christians, their beliefs are different. The "Satan" of Satanism is different to the Satan of Christianity.

There is no heaven to fall from, no ? to do battle with, no hell to fall to. These are all ideas made up and used by Christians, and are not shared by Satanism.

It's actually more related to Atheism if anything.....

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

by Anton Szandor LaVey
    © 1967

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Do not harm little children.

Do not ? non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Satanism is related to Christian. In Satanism it is believed that Christian has perverted the truth. Satan holds the best interest of man in his heart while the Christian ? spread false hope and lies.

As an atheist I can assure you we think satanists are as kooky as any other theist.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    There are theistic Satanists and atheistic Satanists.

The former version identifies with various incarnations of evil associated with different religions including Christianity, Hinduism, and Egyptian mysticism. They celebrate and literally believe in Satan, Hades, Shaitan, Set, etc.

The latter sees the figure of Satan as allegorical, not literal. They don't react as strongly towards religions because they don't actually believe in angels and demons. To them, it's all symbolic and philosophical.

All Satanists, theists or atheists, basically encourage pure, truthful, unrestrained, righteous hedonism. Do what you want. Be free, but do not tread upon the freedom of others and accept responsibility for your actions.

It ain't a bad school to study in. It's not Luciferianism, but it's a big step in the right direction.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options

The former version identifies with various incarnations of evil associated with different religions including Christianity, Hinduism, and Egyptian mysticism. They celebrate and literally believe in Satan, Hades, Shaitan, Set, etc.

The latter sees the figure of Satan as allegorical, not literal. They don't react as strongly towards religions because they don't actually believe in angels and demons. To them, it's all symbolic and philosophical.

All Satanists, theists or atheists, basically encourage pure, truthful, unrestrained, righteous hedonism. Do what you want. Be free, but do not tread upon the freedom of others and accept responsibility for your actions.

It ain't a bad school to study in. It's not Luciferianism, but it's a big step in the right direction.

Co-sign....and for the record, Satan in the Bible commits almost no atrocities , while the Bible ? openly admits to being responsible for good and evil. I'd rather more people be Satanist then Christian to be honest
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? is idiots. There is nothing good about satanism. Christian satan? Huh? I'm sure the Muslim satan is just as evil. I'm sure the catholic satan ain't too friendly. Whatever different name they choose, it's ALL EVIL, and you need to stay away from it.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Y'all ? is idiots. There is nothing good about satanism. Christian satan? Huh? I'm sure the Muslim satan is just as evil. I'm sure the catholic satan ain't too friendly. Whatever different name they choose, it's ALL EVIL, and you need to stay away from it.

Why?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Co-sign....and for the record, Satan in the Bible commits almost no atrocities , while the Bible ? openly admits to being responsible for good and evil. I'd rather more people be Satanist then Christian to be honest

no Satan and mankind stays in a state of Eden. so what the ? are you taking about
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey when I was a teen...

Interesting read, not for me, but no structured belief system really is...
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    I read the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey when I was a teen...

Interesting read, not for me, but no structured belief system really is...

My feelings exactly....
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

no Satan and mankind stays in a state of Eden. so what the ? are you taking about

Either way Christians speak about how evil Satan is allegedly, while ignoring that the Bible ? openly admits to being RESPONSIBLE FOR and CREATING good AND EVIL.....while Satan in the Bible, interestingly, commits no atrocities and admits no evils LOL

So um, what the ? are YOU talking about....?
  • zombie
    Options

Either way Christians speak about how evil Satan is allegedly, while ignoring that the Bible ? openly admits to being RESPONSIBLE FOR and CREATING good AND EVIL.....while Satan in the Bible, interestingly, commits no atrocities and admits no evils LOL

? does not cause evil it's not as cut and dry as you are trying to make it, you need a serious theology class you never seem to know what the ? you are talking about. it's not evil ? creates its calamity and yes there is a difference.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

? does not cause evil it's not as cut and dry as you are trying to make it, you need a serious theology class you never seem to know what the ? you are talking about. it's not evil ? creates its calamity and yes there is a difference.

Didn't the Bible ? say that he created good and evil?
  • zombie
    Options

no not exactly to explain what I mean to someone like you would take me writing an essay.
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options

No. The bible says ? created free will. According to the Bible, evil comes from not following rules that ? thinks people should follow. Take Adam and Eve for example. Evil came upon Adam and Eve for two reasons:

1. ? put men and women over animals, but Eve allowed herself to be led by a snake.
    2. ? gave his commands to Adam to enforce, but Adam let Eve take charge.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    This will be very easy.....is that all? Ya'll SURE the Bible doesn't say that ? CREATED good AND evil?

Last chance....
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

no not exactly to explain what I mean to someone like you would take me writing an essay.

No need for you to write an essay. Answering my question requires a few sentences, because the Bible verses make very clear the Bible ? ADMITS to creating good and evil. There's a reason why Christianity is mocked and made fun of you know.

Last chance.....are you SURE the Bible ? doesn't admit to creating good AND evil.....? I'll even give you a FULL DAY to take back what you just said, unless someone else here brings out the passage
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listening to anyone besides self can easily lead you astray.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    This will be very easy.....is that all? Ya'll SURE the Bible doesn't say that ? CREATED good AND evil?

Last chance....

These ? know what that scripture says. They just want to play dumb and act like "evil" doesn't REALLY mean evil.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

Last chance....

These ? know what that scripture says. They just want to play dumb and act like "evil" doesn't REALLY mean evil.

Yeah, the word is CALAMNITY now LOL......I'm giving them a chance to actually read their scripture before they respond to me. This will be easy.
  • zombie
    Options

No need for you to write an essay. Answering my question requires a few sentences, because the Bible verses make very clear the Bible ? ADMITS to creating good and evil. There's a reason why Christianity is mocked and made fun of you know.

Last chance.....are you SURE the Bible ? doesn't admit to creating good AND evil.....? I'll even give you a FULL DAY to take back what you just said, unless someone else here brings out the passage

I know what you are going to post and I know what you are going to say. I just don't have the patience to go through with you why your assertion which will be made based on misunderstanding of scripture taken out of context is wrong.
  • zombie
    Options

Last chance....

Yeah, the word is CALAMNITY now LOL......I'm giving them a chance to actually read their scripture before they respond to me. This will be easy.

if you actually read the word in the language it was written in its
    meaning is not evil the way westerners understand the concept
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

I know what you are going to post and I know what you are going to say. I just don't have the patience to go through with you why your assertion which will be made based on misunderstanding of scripture taken out of context is wrong.

Going through hoola hoops and mind warps ain't gonna change what your own "holy book" says about its ? and its CREATION and SUPPORT of evil. The Bible makes very clear who created and SUPPORTS evil, and that is the Bible ? himself. I don't need a context or understanding to know what the Bible ? meant when it admitted to creating and supporting evil.
  • zombie
    Options
    @kingmaker84 you forget I no longer respect your criticisms about Christian belief because I'v found you to be intellectually dishonest.

and soul rattler you basically revealed yourself to be working under the spirit of the serpent in that otheir thread and you have my sincere sympathy.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Shame on the ? Bible ? for admitting its role in creating and supporting evil.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @kingmaker84 you forget I no longer respect your criticisms about Christian belief because I'v found you to be intellectually dishonest.

and soul rattler you basically revealed yourself to be working under the spirit of the serpent in that otheir thread and you have my sincere sympathy.

I'm very honest, intellectually and otherwise. I know what the Bible says about the Bible ? creating and supporting evil as a result. You know and I know I have the proof. And frankly, it's much more honorable for one to be a Satanist compared to a Christian who worships an evil ? . No wonder Christians have committed so much ? , slavery, and genocide over the years. Christians follow an evil ? , so it makes sense Christians are known for great world events like the genocide of native Americans and the massive rapes of African slaves.

You're proud to belong to such a group, aren't you? TSK TSK! I'll ? on your Bible later tonight. On a cleaner page, I'll wipe my ass with it as well.