Are you where you are in life where you thought you would have been when you were young?

Options
MazterChef
MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
As the op says are you there or at a different place?

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not but I think it worked out best because I've made mistakes some major but have learned from them, if I would have been successful and made those same mistakes id be in a worst position, so I'm optimistic about the future, only 25
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hell no. I ain't trippin though, my position in life is my own fault. You gotta take your mistakes, learn from em and keep it pushin.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, I'm on the right track though
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    No, but at least i'm in my last year of community college. I'm on the right track doe.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tired of these ? ass threads
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new hire acted amazed when I said I've been welding for 10 years. I never thought about it till he acted like it was a big deal. If somebody back then told me I'd be doing this ? for this long, I'd have laughed at them. It's all good though.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    The new hire acted amazed when I said I've been welding for 10 years. I never thought about it till he acted like it was a big deal. If somebody back then told me I'd be doing this ? for this long, I'd have laughed at them. It's all good though.

That's some good money right there my boy pops a welder and he be on vacation more than he working
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I HONESTLY AM... WHEN I WAS 17, I SAID THAT I WANTED 2 B MARRIED BY 25.. HAVE A HOUSE, OWN LAND, 2 CARS AND A KID....
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ? I just realized what I wanted to do with my life career wise acouple yrs ago. With that being said, Ive made great business moves that would enable me to support my fam, but I always knew that the field I was in wasnt something that I wanted to do for the rest of my life. 2014 has been a great year for me, and if everything goes as planned I should be releasing a short film sometime at the top of next year.
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't have any true aspirations. I thought I would die early so no but I'm happy
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell no. I ain't trippin though, my position in life is my own fault. You gotta take your mistakes, learn from em and keep it pushin.

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never thought i see my 40s and if i did i figured i be in the box. by the grace of ? im still here and for me thats more than i could ever ask for.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on the way, but im not as far as i had thunk it
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint dead or in jail next year when i turn 30 i can say i made it
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    nope.....i honestly didnt think i would live to see 30. my old hood was kinda randomly crazy and in philly just being a young black dude can get you killed by another black youth without provocation.

i never ever thought i would have what i have, see what i saw and live where i live.

I am thankful all the time for what i have and where i am. sooooo thankful

i have been truly blessed

Crying.gif
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw I wasn't dreaming big enough
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nope

but I'm happy
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup, I knew I was gonna be some sort of Struggling Artist.

Im on some Pinero ? right now. Just replace crime with Boxing

"THE 954" Help Us Put this MOVIE Out!
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/its-just-us-entertainment
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope I was a big dreamer.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I just realized what I wanted to do with my life career wise acouple yrs ago. With that being said, Ive made great business moves that would enable me to support my fam, but I always knew that the field I was in wasnt something that I wanted to do for the rest of my life. 2014 has been a great year for me, and if everything goes as planned I should be releasing a short film sometime at the top of next year.

About what?
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a lil behind. I'm 23 bout to graduate from college and just now really acquiring internships. Still not really stable in providing for myself at this point, but my vision of what I want for the future is getting clearer. I started panicking a lil when i turned 23 tho like "Oh ? I'm bout to be 30 now my life is over" lmao
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Minor setback didn't stop me.....I will be a pharmacist in 2 yrs
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    33 married with a child my own house and on the verge of being a 6 figure brother once I pass this CPA next year

hell naw I didn't see this coming....One thing I did see coming was that I was going to be a positive and not a negative role model....Mentoring these kids is a challenge but it makes me feel good giving the young folks knowledge. I vowed to be a real parent and not part time like my moms was and no time at all like my father. My grandparents saved my life. Life is good