What's The Point Of Marriage? (I Think MOST Of Us Get Married TOO Young)

Options
GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
edited August 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
I Know I Know, but something came up I take The "L"

Okay, what's the point of getting married? It seems like it's about the entertainment factor these days. Now, people get married and divorced all the time. Marriage isn't the same as it was years ago. Most people just marry someone else for financial means. Plus when you married you can't do ? that you used to do. Like having ? buddies and ? . Sometimes people have told me it gets boring doing the same routine in bed. This was when I used to talk to people at school about ? like this. What's marriage anyway? It used to be when someone was in love with their S/O and wanted to start a family. However, that ? changed quick. People marry people that's golddiggers and etc.

black20marriage.jpg

2969076333_53c95f666c.jpg

african-american-couple-wedding-1+garden.jpg

alicia-and-lance-engagement-photo-session.jpg?w=560

My Thoughts: I only believe you should get married when you are responsible. That's like in your late 20's or early 30's. Young people think of ? and having hookups. Because most of us aren't ready for a relationship. That's why I think so many of us men cheat. I'm not the cheating type, but these are mainly the reasons as to why we cheat. Most of us aren't responsible to take care of a woman. Basically, we just want to ? and move on to the next one. Some women get it too, but it's the ones that don't. Those are m thoughts.

Comments

• dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage is all about legal paperwork...and it makes it harder to break up with a person...kinda pointless
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Marriage is all about legal paperwork...and it makes it harder to break up with a person...kinda pointless

100% word
    Marriage has always been about economics... Romantic love is a relatively new concept...

True, and for me to get married we would really have to have something going on.
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still have "faith" in marriage. I just need my S/O to do so aswell too, and not for tha money.

Ain't no ? THAT good
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ain't nothin wrong with marriage...? just like to complicate ? .
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in house ? my nig
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    in house ? my nig

U can't really beat that imo. Once you KNOW how somebody's mind and body works and wat makes them tick - and vice versa too - then that's tha sweetest pleasure in the world.

I've literally sex'd hundreds of chicks (no lie). But most of them couldn't top tha ones who really knew Me. True story
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options

True
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage is what you make it. I'm not knocking anyone who is deciding to be faithful and build a strong functional family. Close thread.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hate your stock photo threads...
  • Blacjason
    Blacjason Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Options
    Been with my lady since high school (of course I've dabbled)... but ya'll are going to learn the hard way these hoes don't get cleaner with age. They just keep adding luggage and you are the one that has to carry to it
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marriage actually has a legitimate purpose in building wealth and creating families

the best scenario for children is to raise them in a household with their married parents

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage is pointless in this day and age, for men atleast.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll do it if the right one comes along
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Marriage is pointless in this day and age, for men atleast.

Not really
    There was a thread about bastard babies getting their mother's last name instead of their father's

If you have kids and want them to carry on your name marriage is the way to go
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These days its just a way for females to tell the world, "HEY LOOK! SOMEBODY LOVES ME SO IM IMPORTANT!"

It's a status symbol and a "come up" for ? really. There is no point.

For the people mentioning children and "family" you can achieve the samethings without putting a gun to your head with a binding contract that will raise your alimony and child support in the future. If you're a male there is no reasonable reason to get married other than you scared she will leave you if you dont. And in that case she doesnt deserve to be married anyway.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Marriage isn't for everyone.

There will be those men and women to a lessor degree that will enjoy dating and being free over the legal paperwork and legal obligations of a marriage.

Marriage has its advantages for instance it's better to raise children in a two parent household with a mother figure and father figure.

Many might argue it isn't necessary for a couple to be married to do that, but a lot of researched based statistics show there are indeed advantages kids born to married couples have over kids born to unmarried couples.

It's always good to have an extra income coming through the house as well.

Someone who is married to you is a lot less likely to leave as well divorce rates are sky high (I know) but relationship break up rates are even higher.

I won't even get into the advantages of Iive in ? for the fellas and live in ? (n/h) for the ladies that's a whole other thread.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So marry someone for ? and money basically Crude?

the kids thing is only for couples who have kids together already
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To some single life gets old ,especially when you aren't the most desirable. So they search for a companion that fits them best or they can tolerate then they get married cause no one wants to risk being single all they life.

I'll start with that
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about a ring would make a couple think one is supposed to stay loyal to the other?