Every Simpsons Ever Marathon On FXX

Options
1235»

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope, but ? FXX tho.

I was at my parents house today and they have FXX, I was watching the episode where Homer becomes a hair stylist.

I'm paraphrasing

Marge: He did wonders on my sisters hair.

Homer: I just put new lids on two trash cans.

? I was crying!
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I been watching a lot of the episodes released within the last 4 years and they get judged too harshly a lot of them are still pretty funny.

I will say they aren't that creative with the stories anymore (Homer has a new job, Selma gets married and then divorced, flashback/future episode, Bart falls in love etc) but I still find some of them funny as ? .

Selma marrying Fat Tony was hilarious to me. I like how they blended the old Italian mobster stereotype with the new "? " Italian stereotype based off of the Jersey Shore, it might not have been very creative but it was still funny and an episode centered around Fat Tony is somewhat different.

The episode where Krabappel and Flanders start dating is funny. I like how they are incorporating a lot of the satellite characters like Comic Book Guy and Carl as central characters in their own stories, that's dope.

The animation vastly improved over the years too
    I JUST tweeted this. Great minds think alike.
    "Ya know, this Simpsons marathon is showing me the later shows didn't get worse, just smarter.

I loved the idiocy. A bunch of folk did."

I think the was the issue. A lot of who grew up on the Simpsons hated to see the change happening to them as they shifted with the times. Think on how GOAT seasons 3-8 were, how "good" since 9-18 (when the movie came out), then think about how much we hated everything after the movie (19-now). it evolved, but couldn't be as low-brow as it was, and that's what the Simpsons really was/is all about: Being as low-brow as the average 90's American.

Even still I don't think the new episodes are terrible, but they aren't as great as the glory years either. But I just can't hate these anymore. I just can't.

This "Skinner" western dream is funny as ? . LOL @ the random Obama reference. And they had Itchy & Scratchy as Jamacians, high as ? , and killing/smoking each other (well, mostly Itchy killing/smoking Scratchy, but you get my point.. C'mon....that's GOAT as ? .

And yes, the animation looks like you're watching a new version of the movie every week. I haven't said this in YEARS, but I'm actually awaiting a new Simpsons season; mostly the Simpsons/Family Guy episode. ? , I saw the leaked preview of that ? .....that's gonna be some good TV.

That being said, they need to calls the ? quits either after this season or one more to milk it. Anything after that, and it starts to destroy the legacy, and that would be a ? shame.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this was the BEST ? ' MARATHON OF ANY SHOW OF ALL TIME

With Tom & Jerry coming in second
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hans Moleman-Can they really execute you in a local jail
    Rev Lovejoy-From this point on no more talking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9WMoFWYEQ

Moe-Its the Feds lets get this whale back to sea world
    Whale-Woooo Woooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBotG_sneMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzB12h-BiM8

dead lmfao
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Hans Moleman-Can they really execute you in a local jail
    Rev Lovejoy-From this point on no more talking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9WMoFWYEQ

Moe-Its the Feds lets get this whale back to sea world
    Whale-Woooo Woooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBotG_sneMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzB12h-BiM8

dead lmfao

LOL @ hans mole man only being 31 years old
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ three people picking up and carrying a killer whale by hand
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This marathon spoiled me man I'm so used to watching the Simpsons when I got home lol.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    This marathon spoiled me man I'm so used to watching the Simpsons when I got home lol.

Hell yea. It was on, day in and out. I took it 4 granted. My heart drop, when i put fxx on, to find out d marathon ended.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Yea, the first like 11 seasons are the glory years, then I think it really did get off track for few seasons there, but the last few have actually been pretty good. I think the only problem with the more recent seasons is that they are pretty much just new takes on old premises. They've done everything. But the show has been on forever so hard to fault them. Its still funny.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »

Hell yea. It was on, day in and out. I took it 4 granted. My heart drop, when i put fxx on, to find out d marathon ended.

don't worry they'll be showing block episodes soon about 4- 6 episodes. the network said so.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    I was watching the episode when homer became an fbi informant and was locked up with the Italian mob. he killed fat tony and his cousin fit tony took over and eventually became fat tony. damn I missed the episode with rex banner and the speak easy. when homer was running ? from his basement.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    .i noticed with this marathon that Groening was really on a kick where he liked delving into his characters past and potential futures.

He did the same thing with Futurama. Of course The Simpsons seems to contradict itself a lot because in some flashbacks Homer is smart, in others he's a ? .

a result of the crayon in his brain
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    lmao @ that killer whale skit

nh @ mulders wallet id tho
  • earth two superman
    Options
    apu-as-a-hummingbird-o.gif
    my 10 yr old self damn near had a seizure from laughing the first time i saw this ?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So when did this show begin to fall off?
  • earth two superman
    Options
    So when did this show begin to fall off?

When they tried to be family guy.