ESPN's Neil Everett dogs his employers for Johnny Manziel/Braxton Miller coverage

Options
Rampage12
Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seems like this issue hit him pretty hard for whatever reason but still pretty cool:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/08/21/espn-sportscenter-anchor-neil-everett-clearly-unhappy-with-manzielmiller-coverage/

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So sick of Manziel. Dude is gonna be a bust. So damn happy we have Bridgewater instead.

Bridgewater is da next ? .
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    So sick of Manziel. Dude is gonna be a bust. So damn happy we have Bridgewater instead.

Bridgewater is da next ? .

I know you're a huge Vikings fan and as a lifelong FSU fan is the book pretty much written on Ponder? Is he even getting any reps during preseason? I feel like he got a unfair shake and didn't even have a chance to develop thanks to McNabb sucking so bad and having to be thrown in there. But even with playing with a horrific defense his stats aren't that bad especially when you throw in his rushing TD's.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't have a chance to develop? He had 2 seasons after that as a starter and he sucked ass in both of them. Maybe Bill Musgrave was really just that horrible as on OC, but maybe Ponder made him look that garbage, probably both. We made the playoffs the year we did with Ponder because of Adrian Peterson.

Ponder's time in the Vikings is over at this point unless they keep him as a third string QB which is possible. I hope they trade him for like a 6th or 7th round pick. He would make a good back-up QB that can lose games for someone. He's looked mid-season form so far in the preseason. Staring down recievers and almost throwin pick 6's on every play
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Didn't have a chance to develop? He had 2 seasons after that as a starter and he sucked ass in both of them. Maybe Bill Musgrave was really just that horrible as on OC, but maybe Ponder made him look that garbage, probably both. We made the playoffs the year we did with Ponder because of Adrian Peterson.

Ponder's time in the Vikings is over at this point unless they keep him as a third string QB which is possible. I hope they trade him for like a 6th or 7th round pick. He would make a good back-up QB that can lose games for someone. He's looked mid-season form so far in the preseason. Staring down recievers and almost throwin pick 6's on every play

Haha, nothing personal man just asking your opinion, he just had a cool story with being a 3 Star QB out of HS to being pretty damn good at FSU (being from Texas, weird how none of the Texas schools showed any interest in him) anyways he's a bright kid considering he graduated in 2 1/2 years and wifed up Samantha.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ponder's era at FSU was pretty underwhelming just like EJ's. Nothing like the Chris Rix age, but still underwhelming
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the funniest thing is ? claim they hate espn and are sick of over coverage of certain stories but then they watch it still. if you don't like it there are plently of sources to get your sports news. likewise we do still hear many more stories of inspirational athletes and fans of athletes who have amazing stories.

Think about Michigan State and payne and the little girl and how we got updates by the week on that great story. Think about the kid at nebraska spring game. And with the little league world series we got great stories of an RBI funded Jackie Robinson league having a team in the LLWS National Title Game tomorrow. If i get sick of the Chris B and Brian Windhusrt coverage of lebrons offseason i simply turned away from espn. Same with any other story.

But i will say one thing i would rather see Johnny Manziel coverage than to hear in deph coverage of which kicker to draft for fantasy football. And I would rather hear the initial details of a Braxton Miller Injury and implications than to have a segment on sports center about the Marlins AA prospect.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no one else found it hilarious that this turned into a discussion of manziel?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Manziel is basically the total opposite of tebow but they are still so similar in many ways. Especially how both will be busts but get so much media coverage
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ponder's era at FSU was pretty underwhelming just like EJ's. Nothing like the Chris Rix age, but still underwhelming

The only reason ANYONE thought Ponder was good, was because of the awful, horrific play of Rix, and Weatherford.
    That ? is a backup in Arena League 2......
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everett always keeps it real. Props
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Options
    As a brown fan I damn near cried when we drafted that clown smfh
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ponder nd EJ stayed staring down receivers i would always wait for them to throw an interception to cost us a game lls both had flashes of greatness but were wildly inconsistent they were both betta then Xavier Lee nd drew weatherford da WOAT
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Ponder nd EJ stayed staring down receivers i would always wait for them to throw an interception to cost us a game lls both had flashes of greatness but were wildly inconsistent they were both betta then Xavier Lee nd drew weatherford da WOAT

Co-sign 1,000 times!!! I'm still salty over Adrian McPherson that boy coulda been something.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Co-sign 1,000 times!!! I'm still salty over Adrian McPherson that boy coulda been something.

He's doing fine, like I posted in the College Football Thread he got a $5 million settlement from the Titans when their mascot ran him over with a golf cart when he was with the Saints.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's what's up. I swear we went through 10 years of purgatory at the qb position. Between Rix, Wyatt Sexton, & Weatherford we had three of the worst qbs in the history of Seminole football during that time period. Bad thing about it is Rix wasted some great defenses during the early 2000s.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO @ any team trading a pick for Ponder
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FSU ? up a whole era of QB's. They had 3 great high school qbs that they moved to receiver or db that were better than who they had at the time.

Atrews Bell
    Anquan Boldin
    Gerard Ross