My Question About The Dark Knight Rises...

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
Batman DID ? Harvey Dent when he was pushed off the ledge, so blaming Batman for that was no big deal.

Nobody explains to that cop why Batman also took the blame for Dents murders, so the joker didn't win and all the corrupt mob guys and city officials would stay in prison? Cause that cop has no right to be angry over ? he wasn't even around for.

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So JFK was under cover racist?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm still trying to figure out how the cop knew bruce wayne was batman but oh well
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    he took the wrap to keep a positive memory of Dent alive, which was used to push thru the law that let them bag all the bad guys.

Sorta like protecting JFK's questionable racial views from the public so they could champion the Civil Rights Act after his assassination.

Yea I know. But batman did ? dent. My question was why did that cop feel the need to get all righteous about the situation when he wasn't even there to understand.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i'm still trying to figure out how the cop knew bruce wayne was batman but oh well

dkr wasn't a great movie it was good but not great. it suffered from the trilogy jinx and in trilogies the third movie is usually the weakest. I haven't watched in a while but if I do i'll be watching it for catwoman and the action scenes. bane was a good character though. also if heath ledger hadn't died the joker would have been in the courthouse scene as the judge and not the scarecrow. the cop was robin he figured bruces identity on a hunch and not solid evidence. he was a good detective though.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing i did like after looking back was how robin really was playin a side kick in a way
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See, I was confused. Were they setting him up to be, Robin, or the next batman?
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

You were confused cause it didn't make sense. Why call him robin if your setting him up to be the next batman, hes not going to use his actual name 'robin' as a masked vigilante so it was pointless to throw that in there. That whole robin bit was forced and was thrown in there for shock value. Even if they were paying homage I thought the whole idea was dumb and should of been left out. When he said my name is robin I was sitting in the theatre with the shaq face.

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's so hard to get about it? Christopher Nolan wrote that character as an amalgamation of all the Robins without actually being the masked vigilante from the comics. Making his real name "Robin" was a simply a nod to the source material and an indication that the trilogy was coming to an end.

It's not even concretely stated that he takes up the mantle as Batman, only that he COULD... Anybody could be Batman. The one thing that is sure is that Bruce Wayne was no longer Batman.

Also, if Heath Ledger was alive, TDKR would have been an entirely different movie. They wrote the script after Ledger died.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The oddest thing about 'Robin' to me was that I read that Nolan hated Robin and didn't think Batman needed sidekicks.

I was on board with that idea. I hate sidekicks most of the time. I disliked Catwoman's role in the film, she just didn't seem necessary or all that important to the story.

The biggest problem I had with the flick was Bane being demoted to "solider villain" at the end. It felt forced and pretty lame because of how well built the character was.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole concept of "Robin" is kinda wack and wouldn't work in movies anyway

Tim Burton didn't even want Robin. Def not the way we know Robin and how he was in Joe Schumacher films
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options

That's just to ? with you, tease you and make act like Weebey when he found out "shorty was a Cop and she ain't dead"

There was never going to be a next Batman flick.

It was planned on 3 from the get go
  • nickel-us P
    Options
    I cant see joker playing along with bane tho. Joker wouldve had a plan of his own then it wouldve been joker vs bane
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont see the problem with how Nolan interpreted Robin. You ? just love to complain.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TDRK was defintely the weak link of the triology but I still thought it did some things well
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole concept of "Robin" is kinda wack and wouldn't work in movies anyway

Tim Burton didn't even want Robin. Def not the way we know Robin and how he was in Joe Schumacher films
    Lmao at joel Schumacher
    Wtf was that cracka smoking?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's so hard to get about it? Christopher Nolan wrote that character as an amalgamation of all the Robins without actually being the masked vigilante from the comics. Making his real name "Robin" was a simply a nod to the source material and an indication that the trilogy was coming to an end.

It's not even concretely stated that he takes up the mantle as Batman, only that he COULD... Anybody could be Batman. The one thing that is sure is that Bruce Wayne was no longer Batman.

Also, if Heath Ledger was alive, TDKR would have been an entirely different movie. They wrote the script after Ledger died.
    I cant see joker playing along with bane tho. Joker wouldve had a plan of his own then it wouldve been joker vs bane

no joker wouldn't have been a major villain he would have been an arkham inmate that got released when bane took over gotham. I remember reading somewhere that the joker would have had a bit part in the dkr. I also read somewhere that the joker was supposed to be the judge in the courthouse scene and not scarecrow.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea there are weak points in tdkr. I really hated how batman beats Bane in the end thought they coud of used a little more creativity there... but eh still a decent flick
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    So, ? my question everybody
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    So, ? my question everybody

Robin "John" Blake saw himself as a product of his environment and took responsibility for his surroundings. As an orphan and a police officer, he identified with Bruce Wayne, Batman, and Commissioner Gordon. That resonance was his motivation.
  • nickel-us P
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Batman DID ? Harvey Dent when he was pushed off the ledge, so blaming Batman for that was no big deal.

Nobody explains to that cop why Batman also took the blame for Dents murders, so the joker didn't win and all the corrupt mob guys and city officials would stay in prison? Cause that cop has no right to be angry over ? he wasn't even around for.

Batman didn't ? Harvey Dent, from that height technically the Batman should have died too. I think Harvey Dent disappearing was just to add mystique from a fan's perspective "what happened to Harvey Den ?" - because he's TwoFace, we know he's not dead. Conversely they didn't anticipate Heath Ledger dying either. The third film was originally going to have TwoFace, Joker and The Riddler, with Catwoman and Robin thrown in for the grand finale. Without Ledger they decided to rewrite the script.

Batman took the fall for it so he could keep the symbolism alive of what good men were in the spirit of Harvey Dent. They martyr'd him to send a message to the crime world of Gotham. They made their mistakes and that's what Bane exposed.

If you're talking about Robin, he was upset at the social injustice of Gotham. He just has a high sense of morality and justice (he's a superhero himself). Him being an orphan and his hatred for the corruption was a way for him and Batman to find common ground character-wise. He literally watched the his city get shook by Az Raz Ghul, then ravaged by the Joker, Harvey Dent lost in the war, Batman turned enemy and then Bane taking over Gotham. He was frustrated, kinda like knowing of a mass conspiracy but not being able to do ? or change anything b/c of who you are on the chess board. You have to remember that from our perspective we seen everything b/c we're the audience, but all the details aren't known to Robin.

I honestly favored TDKR over the 2nd one, I thought it was actually quite inspiring. I liked watching an all-powerful hero like the Batman get beaten fair and square and will almost broken before he chose to make a change and change his life around - not for himself but for his city for his reality. Sounds kinda like Inception LOLOL. That was one of the few times that the villains actually won, and Bane himself before he was revealed kinda had that anti-hero "I'm out for justice" feel too, the twist in the end w/ Talia was to keep the movie more like a comic book/entertainment (if you know the comics then you knew they had to do something w/ Talia). Bane was simply coping with what the Joker revealed to all of Gotham - same with the cop/Robin.

Any idea who wouldve played riddler?
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman Begins was the best of the trilogy.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman did ? Harvey Dent!
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options

Sion wrote: »

Batman didn't ? Harvey Dent, from that height technically the Batman should have died too. I think Harvey Dent disappearing was just to add mystique from a fan's perspective "what happened to Harvey Den ?" - because he's TwoFace, we know he's not dead. Conversely they didn't anticipate Heath Ledger dying either. The third film was originally going to have TwoFace, Joker and The Riddler, with Catwoman and Robin thrown in for the grand finale. Without Ledger they decided to rewrite the script.

Batman took the fall for it so he could keep the symbolism alive of what good men were in the spirit of Harvey Dent. They martyr'd him to send a message to the crime world of Gotham. They made their mistakes and that's what Bane exposed.

If you're talking about Robin, he was upset at the social injustice of Gotham. He just has a high sense of morality and justice (he's a superhero himself). Him being an orphan and his hatred for the corruption was a way for him and Batman to find common ground character-wise. He literally watched the his city get shook by Az Raz Ghul, then ravaged by the Joker, Harvey Dent lost in the war, Batman turned enemy and then Bane taking over Gotham. He was frustrated, kinda like knowing of a mass conspiracy but not being able to do ? or change anything b/c of who you are on the chess board. You have to remember that from our perspective we seen everything b/c we're the audience, but all the details aren't known to Robin.

I honestly favored TDKR over the 2nd one, I thought it was actually quite inspiring. I liked watching an all-powerful hero like the Batman get beaten fair and square and will almost broken before he chose to make a change and change his life around - not for himself but for his city for his reality. Sounds kinda like Inception LOLOL. That was one of the few times that the villains actually won, and Bane himself before he was revealed kinda had that anti-hero "I'm out for justice" feel too, the twist in the end w/ Talia was to keep the movie more like a comic book/entertainment (if you know the comics then you knew they had to do something w/ Talia). Bane was simply coping with what the Joker revealed to all of Gotham - same with the cop/Robin.

Any idea who wouldve played riddler?

Idk where Sion got that from but Warner Bros wanted The Riddler to be the villain in the 3rd one.

They wanted Leo to play Nigma

Nolan turned it down cause he want a villain that was more physically imposing than Batman, hence Bane

Plus he thought the Riddler was too similar to the Joker
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought Depp was going to play the Riddler